NBC Sports Edge Forums

Aaron Jones 2019 Outlook

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The sell high buy low stuff gets completely carried away on here.     Here is a new strategy.  Jones is a good running back.  Keep him.  Start him.  

I don't know what you guys were watching but I thought he looked fine. He will have better days ahead against much worse defenses than he's faced these first 4 weeks. I expect the whole offense to loo

"Against weaker defenses Jamaal Williams will be more effective? There's no difference in effectiveness between the two RBs?"   Jones had 5.5 YPC last year and sits at 5.0 for his career. Ja

Posted Images

Just now, wendellrott said:

Guess you win the coveted

"I TRUST ARRON JONES TROPHY"

No trophy needed. I’ll say it again... benching your starters, especially someone drafted in rounds 1-4, after one week is moronic. 

• Thanks 5

I think part of the lore with picking Jones in the draft was the way he played down the stretch last year and the hope that the new coach would open up the offense.  It really hasn't happened and the coach has now stated this Williams split he wants to see.  So although things aren't terrible, its not what we envisioned when we drafted him in the 3rd or 4th rounds.

• Like 1

Starting Aaron Jones tonight with confidence. So far this season through 3 games he is averaging 18 looks (targets + rushes) a game. This is compared to last year when he averaged 14 and was still RB23 in .5PPR despite missing 4 games (3 during the fantasy season). 

Also, yes I believe Philly run D is solid but if you consider that they've only played WASH ATL DET- 30th, 27th, 18th in team rushing yard per game- theres a good chance that the stout Philly run D has more to do with the opponent than themselves.

Lastly, rookie Elgton Jenkins was a BEAST in his first career start against DEN. He is an upgrade at G on the OL vs Lane Taylor who is pretty much a career average player. Jenkins solidifies the interior of the OL and should lead to an improved run game throughout the season.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Islanderman said:

I think part of the lore with picking Jones in the draft was the way he played down the stretch last year and the hope that the new coach would open up the offense.  It really hasn't happened and the coach has now stated this Williams split he wants to see.  So although things aren't terrible, its not what we envisioned when we drafted him in the 3rd or 4th rounds.

Exactly why I'm baffled... they managed to get an even bigger idiot coach?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Islanderman said:

Last year in Tennessee, I believe Lafleur had a pretty even snap count between Derrick Henry and Dion Lewis, but Henry got most of the touches.  Snap count is far less important than touches.  It was reasonable to think that, even if the snap count was close to even, that Jones would get the majority of touches.

What's odd is that he wants to even up the touches.  He certainly didn't do that at the end of last year, when he was riding Derrick Henry.  Henry went nuts and I believe his snap count was still only like 55% or something.

14 minutes ago, philnutz said:

Williams on injury report last week, leads backfield, Jones on injury report this week..

unless i missed something?  if you are talking about earlier in the week, i believe williams was listed as limited as well.

Packers' Aaron Jones: Listed as full practice participant

September 24, 2019 4:37 PM ET | by RotoWire Staff

The Packers listed Jones (shoulder) as a full participant on Tuesday's estimated practice report, Matt Schneidman of The Athletic reports.

Due to the quick turnaround for Thursday's game against the Eagles, the Packers aren't expected to hold an actual practice session until Wednesday. That said, the team's estimate of Jones being a full participant suggests the shoulder issue he's tending to isn't much of a concern heading into the Week 4 matchup. The injury may explain in part why Jones handled a season-low 39 percent snap share in Week 3 against the Broncos, but he still managed to reach the end zone twice in the victory.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

Who, more likely than not, are your studs

I guess it depends. I have a pretty strong stable right now to choose from. I'd rather not take a chance on a Thursday night game against a team that has only given up ~50yds per game and only 1 touchdown to runningbacks this season.

If he goes off on my bench then he earns my trust next week. I also have Adams in this game so I'd rather not get completely rekt if both of them dud.

Edited by n4sa
2 hours ago, dsrich said:

No trophy needed. I’ll say it again... benching your starters, especially someone drafted in rounds 1-4, after one week is moronic. 

I did that 2 years ago with Jordan Howard, after he no-shows vs the Bucs and with the Steelers on tap.  He was my pick at 13.

Gurley was my pick at 12.  

Anyway, Howard has a monster game.  I lose that week by a couple points.  Miss playoffs by 1 game.

Wasted a monster year, and playoff run, from Gurley.  Would've won the championship if I'd just made it in...

So I agree: don't bench your top picks early in the season 

Just now, SadFaceHappy said:

I did that 2 years ago with Jordan Howard, after he no-shows vs the Bucs and with the Steelers on tap.  He was my pick at 13.

Gurley was my pick at 12.  

Anyway, Howard has a monster game.  I lose that week by a couple points.  Miss playoffs by 1 game.

Wasted a monster year, and playoff run, from Gurley.  Would've won the championship if I'd just made it in...

So I agree: don't bench your top picks early in the season 

Yeah I started Howard last season the first 4 weeks and ended up losing all 4 of those weeks. Hindsight.