NBC Sports Edge Forums

Aaron Jones 2019 Outlook

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The sell high buy low stuff gets completely carried away on here.     Here is a new strategy.  Jones is a good running back.  Keep him.  Start him.  

I don't know what you guys were watching but I thought he looked fine. He will have better days ahead against much worse defenses than he's faced these first 4 weeks. I expect the whole offense to loo

"Against weaker defenses Jamaal Williams will be more effective? There's no difference in effectiveness between the two RBs?"   Jones had 5.5 YPC last year and sits at 5.0 for his career. Ja

Posted Images

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

Aaron Jones is a must start every damn week. I know this and so should every damn one of you. This game we play is all about luck. Sometimes luck is on your side and Jones goes boom, and once or twice a season Jones goes bust. That is how H2H works. Saddle up and ride it out. 

He’s for sure a must start. Idk how you could sit him. No one is saying he isn’t. What people are frustrated with is it can happen pretty much any game due to the way he is used sometimes. It’s not even an issue of the defense shutting him down but instead his backup receiving more work and jones simply not getting enough volume. It’s just head scratching. If you aren’t frustrated then idk.

• Like 5
Just now, StevenSC400 said:

He’s for sure a must start. Idk how you could sit him. No one is saying he isn’t. What people are frustrated with is it can happen pretty much any game due to the way he is used sometimes. It’s not even an issue of the defense shutting him down but instead his backup receiving more work and jones simply not getting enough volume. It’s just head scratching. If you aren’t frustrated then idk.

Exactly. 

13 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Although i understand the frustration, it shouldnt come as a surprise.  The coach said he was going to split carries since training camp and the back he is doing it with has more or less performed when asked to.  There is no question that Jones is the superior back, but if you remove the fantasy aspect from this decision, he has kept jones healthy and fresh going into the playoffs.  I kind of get it from an x's and o's point of view.

Edited by herschel
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, herschel said:

Although i understand the frustration, it shouldnt come as a surprise.  The coach said he was going to split carries since training camp and the back he is doing it with has more or less performed when asked to.  There is no question that Jones is the superior back, but if you remove the fantasy aspect from this decision, he has kept jones healthy and fresh going into the playoffs.  I kind of get it from an x's and o's point of view.

Not when it’s costing them games. If you look at all their lost games it’s when jones got minimal touches and they didn’t include him in the game plan. 

• Like 4
21 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Not when it’s costing them games. If you look at all their lost games it’s when jones got minimal touches and they didn’t include him in the game plan. 

No, the reason he didn't get touches in those games was because they were losing. Not the other way around as you imply.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, cs3 said:

Why is everyone talking about who they would or wouldn't rather have over Jones? At this point it doesn't matter, you're stuck with him. Not like you can trade him in week 13.

Depending on your league settings, sure you can.

26 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Defenses key on certain players they take a certain player who will key on a certain player then if that certain player is a top notch defender that player can lock down that other certain player. Us fantasy owners think it’s so damn easy to coach. All we think is give my player the ball X amount of times and if doesn’t work we want him to get the ball X2 amount of times. 

14 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Defenses key on certain players they take a certain player who will key on a certain player then if that certain player is a top notch defender that player can lock down that other certain player. Us fantasy owners think it’s so damn easy to coach. All we think is give my player the ball X amount of times and if doesn’t work we want him to get the ball X2 amount of times. 

So with their best WR returning it makes sense that Jones gets absolutely no targets in the passing game in 3 weeks?  Come on man you are way smarter then that.  I don't know if you have been watching the games or are just looking at the box scores but other then the Carolina game the Packers offense has looked god awful.  Yes, the 49ers have a great defense but other teams have been able to move the ball on them recently.  Unless teams are covering Jones with a CB or All-Pro safety it's a mismatch for the defense.  To just scrap your best weapon from what he has been excelling at all season makes absolutely zero sense.  

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

21 minutes ago, cs3 said:

No, the reason he didn't get touches in those games was because they were losing. Not the other way around as you imply.

Yes so when you’re losing and only give a guy like jones 1 target in catch up mode then wtf you think happened. It would be different if they gave him 5-6 targets and he had no production. But they literally gave him 1. That’s the dumbest s---. 

Same thing happened against the chargers. They ran the ball a total of 10 times with Aaron jones only getting 3 target with Jamal getting 6 targets. 

Seems like when they fall behind they trust williams with pass catching work. Which is completely stupid when you have someone that has proven Time and time again to produce. 

Had they stuck with him it would have been a more competitive game. Not taking anything away from the niners. They played great. But they have given up decent amount of points to rb with volume like Carson and cmc. 

That’s how they attack that defense with Rb volume. The whole play calling was just horrible. 

That being said I’m just ranting now i need to chill. Aaron jones will bounce back against the giants. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, knifeparty said:

Yes, the 49ers have a great defense but other teams have been able to move the ball on them recently.  Unless teams are covering Jones with a CB or All-Pro safety it's a mismatch for the defense.  To just scrap your best weapon from what he has been excelling at all season makes absolutely zero sense.  

THIS IN ALL CAPS 

same s--- happened against the chargers. I understand if they want to keep him healthy and rest him more often during games. But this could have helped them get home field advantage. If they do this s--- in the playoffs they’re going to lose. They cannot just give jones 1 target while giving williams 8 that’s just retarted 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, HOF12 said:

Yes so when you’re losing and only give a guy like jones 1 target in catch up mode then wtf you think happened. It would be different if they gave him 5-6 targets and he had no production. But they literally gave him 1. That’s the dumbest s---. 

Same thing happened against the chargers. They ran the ball a total of 10 times with Aaron jones only getting 3 target with Jamal getting 6 targets. 

Seems like when they fall behind they trust williams with pass catching work. Which is completely stupid when you have someone that has proven Time and time again to produce. 

Had they stuck with him it would have been a more competitive game. Not taking anything away from the niners. They played great. But they have given up decent amount of points to rb with volume like Carson and cmc. 

That’s how they attack that defense with Rb volume. The whole play calling was just horrible. 

That being said I’m just ranting now i need to chill. Aaron jones will bounce back against the giants. 

Me or you could bounce back against the Giants and I am about 20 pounds overweight and almost 40 LOL!!!!!

• Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

45 minutes ago, cs3 said:

When they are down and Williams is in the game more than jones and getting more screens and dump offs than jones it’s a major problem. If you guys can’t see it your either trying to ignore it or your blind.

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, hard1 said:

Wish this guy had the support of the dolphins coach.. gd ballage continues to be a barrage of horrible and continues to get support...

Sad thing is he doesn’t produce but they still give home all the run 😂

Aaron Jones the most underappreciated offensive weapon... if only they could see that. 

• Like 1

Some coaches don't know the difference between spell carries and a timeshare.

Case study: Minnesota Vikings

Dalvin Cook yields spell carries to Alexander Mattison. He also yields garbage time carries to Mattison when the game is decided (when the Vikings are way out in front). When the game is undecided or the Vikings are trailing, you can bet and believe Dalvin gets all the run: 3rd down, goal line and between the 20's. The Vikings do not sacrifice offensive productivity and ultimately, the outcomes of games to keep their star RB fresh. 

That is the difference between the Vikings and Packers.

giphy.gif

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Newtown said:

Dalvin Cook yields spell carries to Alexander Mattison. He also yields garbage time carries to Mattison when the game is decided (when the Vikings are way out in front). When the game is undecided or the Vikings are trailing, you can bet and believe Dalvin gets all the run: 3rd down, goal line and between the 20's. The Vikings do not sacrifice offensive productivity and ultimately, the outcomes of games to keep their star RB fresh. 

That is the difference between the Vikings and Packers

Well that, and the fact that Dalvin Cook is a lot better than Jones, is the difference between the Vikings and Packers.

It's funny that AJ owners are still whining about the same thing that's been happening since last year. It's obvious that GB (maybe the coaching staff and Rodgers?) prefers Williams in passing situations. They must see that he's better in pass pro, and/or catching the ball, and its unlikely that will change

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, cs3 said:

Well that, and the fact that Dalvin Cook is a lot better than Jones, is the difference between the Vikings and Packers.

It's funny that AJ owners are still whining about the same thing that's been happening since last year. It's obvious that GB (maybe the coaching staff and Rodgers?) prefers Williams in passing situations. They must see that he's better in pass pro, and/or catching the ball, and its unlikely that will change

McFleur also thought Dion Lewis should share the ball with Derrick Henry for similar reasons. LaFleur got promoted to HC and the Titans and Henry are doing better without him. 

Go figure.

• Like 2