NBC Sports Edge Forums

Aaron Jones 2019 Outlook

Goal line back for the Packers with ~10 carries pg alone is a decent shot at RB2 numbers. With AJ's (albeit modest) role in the passing game, and possibly an expanded role now Jamaal is out, it doesn't take a wild leap to see AJ has RB1 upside. (Although obviously Adams' injury could be problematic).

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The sell high buy low stuff gets completely carried away on here.     Here is a new strategy.  Jones is a good running back.  Keep him.  Start him.  

I don't know what you guys were watching but I thought he looked fine. He will have better days ahead against much worse defenses than he's faced these first 4 weeks. I expect the whole offense to loo

"Against weaker defenses Jamaal Williams will be more effective? There's no difference in effectiveness between the two RBs?"   Jones had 5.5 YPC last year and sits at 5.0 for his career. Ja

Posted Images

1 hour ago, David Aames said:

why is that funny? we drafted him in the damn 3rd round. Awful

He is putting up 3rd round value or better.  Going into this week 14th in ppr and 9th in standard.  If thats awful I wish every player on my team produced such awful results.

Edited by youngrice
  • Like 4

I mean.. points are points but his play and situation are pretty uninspiring. I’m not as optimistic as some of you guys on here. Rocking a clean 1.7ypc the past two games, bizarre playcalling( FOUR PASS PLAYS AT THE ONE??!?), if Williams didn’t suffer a serious injury- he’ll steal a big chunk of work, he just hasn’t looked very good?... he’ll have nice value in PPR while Williams is recovering bc of the dump-offs but season long, no thanks.

Edited by Bringthesonicsback
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

I mean.. points are points but his play and situation are pretty uninspiring. I’m not as optimistic as some of you guys on here. Rocking a clean 1.7ypc the past two games, bizarre playcalling( FOUR PASS PLAYS AT THE ONE??!?), if Williams didn’t suffer a serious injury- he’ll steal a big chunk of work, he just hasn’t looked very good?... he’ll have nice value in PPR while Williams is recovering bc of the dump-offs but season long, no thanks.

Eagles have been one of the toughest defenses against RBs, allowing opposing backs to score an average of 8.7 points per game. I get what you’re saying, but at the same time it just shows he can produce in a tough matchup IMO. 

• Like 1

The numbers he's put up in ppr over the last 3 weeks against very tough defenses has honestly been better than I expected.  While all of it may not be "pretty", it's points.  After next week, the schedule lightens up significantly (although Dallas has a decent defense).

With Williams out and a lighter schedule, look out!

• Like 1
Just now, sasnumberonefan said:

Could have been an even bigger day if he were given ANY of those GL carries down the stretch. His run of brutal rush defenses is over, even better days ahead. 

Yeah, considering that he's been an effective GL back, it was surprising he didn't any of those late opportunities.

12 hours ago, Corleone said:

Two things about Aaron Jones you may not know...

1. In the past two weeks, he is the #3 RB in Standard and #4 RB in PPR.
2. In his career, Jones has played in 8 games at home with Aaron Rodgers at QB. Jones has scored at least 1 TD in 7 of those 8 games (and 2 TD's twice).

So towards these points, after last night's game...

1. Jones scored 17.80 in PPR last night. 17.80 PPG would slot in as the overall #8 RB so far in 2019. 
17.80 would also slot in as the overall #6 RB in 2018 total points. Of RB's who played at least 12 games, it would rank as the #8 RB in PPG. 
So regardless of how he got the points, last night was a very good fantasy game for Jones.

2. In his career, Jones has now played in 9 home games with Rodgers at QB. Jones has scored at least 1 TD in 8 of those 9 games.

• Like 2

I'll admit that I was wrong in expecting a good rushing line from AJ. Philly front 7 was stout. Without Jamaal Williams injury, AJ has a disappointing night. Prayers up to Jamaal, that Barnett hit was dirty and he should be suspended/ejected. 

With that said, the Packers had two goal line opportunities (with one 1st and goal from the 1) and the Packers refused to give the ball to AJ (who already scored the first TD of the game). If you look back to the 1st and goal from the 1 drive- on 3rd down the Packers ran a RPO and Rodgers choose to keep the ball when AJ would have walked into the endzone. To me, this loss is on Aaron Rodgers selfishness at the goal line. Rodgers wanted this to be "his" game.

Hence why as talented as Rodgers is, he will never be better than #TomBradyDaGOAT. Tom Brady always does whats best to WIN.

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

watching this cat on some of his "routes" last night was painful - clearly illustrates why Williams was taking snaps away ... 

just not good, by any stretch.

Watching Rodgers was painful. To be honest, catching passes isn't Jones' thing. However, he can if the QB doesn't throw like sh*. I don't expect to see a ballerina out there.

17 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

watching this cat on some of his "routes" last night was painful - clearly illustrates why Williams was taking snaps away ... 

He looked good caught every catchable ball, I don't own him but he look pretty great against a TOUGH phili def always in the backfield. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

He looked good caught every catchable ball, I don't own him but he look pretty great against a TOUGH phili def always in the backfield. 

Yeah, a lot of people are all over him for things out of his control. It looked like there was a Philly defender through the line as soon as he got the hand-off and he was being shadowed on any pass plays he was involved in. I saw him run wide with no defenders on him and Rodgers just ignored him. Only when he was being covered did Rodgers attempt to throw to him.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

what up, brah ... hey, im'ma quote my post below, so we can do a little comprehension/context exercise, cool?

ok, here it is:

39 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

are ya done re-reading it?

ok. 

now, show me where i said "DOOD CAN'T CATCH!!!!" or "STONE HANDS ZOMG!!!!"

... ya can't find any reference to that, can ya?  wanna know why? 'cause i never criticized that aspect of his game - i criticized his awful route running, not his hands ..  big difference. 

comprehension/context go an awfully long way, mah man. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

The one thing I was really concerned with (preseason) was LaFluer's ability to call a game, and it is clearly gonna be an issue. He is making McCarthy look solid--at this point. Rodgers is gonna have to do a hostile take over, and he will def win any sort of 'power struggle' imo...he needs to go Mox in Varsity Blues

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

The one thing I was really concerned with (preseason) was LaFluer's ability to call a game, and it is clearly gonna be an issue. He is making McCarthy look solid--at this point. Rodgers is gonna have to do a hostile take over, and he will def win any sort of 'power struggle' imo...he needs to go Mox in Varsity Blues

tenor.gif?itemid=5640317

I'd love to see LaFleur get one of these in first though. 😂

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

I'll admit that I was wrong in expecting a good rushing line from AJ. Philly front 7 was stout. Without Jamaal Williams injury, AJ has a disappointing night. Prayers up to Jamaal, that Barnett hit was dirty and he should be suspended/ejected. 

With that said, the Packers had two goal line opportunities (with one 1st and goal from the 1) and the Packers refused to give the ball to AJ (who already scored the first TD of the game). If you look back to the 1st and goal from the 1 drive- on 3rd down the Packers ran a RPO and Rodgers choose to keep the ball when AJ would have walked into the endzone. To me, this loss is on Aaron Rodgers selfishness at the goal line. Rodgers wanted this to be "his" game.

Hence why as talented as Rodgers is, he will never be better than #TomBradyDaGOAT. Tom Brady always does whats best to WIN.

I tried to warn you guys.  Philly run defense is legit. AJ never had a chance on half of his runs.

Stack that on how horrible Phillys corners are why wouldn't you keep throwing.

And those flipping out on his production so far:

Bears D tough run D, Vikings Balled out, Broncos short week, Philly tough run D.

Better days are coming. Relax.

• Like 1