NBC Sports Edge Forums

George Springer 2019 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

His track record? he's a career .270 hitter and averages 33 homers and 11 steals a season (with a .360 OBP). Why is it crazy to think he can't match what he did in 2017 (.283 BA, 34 homers), or be

I hope it's Derek Fisher so all the Tucker and Yordan guys get all mad lol.

Against Sale? Take another day off George 

54 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Against Sale? Take another day off George 

Yeah, even (likely) going into his last start vs. Sale, he looked terrible at the plate in his 3 ABs. I own them both and am just happy Springer is back. Looks like it was just a short-term thing... probably was going on a bit before that game too.

I can't help but get a groundhog's day feeling due to the matchup.

Edited by nlm
  • Haha 1
On 5/13/2019 at 1:09 PM, Magoo said:

The mother of all sell high candidates with his track record.

All I have to say is, THANK YOU SO MUCH for this 👍🏼 

Edited by Sully
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, nlm said:

Back in the lineup

And then not.  He didn't even try and talk to the trainer and manager when he waved them over.  He just wanted off the field because he knew what had happened.  Bad luck.

Astros' manager A.J. Hinch said after Friday's game that George Springer (hamstring) is likely to be placed on the injured list.

Hinch also admitted that he wasn't looking forward to the diagnosis. Springer was lifted from Friday's game after appearing to injure his hamstring while trying to make a sliding catch in the outfield. That comes on the heels of missing the previous four games due to lower back tightness. Springer has been a monster at the plate this season, slashing a robust .308/.389/.643 with 17 homers, 43 RBI and four stolen bases.

Source: Brian McTaggart on Twitter                               May 24, 2019, 11:18 PM ET

• Haha 1

Worst part is it probably derails whole season.  Guy was having MVP season.  Now he’ll miss weeks, then come back and have timing off/be worthless for a stretch.  And everything else is a negative domino effect.  Sucks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Another soft tissue injury in HOU.

What are they not doing right from a Training / Medical staff perspective?

I'm not one to judge but you see some organizations with the same types of injuries across the major sports (i.e. Minnesota Vikings and torn pectoral muscles). 

I'm salty because I own both Altuve and Springer...lol. 

Astros' manager A.J. Hinch said Saturday that the team received good news on outfielder George Springer and that his injury was "not as dramatic" as they had feared.

Springer is dealing with a Grade 2 hamstring strain according to Astros' general manager Jeff Luhnow. He elaborated, nothing that Springer would be out for longer than just 10 days, but that the doctors were encouraged by their findings and observations. That's certainly encouraging news for fantasy owners who have been relying on Springer's elite five-category production this season.

May 25, 2019, 4:42 PM ET
  • 2 weeks later...

George Springer (hamstring) ran on-field sprints Tuesday.

Springer hollered to reporters after the workout that he was moving at about "90 percent" effort. He's expected to take live batting practice Wednesday and seems to be well ahead of schedule in his recovery from a Grade 2 hamstring strain, which is an injury can sometimes require two months of rest and rehab. Springer has only been out for 10 days at this point and looks to be trending toward a mid-June return.

For what it's worth, Pedro Strop returned from a Grade 2 in 4 weeks. Different positions and possibly different severities, but this is good news at the very least.

9 hours ago, KrispySteve423 said:

If we're lucky, but I'd think a rehab assignment is imminent. He looked good running on the field prior to yesterday's game.

Where are you guys hearing this? I heard he would have to be at 100% to begin a rehab assignment, and was hitting at 80%. Hitting evidently isn't an issue right now, though.
Just curious where you heard he could be back this week. I know he has been doing some running and also taking BP.