NBC Sports Edge Forums

Aaron Jones 2019 Outlook

23 minutes ago, NBatum88 said:

mid 2nd round too early?

I always keep the simple belief that if a player can be drafted before your next go around, which for you would be the mid 3rd round, it's never too early. If you are convinced that he is your guy, then go for it. IMO, after Mixon/Cook, it's up to how you feel.

• Like 4
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The sell high buy low stuff gets completely carried away on here.     Here is a new strategy.  Jones is a good running back.  Keep him.  Start him.  

I don't know what you guys were watching but I thought he looked fine. He will have better days ahead against much worse defenses than he's faced these first 4 weeks. I expect the whole offense to loo

"Against weaker defenses Jamaal Williams will be more effective? There's no difference in effectiveness between the two RBs?"   Jones had 5.5 YPC last year and sits at 5.0 for his career. Ja

Posted Images

What’s keep Aaron Jones’ ADP down? Very talented back in a top offense.

Is it injury or timeshare concerns, or something else I’m missing?

If injury concerns, practically every RB in the rounds 2-3 range has injury concerns. Is Aaron Jones more problematic?

Do we really think the timeshare is going to be significant enough to keep his production down?

What’s interesting is that Jamaal Williams is one of the latest backups being drafted. Maybe that’s a statement on his ability. But regardless, most backups onto offenses are drafted pretty early. I just wonder if that’s some level of indication that Aaron Jones has this job to himself and is expected to be healthy. And if that’s the case, then giddy up. 

1 minute ago, gufomel said:

What’s keep Aaron Jones’ ADP down? Very talented back in a top offense.

Is it injury or timeshare concerns, or something else I’m missing?

If injury concerns, practically every RB in the rounds 2-3 range has injury concerns. Is Aaron Jones more problematic?

Do we really think the timeshare is going to be significant enough to keep his production down?

What’s interesting is that Jamaal Williams is one of the latest backups being drafted. Maybe that’s a statement on his ability. But regardless, most backups onto offenses are drafted pretty early. I just wonder if that’s some level of indication that Aaron Jones has this job to himself and is expected to be healthy. And if that’s the case, then giddy up. 

Timeshare concerns and he's injury prone.

The timeshare thing will be interesting.  I believe Matt Lafleur has strongly hinted that it will be a timeshare already.  However, if we remember last year, it started as a timeshare and then Aaron Rodgers started publicly stating that Jones "needed more work" and you saw Jones take the lead.

Same thing could/should happen this year, even if it starts as a timeshare.  Aaron Jones is just so much better than Jamal Williams.  If Jamal Williams runs like Jamal Williams, we'll see Jones take the lead sooner than later again.

Where he is being drafted most RBs are in a timeshare or not on a good offense anyways, I took A Jones in 3rd of 2 drafts so far he is about even with Chris Carson, but ahead of guys like montgomery, ingram etc.  

The big thing is A Jones is really good, 5 plus yards per carry and he is on a good offense.  He has top 12 potential. 

• Like 1

I don't know what to do with this guy.  I see all the positives and negatives.  He's as explosive as hell but he's still in a timeshare right?  And can't seem to stay on the field right?

How do you justify taking him over Fournette (bellcow back) or Carson who's produced in the past and doesn't have to worry about a vulture stealing TDs?

Someone please convince me otherwise.

7 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

I don't know what to do with this guy.  I see all the positives and negatives.  He's as explosive as hell but he's still in a timeshare right?  And can't seem to stay on the field right?

How do you justify taking him over Fournette (bellcow back) or Carson who's produced in the past and doesn't have to worry about a vulture stealing TDs?

Always hurt so he should be the last one off the board in that tier. FYI he is hurt right now so Jones should be a 4th rounder in 12 teamers after the above mentioned

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

He plays a crap playoff schedule too. Chicago week 15 and Minnesota 16. Not a guy im interested in unless he falls big time.

• Like 1
Just now, buzzkilloton said:

He plays a crap playoff schedule too. Chicago week 15 and Minnesota 16. Not a guy im interested in unless he falls big time.

Starts the season with Chicago at home as well. I am fading GB players for the most part as I only have Jones who I got at 45 which helps mitigate the risk

21 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Williams had one total TD on the season, before Jones got hurt in Week 15.

Edited by Corleone
18 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Starts the season with Chicago at home as well. I am fading GB players for the most part as I only have Jones who I got at 45 which helps mitigate the risk

It's the kick-off game of the NFL's 100th season,get your popcorn ready,it's going to be entertaining.

49 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Who's vulturing TDs? Rodgers? Jones had the most rushing TDs last year by far. Jaamel Williams weighs about the same as Jones while being less talented. 

Edited by Slatykamora
1 minute ago, Slatykamora said:

Who's vulturing TDs? Rodgers? Jones had the most rushing TDs last year by far. Jaamel Williams weighs about the same as Jones while being less talented. 

It's going to be a time-share situation so yes, I can see Williams getting into the end zone more often.  Williams may be a plodder but he put up numbers when AJ was sitting the pine.  

(Taken from FantasyPros) This is generally my outlook on him: 

One player I find myself taking in the third round of a ton of mock fantasy football drafts is Aaron Jones. The 24-year-old is one of the most explosive backs in the league playing for what should one of the premier offenses — a combination that often results in a breakout season. The two obstacles that Jones faced in the past were health and Mike McCarthy. McCarthy is gone, and while injuries are a valid concern, he’s no more of a risk to miss games than Dalvin Cook, Melvin Gordon, or Leonard Fournette — all of whom are going ahead of him. Jones has scored in all but two of the 12 games where he has seen double-digit touches and totaled 85 yards and/or a touchdown in all but one of those contests. His averages during those 12 games: 95.2 yards and one touchdown. Multiplied out to a full season, he would have finished as the RB6 in 2018 … on just 16.3 touches a game.
– Elisha Twerski (@ElishaTwerski)

Shed some weight, going to be more involved in passing game, has Rodgers' trust. There's a ton of upside here. Keep Jones at 15-18 touches/game and Williams can have his 8-10. It's kind of silly to look at Fantasy Playoff schedules at this point in the year. So much can (and likely will) change between now and December. 

• Like 2

I have been torn between taking Jones and D. Will in the 3rd and now with the McCoy news I will be taking Jones in the 3rd of every draft if he is available.  I have not been worried about a timeshare with Jones or Williams until the McCoy signing.  The only thing that concerns me with Jones is injury.

41 minutes ago, chief79 said:

I have been torn between taking Jones and D. Will in the 3rd and now with the McCoy news I will be taking Jones in the 3rd of every draft if he is available.  I have not been worried about a timeshare with Jones or Williams until the McCoy signing.  The only thing that concerns me with Jones is injury.

This.   If he splits time, I think he’ll have a Kamaraish role.   Which is probably better considering the injury concern.  Which is also my main worry.

I don't see him in much of a timeshare... Rodgers lobbied for him last year and they haven't all the sudden added zeke or anyone else that's a threat... he's underrated for sure...Rodgers still runs the team new coach or not...

Took him beginning 4th round over D. Will.  It was those two and C. Carson whom I was eyeing in that pocket.  I was sold on AJ.  Not worried about Jamaal at all.

RB2 w Chubb RB1.  Let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

Edited by Cleanface
  • Like 3
32 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Wow just wow, never had a chance to get him.  He went 2.04 and 2.03 in both my 12-man ppr drafts.

The hype is strong in this one. 

Way too early for a guy who cannot stay on the field. He would be a bell cow if he could stay upright