NBC Sports Edge Forums

Aaron Jones 2019 Outlook

3 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Yeah, we've heard that one before. Then he puts tired a** Jamaal Williams out there.

Actually he usually says the exact opposite. He usually says even after a big Jones game that the 50/50 split will continue. I could be wrong but I don't recall him at any time this year ever saying that he would feed Jones.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The sell high buy low stuff gets completely carried away on here.     Here is a new strategy.  Jones is a good running back.  Keep him.  Start him.  

I don't know what you guys were watching but I thought he looked fine. He will have better days ahead against much worse defenses than he's faced these first 4 weeks. I expect the whole offense to loo

"Against weaker defenses Jamaal Williams will be more effective? There's no difference in effectiveness between the two RBs?"   Jones had 5.5 YPC last year and sits at 5.0 for his career. Ja

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, panthersfan75 said:

Actually he usually says the exact opposite. He usually says even after a big Jones game that the 50/50 split will continue. I could be wrong but I don't recall him at any time this year ever saying that he would feed Jones.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/11/06/aaron-rodgers-wants-15-20-touches-for-aaron-jones-10-15-for-jamaal-williams/

Aaron Rodgers wants 15-20 touches for Aaron Jones, 10-15 for Jamaal Williams (Matt knows that)

He didn't come out and say it a few weeks ago, but it isn't like LaFleur doesn't consult his field general on such matters. Yet last game Williams out-touched Jones. Jones should be getting 20 touches minimum.

On 11/25/2019 at 11:23 AM, K197040 said:

I'd rather have Zeke, Chubb, Kamara.  Those are all lower than Jones I think in total points.  

If they're not going to pass him the ball and split carries 50/50, then he's become 100% TD dependent. 

I wouldn't. In fact, I got Jones in a deal that involved Zeke 6 weeks ago. In the last month, even with Jones two garbage 3 point games, he has still outscored Zeke in PPR 76 to 53. Let that sink in. Zeke may be a bit more consistent, but he has nowhere near the ceiling Jones does. 

Edited by Dexter75
  • Haha 1

In the last game, through 3 quarters, Jones had 12 carries and 1 target.
In the last game, through 3 quarters, Williams had 4 carries and 6 targets.
Through 3 quarters, GB was down 30-8.
In the 4th quarter while down by a big amount, Jones had 1 carry and 0 targets.
In the 4th quarter while down by a big amount, Williams had 7 carries and 2 targets. All of those 7 carries came with GB's backup QB in the game.
Look, everyone would love Jones to have a huge week every week of his career. But that's not realistic.
As I have shown with actual facts throughout this thread, Jones finishes as a weekly RB1 or RB2 almost every week. He's been one of the best RB's period.
Would some of you rather have Jones in during garbage time when down 20+? He might increase his stats marginally...and he also could get hurt.
To sum up...quit complaining. Jones has significantly outperformed where you drafted him and rarely busts.
Stop looking at what he doesn't do (because of GB's gameplan) and look at what he does do.

Edited by Corleone
  • Like 2
20 hours ago, Newtown said:

McFleur also thought Dion Lewis should share the ball with Derrick Henry for similar reasons. LaFleur got promoted to HC and the Titans and Henry are doing better without him. 

Go figure.

Well damn I agree Henry is doing better but not so fast calling the Titans better. Last year the Titans went 9-7, this year they are 6-5. 

54 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

I wouldn't. In fact, I got Jones in a deal that involved Zeke 6 weeks ago. In the last month, even with Jones two garbage 3 point games, he has still outscored Zeke in PPR 76 to 53. Let that sink in. Zeke may be a bit more consistent, but he has nowhere near the ceiling Jones does. 

To each his own.  Zeke has had one bust week and it was still 8 points.  Jones isn’t getting any targets and is splitting touches.  A lot of those points you’re attributing to Jones are when Adams was out.  I didn’t think things would change that much when he returned but they have.  In the playoffs, I’m not going to be able to get away with another 4 point performance from him.  Hopefully LeFleur is smart enough to start getting him more involved.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

Not accurate. 

In the past 4 weeks Zeke has outscored him 60 to 34.  

From weeks 7-12 (past 6 weeks) AJ has the lead 96 to 88. That 6 week stretch includes both their byes.  8 pt difference  

I traded for zeke in an AJ/Hunter package after his 42 pt wk 8.  Since then AJ has had two 4s and a bye.  I had to get off his split backfield/boom or bust train, and so far it’s paid off  

Edited by Cleanface
  • Like 1
16 hours ago, JCDaly said:

Regarding Williams outtouching Jones last game, keep in mind, Williams got like 7 or 8 touches on the last drive when all the backups were in and the game was out of hand

100% this. Unless you project the Packers to get manhandled again then don't expect a similar touch distribution. Jones was the clear leader while the game was even reasonably competitive.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, GoPackGo23 said:

I think he'll eat this week. Should be a positive game script with plenty of scoring opportunities.

Agree.  I just hope the game is close and LeFleur is forced to play his best players.  If it’s a blowout, I can see him sticking with the 50/50 split.  If it is a blowout, hopefully Jones has at least one of the TDs

16 hours ago, Cleanface said:

Not accurate. 

In the past 4 weeks Zeke has outscored him 60 to 34.  

From weeks 7-12 (past 6 weeks) AJ has the lead 96 to 88. That 6 week stretch includes both their byes.  8 pt difference  

I traded for zeke in an AJ/Hunter package after his 42 pt wk 8.  Since then AJ has had two 4s and a bye.  I had to get off his split backfield/boom or bust train, and so far it’s paid off  

I meant last 4 games. Jones had a bye, obviously not counting that. Jones has outscored Zeke 74 to 57 in PPR last 4 games. Zeke doesn't have monster 40 point games, ever but his floor is a bit better since he doesn't have another RB splitting snaps with him. 

Edited by Dexter75

He is either boom or bust because they refuse to give him more than 12 touches and there is no RB around who can get a rhythm going when he's playing every other series and sitting on the bench for chunks of the game. I was hoping they would have Jones getting 75-80% of the carries once he dominated with Williams out, but nope. No idea if I can even start this guy next week. 

1 hour ago, lla887 said:

What is going on?  Jones helped me get to the playoffs now I’m not even sure if I can start him in the first round.  I get SF was a tough matchup but the Giants should have been cake.  

The Giants were cake.... for the passing game. 

• Like 1

Couldn't tell for sure, but at first I thought he and Jamaal were rotating series.  There was the beginning of the game where he quietly went off to the medical tent for it seemed like a play, then was on the bench when the team was in the red zone.  Seemed like Williams got the last series before the half and also the ones towards the end of the game.

Jamaal actually outpointed him in PPR, which is quite hilarious.  I thought after last game, didn't LaFleur basically admit that the team had to use Jones more?  What happened to that?