NBC Sports Edge Forums

Should I accept this enticing offer? WHIR

HotSauce24

12 team standard 9 cat Yahoo H2H league.

Team:

AD

Lebron

Westbrook

Hardaway

Deandre Jordan

Whiteside

Lamb

WCS

Kyle Anderson

Favors

Sato

Oubre

Ross (streaming)
IL - Tristan Thompson, Elfrid Payton

Was offered D Mitchell and Sabonis for my Hardaway and DJ.

I am kinda torn on this but my goal is to buy low on Mitchell.  Should I counter Whiteside instead of DJ?  I'd prefer a 2v1 so I can shore up spots for my returning IL guys.  I went for punt FT.

The other team also has Drummond, Lauri, Gasol, and Kuzma of all the guys I'd be interested in.

Your advice is appreciated. Post link and I'll help.

you can try to switch DJ with Whiteside... but I think trade is fair and you are winning it, Sabonis is very solid, Mitchell has a killer fg% but since you are trading for him I guess you are fine with that

Hey sorry for the delay. In contrast to what others have said, i would definitely keep whiteside over DJ. You are punting ft%, Hassan is ranked 22 on the season when punting ft%. I agree about getting drummond, he is top 10 when punting ft%. I would try to do a 3for2 deal with DJ hardaway and Anderson/lamb (for example) for drummond and Mitchell. You could bring up the argument that Mitchell and hardaway are performing  equally (84 vs 93 respectively, so slight edge even to THJ) and DJ and drummond about the same in a non punt ft% team (56 vs 40 respectively), so lamb (nr 65) would be a Nice sweetener. 

Anyway this being said, if all this does not work and only the original offer stands then i would accept i think. Its close but i feel you have reb covered even without DJ (and by adding sabonis) and your fg% would not take a big hit by adding Mitchell since you trade away THJ, who is also terrible in fg%. Mitchell potential is too intruiging not to try and buy low right now, just temper expectations.

Btw i would look to trade THJ away in any case, you already have westbrook dragging your fg% down. You dont need a 2nd player doing that, otherwise all your elite fg% players would go to waste.

Hope this helps.

I'm okay with the trade but I'd lean towards keeping DJ over Whiteside. I like the idea of buying low on Mitchell, if you can reach and get Drummond in the mix, I'd definitely do that but not quite sure how I'd structure the trade that you'd get both Mitchell and Drummond without giving up too much of your own punt FT% pieces. I'm personally not that high on Hardaway, very inefficient on a bad team is usually a bad mix down the stretch run in fantasy.

3 minutes ago, gdog2244 said:

What if you tried THJ and WCS for just Mitchell so you can do a 2-1? Worth a shot.

Thanks but imo that's too much for Mitchell given THJ is ranked higher. Plus I want to keep WCS for his playoff schedule. 

What about the current trade? Would u accept it? 

2 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

Thanks but imo that's too much for Mitchell given THJ is ranked higher. Plus I want to keep WCS for his playoff schedule. 

What about the current trade? Would u accept it? 

I would take the trade yes, I like Sabonis although he doesn't get across the board production. Maybe THJ and TT for mitchell?

11 hours ago, HotSauce24 said:

I think that's too much for mitch and Drummond. 

Off topic but I have helped and posted in over 10 AC threads recently and only one person has helped me in return. :(

I'd do this just to get rid of the headache that is owning Hassan

On 12/29/2018 at 8:42 PM, HotSauce24 said:

12 team standard 9 cat Yahoo H2H league.

Team:

AD

Lebron

Westbrook

Hardaway

Deandre Jordan

Whiteside

Lamb

WCS

Kyle Anderson

Favors

Sato

Oubre

Ross (streaming)
IL - Tristan Thompson, Elfrid Payton

Was offered D Mitchell and Sabonis for my Hardaway and DJ.

I am kinda torn on this but my goal is to buy low on Mitchell.  Should I counter Whiteside instead of DJ?  I'd prefer a 2v1 so I can shore up spots for my returning IL guys.  I went for punt FT.

The other team also has Drummond, Lauri, Gasol, and Kuzma of all the guys I'd be interested in.

Your advice is appreciated. Post link and I'll help.

I wouldn't do the deal with Jordan involved,but if you can do Whiteside and Tim for Sabonis and DM I would make that deal.

Yes change whiteside for DJ if you can. That would be the much better deal for you. You could also switch DJ with Willy Caully Stein if need be. If you're trying to do a 2 for 1 for Mitch maybe throw in Favors+Hardaway for Mitch. Those are some options you can do.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/739249-who-to-pick-up-tj-mcconnell-derrick-jones-jr-dante-exum-or-bembry/

I'd also go with Whiteside and THJ for Mitchell and Sabonis. Sabonis is arguably the best value in the deal and Mitchell's efficiency and TO rate can't get worse so he should be better in the second half of the season. THJ shoots an even worse FG% than Mitchell if I'm not mistaken.

Archived