NBC Sports Edge Forums

Aaron Jones 2019 Outlook

5 minutes ago, Windmill said:

So far, according to ESPN, he has face the 4th, 9th, 23rd and 5th ranked run defense. The next few weeks he will face the 16th, 28th, 22nd, 24th, 19th and 17th until their bye. He faced a pretty tough run defense last night, I'm happy with the 17 points.

Here is the thing you are not understanding. Jamaal Williams is there. Jamaal Williams will continue to split the touches with him, and based on the eye test, will probably out touch aaron jones from here on out. Jones is TD dependant for fantasy purposes. Against weaker defenses Jamaal Williams will be more effective. GB realized what we did not realize awhile ago. There is no difference in effectiveness between the two rbs. So as each week passes, Jamaal Williams will probably end up with more touches the rest of the season since he is the guy they trust in passing situations, and im sure he will steal some goal line looks as well.

• Haha 3
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The sell high buy low stuff gets completely carried away on here.     Here is a new strategy.  Jones is a good running back.  Keep him.  Start him.  

I don't know what you guys were watching but I thought he looked fine. He will have better days ahead against much worse defenses than he's faced these first 4 weeks. I expect the whole offense to loo

"Against weaker defenses Jamaal Williams will be more effective? There's no difference in effectiveness between the two RBs?"   Jones had 5.5 YPC last year and sits at 5.0 for his career. Ja

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, herschel said:

hes the gl back for a fairly high powered offense.  i could see him getting 15 tds this season.

I wouldn’t call #22 in ypg and #19 ppg after 4 weeks a very high powered offense, especially if Adams is out for more than a couple weeks. Sorry, I’m just not a Jones believer. 

6 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Pretty much yeah. On those weeks he doesn't, are you to say he doesn't run it well and get catches that make up for it?

Yes? He may boost his value in PPR with a few catches but it’s fair to assume he’ll have games where he- runs poorly, doesn’t get a TD.. when considering he hasn’t looked good and has competition for work, I just don’t feel great about him. He reminds me of Fournette this year. Painful to watch him run, BUT gets that PPR work. The big difference is Fournette gets ALL the work. 

11 minutes ago, David Aames said:

Here is the thing you are not understanding. Jamaal Williams is there. Jamaal Williams will continue to split the touches with him, and based on the eye test, will probably out touch aaron jones from here on out. Jones is TD dependant for fantasy purposes. Against weaker defenses Jamaal Williams will be more effective. GB realized what we did not realize awhile ago. There is no difference in effectiveness between the two rbs. So as each week passes, Jamaal Williams will probably end up with more touches the rest of the season since he is the guy they trust in passing situations, and im sure he will steal some goal line looks as well.

LOL. Stop trolling this board.

• Like 1
Just now, Bringthesonicsback said:

Yes? He may boost his value in PPR with a few catches but it’s fair to assume he’ll have games where he- runs poorly, doesn’t get a TD.. when considering he hasn’t looked good and has competition for work, I just don’t feel great about him. He reminds me of Fournette this year. Painful to watch him run, BUT gets that PPR work. The big difference is Fournette gets ALL the work. 

of course he will.  what rb not named mcaffery, zeke, saquan or kamara is this not true for.  even cmc got shut down in week 2.  realistic expectations fellas (and ladies).

12 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

"Against weaker defenses Jamaal Williams will be more effective? There's no difference in effectiveness between the two RBs?"

Jones had 5.5 YPC last year and sits at 5.0 for his career. Jamaal sits at 3.7 for his career (3.8 last season). They are both at 3.3 this year, but it is abundantly clear looking at the past and just using your 2 eyes which is the better back. Williams has a role, and he should. He's a steady and solid number 2 NFL RB. Jones is a gamebreaker, it just hasn't shined through this year against a few of the top run defenses in football (though 23/115/1 is nothing to scoff at against Minny).

Sorry...meant Williams will be more effective than he has been. Not saying more effective than jones. Williams and jones will be very similar this year in effectiveness regardless of what jones did last year. 

This is the Jordan Howard situation all over again fellas.

Edited by David Aames
2 hours ago, David Aames said:

Jamaal Williams just got hit so hard in the ear hole he lost consciousness and collapsed as his whole body tensed up for some period of time. I'm not sure how fast Williams is coming back, I don't care what he tweet from his hospital room.

(cut to Williams playing next week, concussion protocol LOL)

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, David Aames said:

Sorry...meant Williams will be more effective than he has been. Not saying more effective than jones. Williams and jones will be very similar this year in effectiveness regardless of what jones did last year. 

This is the Jordan Howard situation all over again fellas.

Look man, either way jones floor in ppr is mid range rb2. No one here is saying he’s kamara, but he’s clearly the more talented back in Green Bay (a good team) and will have a good fantasy season barring injury. 

4 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

ok, and?

running four yards out the backfield, turning towards the los and clapping your hands is not exactly crisp route running. 

after Williams exited i saw this kid attempt something a tad more intricate than a simple checkdown ... looked like he was wearing snowshoes on two left feet. 

Guess my point was my eye test saw him open.. they saw that too in the second half..6 for 6 after the half

• Thanks 1

It's getting hard for me to trust Jones as my rb#2, first 2 games he's lead back by a good %, 3rd game he's out snapped and out touched by Williams, 4th game, Williams starts, but is knocked out of game on 1st drive. If Williams isn't hurt who knows what the breakdown would've been. Why do coaches seem to dislike Jones? Great pass pro, good reciever, and has been a beast near the goal line. Only thing I've seen him look bad on is having guys tackling him immediately on pitches, and on stretch runs he rarely cuts up field, he just trots out of bounds 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, akooreman180 said:

So much hate for this dude based on him playing 3 out of 4 games against defenses where the worst one was the 7th best defense against fantasy RBs 😂. He proceeded to light that one up for 25.

Only thing I hate is his situation. The same can be said about anyone else drafted around him minus Fournette.

6 hours ago, skedssays said:

1177594963586097152https://twitter.com/geoffschwartz/status/1177594963586097152

Great analysis of the 3rd & goal play here.  If Rodgers didn't predetermine the RPO, Jones scores.

Yep, saw that when they showed the replay during the game and couldn't believe it. Look at the spacing of the defensive line!

Folks are blaming the coach for the play calling....I'll stop short of calling Aaron a "stat-padder", but he had a hand in the type of plays that were executed in short.

Did anybody see the presser of either Aaron or the coach? What were their responses to the obvious question, why didn't you run the ball?

• Like 2
3 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

is Jamaal even that much better receiver than jones? jones looked fine and made some nice rec last night. 

Jones did make a great catch last night.  And I think he can do more once he gets the ball.

That being said, Williams looks more natural when running routes.  Jones looks a little awkward at times.

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, n4sa said:

Only thing I hate is his situation. The same can be said about anyone else drafted around him minus Fournette.

I don’t literally mean hate, it just seems like there’s a lot of naysayers towards Jones this year. However, he’s currently putting up RB1 numbers despite having faced elite run defenses 75% of the time, and Williams was playing in the majority of those games. He doesn’t need to put up a great rushing performance to be good in fantasy, at least in PPR.

Here’s the thing that people don’t pay attention to with the whole “terrible playcalling” thing. In the NFL, teams combine to throw it on the goal line probably close to a hundred times a year. The majority of the time, it’s not a pick, and no one says anything. If they do, they’re saying how that was such a good call to catch the defense off guard. Then people see one pick and act like it’s such a crazy decision to throw on the goal line.

53 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

Yep, saw that when they showed the replay during the game and couldn't believe it. Look at the spacing of the defensive line!

Folks are blaming the coach for the play calling....I'll stop short of calling Aaron a "stat-padder", but he had a hand in the type of plays that were executed in short.

Did anybody see the presser of either Aaron or the coach? What were their responses to the obvious question, why didn't you run the ball?

I called Rodgers a stat-padder last night in the packers vs eagles thread and everyone freaked out. But I mean really he does this all the time. He never looks happy out there anymore, he always audibles out of the selected plays. These guys came into the game 3-0 and all the announcers were talking how Adams wasn’t happy cause he didn’t get enough receptions and Rodgers said we gotta get him the ball more. Like you guys are 3-0. Everything you did was right up to last night. But again it’s rodgers being Rodgers and that coach is soft. You can tell he can’t get Rodgers under control. So if it’s not stat padding it’s some sort of complex to where he doesn’t feel right if the wins don’t go through him. 

And after the game the coach was obviously asked this questioned and he said they did have one run/pass option selected and Rodgers decided not to hand off the ball. It basically sounded like Rodgers changed all 4 of those plays on the 1 yard line.

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 2
50 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

Watching Rodgers this year he seems sloppy and like he doesn't care. Just an observation, I could be wrong. But he doesn't seem very engaged. It's like he lost his mojo and isn't really enjoying the game anymore. 

1 hour ago, philnutz said:

It's getting hard for me to trust Jones as my rb#2, first 2 games he's lead back by a good %, 3rd game he's out snapped and out touched by Williams, 4th game, Williams starts, but is knocked out of game on 1st drive. If Williams isn't hurt who knows what the breakdown would've been. Why do coaches seem to dislike Jones? Great pass pro, good reciever, and has been a beast near the goal line. Only thing I've seen him look bad on is having guys tackling him immediately on pitches, and on stretch runs he rarely cuts up field, he just trots out of bounds 

Williams wasn’t starting, they were both on the field for the one play Williams was in. But you’re right as far as us not knowing how the touches would have been distributed last night.

2 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

I called Rodgers a stat-padder last night in the packers vs eagles thread and everyone freaked out. But I mean really he does this all the time. He never looks happy out there anymore, he always audibles out of the selected plays. These guys came into the game 3-0 and all the announcers were talking how Adams wasn’t happy cause he didn’t get enough receptions and Rodgers said we gotta get him the ball more. Like you guys are 3-0. Everything you did was right up to last night. But again it’s rodgers being Rodgers and that coach is soft. You can tell he can’t get Rodgers under control. So if it’s not stat padding it’s some sort of complex to where he doesn’t feel right if the wins don’t go through him.

I’m going to disagree with this. Sure, they were 3-0, but it wasn’t because the offense was playing well. He said they need to get him the ball more to improve the offense, at least that’s how I read it.