Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Aaron Jones 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:


Just edited previous comment before posting this, GB is 24th. But they have played

CHI  DEF  5th low rushing yards per game

MIN  DEF 13/32

DEN DEF 16/32

Elgton Jenkins is a difference maker in the interior line as well.

Prediction for AJ tonight?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The sell high buy low stuff gets completely carried away on here.     Here is a new strategy.  Jones is a good running back.  Keep him.  Start him.  

I don't know what you guys were watching but I thought he looked fine. He will have better days ahead against much worse defenses than he's faced these first 4 weeks. I expect the whole offense to loo

"Against weaker defenses Jamaal Williams will be more effective? There's no difference in effectiveness between the two RBs?"   Jones had 5.5 YPC last year and sits at 5.0 for his career. Ja

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, RustyMiller said:

 

Eagles are 2nd in the league in run defense.  29th in pass defense.

If you were a coach, which would you choose to attack with a HOF QB?

 

Jamaal Williams in I formation at the goal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RustyMiller said:

 

Eagles are 2nd in the league in run defense.  29th in pass defense.

If you were a coach, which would you choose to attack with a HOF QB?


I'd aim to do what wins the game. Who knows what happens though? You dont think the Eagles could be planning for the obvious choice here? Whos to say with Darby out (Eagles best CB) they dont sell out for the pass and give up the run? 

Statistics in FB lack sample size and are always dynamic. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:


I'd aim to do what wins the game. Who knows what happens though? You dont think the Eagles could be planning for the obvious choice here? Whos to say with Darby out (Eagles best CB) they dont sell out for the pass and give up the run? 

Statistics in FB lack sample size and are always dynamic. 

 

If Jones does well tonight, I feel its going to be with screens or the pass game.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, n4sa said:

Not how I wanted him to get all the volume in this backfield but I think it's safe to say he's a must start going forward after what looks like a pretty bad injury for Williams.

I think it was just a concussion. He got knocked out. Regardless this team still just keeps going back to rodgers slinging the ball. Lost the game today because of it. They don't have any designed screen plays for him. They passed 4 times at the 1 yard line after jones has been hitting the end zone hard. Im not impressed at all. And this is with williams out. If it wasn't for that lucky TD again he would have had a terrible game. If I could sell him I would.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 straight plays on the 1 yard line and LaFleur/Rodgers get cute and throw it 4 times, 2 of which didn't have a chance. Give Jones 2 chances there and he ends up with 6 pts. Not to mention not running it at the Goal line again with the game on the line with 40 seconds and 2 TO's. This is the reason they lost this game, here's to hoping they realize this and pound the rock going forward.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, StevenSC400 said:

I think it was just a concussion. He got knocked out. Regardless this team still just keeps going back to rodgers slinging the ball. Lost the game today because of it. They don't have any designed screen plays for him. They passed 4 times at the 1 yard line after jones has been hitting the end zone hard. Im not impressed at all. And this is with williams out. If it wasn't for that lucky TD again he would have had a terrible game. If I could sell him I would.

 

They said head/neck. So I'm just assuming it's more than a concussion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Olliemets said:

4 straight plays on the 1 yard line and LaFleur/Rodgers get cute and throw it 4 times, 2 of which didn't have a chance. Give Jones 2 chances there and he ends up with 6 pts. Not to mention not running it at the Goal line again with the game on the line with 40 seconds and 2 TO's. This is the reason they lost this game, here's to hoping they realize this and pound the rock going forward.

 

I think if Adams was still in the game they would have won, but yeah they should have at least ran the ball once at the goal line.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously, I’m hoping that Jamaal Williams is ok and gets well soon. That being said, while he’s out Jones is a must-start RB in PPR. No one seems to be addressing the fact that he went up against Philly, who coming in was allowing 8.7 points per game to opposing RBs. Did the same against a tough Vikings defense. At the end of the day, the good fantasy RBs aren’t always rushing for 100 yards every game, they’re just finding a way to put up points more often than not. He showed that tonight. At least while Jamaal is out, Jones seems a lock for at least 15 a game. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

this is awful guys. Jones is gonna be trash this year unless jamaal williams dies. Even in a game where jamaal left the coach refuses to use jones.  If there is still a chance you can trade for something good do it by all means!! Ive tried to sell since the minny game but noone in my league wants him. Pathetic draft pick.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, David Aames said:

this is awful guys. Jones is gonna be trash this year unless jamaal williams dies. Even in a game where jamaal left the coach refuses to use jones.  If there is still a chance you can trade for something good do it by all means!! Ive tried to sell since the minny game but noone in my league wants him. Pathetic draft pick.

3.9...21...14.3...11.8

Those are his scores in standard.

How is that awful?

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not an Aaron Jones owner but i can't believe they didn't run the ball even once at the goal line on 4 consecutive tries. And then didn't run again at the end of the game with 2 timeouts on the goal line, AFTER Jones got like 4 yards right before.

 

 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, David Aames said:

this is awful guys. Jones is gonna be trash this year unless jamaal williams dies. Even in a game where jamaal left the coach refuses to use jones.  If there is still a chance you can trade for something good do it by all means!! Ive tried to sell since the minny game but noone in my league wants him. Pathetic draft pick.

Lol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...