NBC Sports Edge Forums

Yoan Moncada 2019 Outlook

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wanted to quote myself first because I'm not sure what all I've said. To me, if there is (and there is) one player that I've physically changed a great deal on my rankings from March 1st to today

The book is out on him big-time.  I've watched multiple lefties come into the game, seemingly just for him, and they're throwing nothing but breaking balls down or outside.  I think Oliver Perez's seq

He's 23!  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, boomzdaddy said:

The haters have been proved wrong.  

My only complaint is that at the end of this season he'll lose 2B eligibility where I think he has much more value.  I love what he's doing though and he's still incredibly young so there's room for more growth. 

• Like 1
On 7/8/2019 at 12:28 PM, cizastro said:

My only complaint is that at the end of this season he'll lose 2B eligibility where I think he has much more value.  I love what he's doing though and he's still incredibly young so there's room for more growth. 

I wasn't aware of this which puts a damper in my potential keepers next year. Has he played any at 2B?

He’s quietly awesome with a 3.6 WAR as of July 13, which ranks 9th in the majors.  And he’s not far off from ranking #4 (Bregman 3.9).  Trout, Yelich, and Bellinger are the true league MVPs, but Yoan could end up being the top guy in the second tier at the end of the season.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think he's been playing in AAA since Wednesday.  Definitely played double header yesterday and hit a HR.  I'm guessing he's activated this week. Anyone got better info than I found online? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...