Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Aaron Jones 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

At this point is seems like you can't play him in tough matchups. NYG and WAS week 13 and 14 should be good, but CHI / MIN I would probably avoid. Green Bay plays a game not featuring a strong running presence, then we see Jones kill it the next week, then the following week they just fall right back to not focusing on the run. As a FF owner its frustrating. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The sell high buy low stuff gets completely carried away on here.     Here is a new strategy.  Jones is a good running back.  Keep him.  Start him.  

I don't know what you guys were watching but I thought he looked fine. He will have better days ahead against much worse defenses than he's faced these first 4 weeks. I expect the whole offense to loo

"Against weaker defenses Jamaal Williams will be more effective? There's no difference in effectiveness between the two RBs?"   Jones had 5.5 YPC last year and sits at 5.0 for his career. Ja

Posted Images

hes Going to bounce back next week. But this in the most infuriating situation in all of football. My league mates think I’m crazy for thinking jones as the potential to be top 5. It this situation that makes then think I’m wrong. This coaching staff is just as bad. Idk how your star running back had just 1 catch in 4 weeks. After going off previous weeks. Idk what they are smoking 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, shift05 said:

At this point is seems like you can't play him in tough matchups. NYG and WAS week 13 and 14 should be good, but CHI / MIN I would probably avoid. Green Bay plays a game not featuring a strong running presence, then we see Jones kill it the next week, then the following week they just fall right back to not focusing on the run. As a FF owner its frustrating. 

 

You can't play the #5 RB in tough matchups?

Image result for christian bale gifs

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Goatstain3 said:

 

You can't play the #5 RB in tough matchups?

 

This is why I hate using the totals to rank players for fantasy.

At this point with the playoffs coming, I'd rather have several of the RBs below Jones in total points.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, K197040 said:

This is why I hate using the totals to rank players for fantasy.

At this point with the playoffs coming, I'd rather have several of the RBs below Jones in total points.

I disagree.  While Jones has certainly laid some turds, due to lack of usage, he's also put up a few monster games, as well.  But, it is troublesome not knowing to expect, one week to the next.  However, this whole year has been crazy for RB's.  There are very few who warrant, utmost confidence.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Goatstain3 said:

I disagree.  While Jones has certainly laid some turds, due to lack of usage, he's also put up a few monster games, as well.  But, it is troublesome not knowing to expect, one week to the next.  However, this whole year has been crazy for RB's.  There are very few who warrant, utmost confidence.  

In the playoffs I would take a handful of guys who have more consistency but lower total points for the season over jones. Once the playoffs hit you have to minimize your coin flips as much as possible. Even though jones can have a huge game he could also lose it for it for you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Goatstain3 said:

I disagree.  While Jones has certainly laid some turds, due to lack of usage, he's also put up a few monster games, as well.  But, it is troublesome not knowing to expect, one week to the next.  However, this whole year has been crazy for RB's.  There are very few who warrant, utmost confidence.  

I'd rather have Zeke, Chubb, Kamara.  Those are all lower than Jones I think in total points.  

If they're not going to pass him the ball and split carries 50/50, then he's become 100% TD dependent. 

 

Edited by K197040
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, K197040 said:

I'd rather have Zeke, Chubb, Kamara.  Those are all lower than Jones I think in total points.  

If they're not going to pass him the ball and split carries 50/50, then he's become 100% TD dependent. 

 

Agree with you on Zeke and Chubb.  Although, I think Kamara's a coin flip.  Have him as well, and his usage at times, is downright puzzling.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Goatstain3 said:

Agree with you on Zeke and Chubb.  Although, I think Kamara's a coin flip.  Have him as well, and his usage at times, is downright puzzling.

Same.  I have him in another league and it's been weird checking in at halftime and seeing him with a handful of points.  But the receptions usually come through at some point.

 

Edited by K197040
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I'd rather have Zeke, Chubb, Kamara.  Those are all lower than Jones I think in total points.  

If they're not going to pass him the ball and split carries 50/50, then he's become 100% TD dependent. 

 

i would rather fournette and henry too

Link to post
Share on other sites

Aaron Jones is a must start every damn week. I know this and so should every damn one of you. This game we play is all about luck. Sometimes luck is on your side and Jones goes boom, and once or twice a season Jones goes bust. That is how H2H works. Saddle up and ride it out. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, K197040 said:

Same.  I have him in another league and it's been weird checking in at halftime and seeing him with a handful of points.  But the receptions usually come throw at some point.

 

5 touches in the 1st half, yesterday.  I don't get it.  Is the most versatile player on the field.  Coaches, man.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Goatstain3 said:

5 touches in the 1st half, yesterday.  I don't get it.  Is the most versatile player on the field.  Coaches, man.

They had no sustained drives.  It wasnt like they didnt try to give him the ball, they just didnt call many plays, and when they did give the ball, he was stuffed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Goatstain3 said:

He's the 2nd best receiver on that team.  Find a way.  

easier said than done against that defense.  just curious if you watched the game or just responding to the box score.  gb offense had no answers....

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, herschel said:

easier said than done against that defense.  just curious if you watched the game or just responding to the box score.  gb offense had no answers....

Saints/Panthers - Redzone.  Packers/Niners - watched from start to finish.  And I agree, SF dominated.  But, one target in the passing game, is not nearly enough.    

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, herschel said:

easier said than done against that defense.  just curious if you watched the game or just responding to the box score.  gb offense had no answers....

Williams received 8 targets 

aaron jones had 1 target all game and it was underthrown. 

I’m a packer fan so i watched the whole game. It was definitely the coaches fault why he wasn’t used in the passing game. They took him out in a lot of drives. Even when he started to roll they would put in williams. This was a dud game not because he wasn’t effective but because of play calling. Idk how you only give him 1 target. The coach will get an ear full and Aaron Jones will bounce back next week. Against Carolina he also had no receptions. This coaching staff are idiots. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...