NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tyreek Hill 2019 Outlook

Easy top 14 pick even with the suspension. 4 games is nothing. I took bell 14th the year of his suspension and it was awesome. Granted hill doesn’t really have a handcuff like that, but no reason he should slip out of the top 20. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

he's back to life!!!!!!!!!!    

Is this Mecole’s Jamaican cousin?

What an absolutely garbage human. How can anybody say you need to wait to hear more evidence? I mean the guy got convicted of strangulating his pregnant girlfriend and repeatedly punching her in the s

Posted Images

Two things I'm confused about (feeling like we're about to get locked again)

First- If Hill has evidence that supports whatever story he's got that professes his innocence, how does that result in him still getting suspended?   I'm confused as to how he's found negligent in less of a way here, but still negligent.     

Second- also confused on the extension talks.   They can franchise him, its not as if they have to make a move or he walks.    Also, if they've got even half a brain, they extend him with very little signing bonus or non-voidable cash- we'll see.  

Or maybe there is more to the story than what has been made public? 

I mean honestly, its a professional sport now and its not up the fricken NFL to play judge and jury with players all the time. How many careers have we not seen sidelined over the endless hysteria around players personal lives. Guys like Josh Gordon or Justin Blackmon, who dont have criminal records, but dont see the field because they smoke weed. Or someone like Kareem Hunt who gets cut because of an altercation he was pulled into by some groupie whore.  If the accusations are true then Hill is a piece of crap, but if the cops are not pushing charges then there was no crime and its time to move on. 

So sick and tired of the endless moral high ground people take with these guys. Most of them are young, wealthy, roided out athletes playing a physical sport and they come from the kind of background that does not exactly produce even tempered people. Acting like any leniency towards a player (when the NFL are not always lenient) automatically means favoritism is even more absurd. 

The pearl clutching from fans needs to stop. Like a bunch of women looking for a celebrity fix every other day with some of you lot. 

The rest of us just want to watch football. If the courts are not going to convict them of a crime, then who the hell is the NFL or its fan base to convict them of one and mete out punishment? Who decides this crap?  

The sport stopped being about things like personal character the minute it went professional and teams were no longer representative of a city and its clubs. Its not a hobby anymore, its a job with mercenary players chasing massive contracts for private franchises. Ruthless teams who feel nothing for cutting players or coaches at first failure. Hell the teams move cities if the bid is right and there is more money to play elsewhere. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Two things I'm confused about (feeling like we're about to get locked again)

First- If Hill has evidence that supports whatever story he's got that professes his innocence, how does that result in him still getting suspended?   I'm confused as to how he's found negligent in less of a way here, but still negligent.     

Second- also confused on the extension talks.   They can franchise him, its not as if they have to make a move or he walks.    Also, if they've got even half a brain, they extend him with very little signing bonus or non-voidable cash- we'll see.  

Because even if he’s found not liable for abuse-  he’s on audio tape threatening his fiancé.   That’s a personal conduct policy no no.  But 4 games is more the precedent.

by extending hill before the ruckus has passed,  they’re undoubtedly thinking they get a bargain price.    Risky

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

4-6 games? 

The NFL is a disgrace. 

For fantasy purposes I’m going to consider taking Mahomes early. If his star WR blows his “second chance” by breaking his 3 year old son’s arm and threatening the boy’s mother after his first offense of choking and hitting her when she was pregnant isn’t enough for a season long suspension, then clearly the NFL has big plans for Mahomes and will bend over backwards to see him succeed.

All in on Mahomes.

Aww snap..conspiracy theories 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Because even if he’s found not liable for abuse-  he’s on audio tape threatening his fiancé.   That’s a personal conduct policy no no.  But 4 games is more the precedent.

by extending hill before the ruckus has passed,  they’re undoubtedly thinking they get a bargain price.    Risky

Eh, that still doesn’t make sense. Players are given only a 2 game suspension for driving drunk which I think is way worse than saying “You should be scared of me too b” 

7 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

That’s exactly what the Chiefs are thinking and it’s a savvy move on their part. 

The NFL has destroyed all their credibility when it comes to talking about precedent though. They suspended Ezekiel Elliot for, what was it 6 games?, after he was cleared by the police and the NFL’s own investigators who said they thought he was the victim or an extortion scheme. It also took the NFL a year and a half to apply that suspension. Adrian Peterson was suspended an entire season for his first infraction and he “only” hit one person, didn’t break any bones and, if I remember right, also was not criminally charged. It took the NFL two or three months to apply that suspension.

Which again makes me think the NFL has big plans for Mahomes. They seem to be working quickly and are giving Hill A LOT of the benefit of the doubt here. 

Its truly reprehensible but also I think informative in terms of what to expect in terms of the Chiefs offensive production.

• Like 1
Just now, bhawks489 said:

Eh, that still doesn’t make sense. Players are given only a 2 game suspension for driving drunk which I think is way worse than saying “You should be scared of me too b” 

Sense or not it’s the precedent.  Same way the courts decide on cases.  It’s not always consistent with common sense.   

You’ll have to take that up with the nfls “department of equitable punishment”

ie....goodells mood that day.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I struggle too with the threat being worthy of punitive action.   I'm not naive, I believe he absolutely meant physical harm, but its not like he said "I'm gonna slap you" or something.     Too vague a phrase.    

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

Aww snap..conspiracy theories 

Really? How so?

AP and Zeke were both suspended more games for less. 

Ray Rice never played again for one infraction. 

How else do you justify a 4-6 game suspension for what Hill after two domestic violence infractions one of which involves a three year old with a broken arm?

8 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Really? How so?

AP and Zeke were both suspended more games for less. 

Ray Rice never played again for one infraction. 

How else do you justify a 4-6 game suspension for what Hill after two domestic violence infractions one of which involves a three year old with a broken arm?

Because there’s no video FF.   And despite smoke pouring off of hill-  it’s not sticking.  That matters.   The mother and family is in on the ruse.   They have as much financially to gain as Tyreek.    If he goes down she goes back to work at the Sizzler.   They’re not stupid.   

I want to know what on those police reports, and I want to see the pics taken of the 3 year old little boy who was disciplined to the point of noticeable bruising, bleeding, and a broken arm.   Barring public outrage over these photos...he’s gonna skate.     

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Because there’s no video FF.   And despite smoke pouring off of hill-  it’s not sticking.  That matters.   The mother and family is in on the ruse.   They have as much financially to gain as Tyreek.    If he goes down she goes back to work at the Sizzler.   They’re not stupid.   

I want to know what on those police reports, and I want to see the pics taken of the 3 year old little boy who was disciplined to the point of noticeable bruising, bleeding, and a broken arm.   Barring public outrage over these photos...he’s gonna skate.     

Zeke got suspended for 6 games. 

For what?

Lets start with that before we even get into evidence and what family members say vs what happened etc

Edited by FreakFries
Just now, FreakFries said:

For what?

Exposing a random woman in public, domestic violence allegations, league conduct. I can't remember all the details.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

For what?

Lets start with that before we even get into evidence and what family members say vs what happened etc

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2017/11/19/16666714/ezekiel-elliott-nfl-suspension-cowboys-ex

basically that.    And the discipline process is still being adjusted.   It might never be consistent.   One important factor is the woman who was the victim pressed charges and went after Zeke.   No one with knowledge is willing to go after Hill.  

Once again we have no clue what info the NFL has or how they will respond to the public potential outcry if they go lightly on Tyreek. That's the main reason I suspect he will get a significant suspension of a minimum 6 games. Way back in the day Paul Hornung & Alex Karras got full year suspensions  without a legal guilty verdict. Recently the league did likewise to Zeke and a couple of others to protect their brand. Regardless of actual proof of guilt Hill will get a suspension for conduct unbecoming . The NFLPA gave "THE SHIELD" the power to do so. Ergo there's little recourse for Tyreek or the Union to overturn any ruling.

Interesting part will be how the Chiefs approach a future contract . Will Tyreek hold a grudge if he is innocent and the Chiefs didn't show public support or do Hill & Reid have a good enough relationship that Tyreek is thankful that the Chiefs gave him his opportunity when almost no one else was willing ? This is better than Keeping Up with the Kardashians reading the comments where some think they have definitive knowledge of the situation to support their own biases. Seems the masses love drama !

I prefer to wait until the details come public before professing innocence or guilt . Truth be told there is probably way more gray areas than black & white answers here. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

For what?

This is about reek not zeke

2 minutes ago, devaster said:

Exposing a random woman in public, domestic violence allegations, league conduct. I can't remember all the details.

Exactly. 

There is much more and far worse behavior with Hill and this is the second time.

21 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2017/11/19/16666714/ezekiel-elliott-nfl-suspension-cowboys-ex

basically that.    And the discipline process is still being adjusted.   It might never be consistent.   One important factor is the woman who was the victim pressed charges and went after Zeke.   No one with knowledge is willing to go after Hill.  

Yeah, but let’s think that through: if the victim is to terrified (to pick a word) to press charges then the punishment should be less? Even though the NFL doesn’t need a conviction or even charges to implement a 6-16 game suspension?

What sort of message do you think that sends?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Yeah, but let’s think that through: if the victim is to terrified (to pick a word) to press charges then the punishment should be less? Even though the NFL doesn’t need a conviction or even charges to implement a 6-16 game suspension?

You are talking like you know more details of the case which is bs. We all know the same amount of info lol

1 hour ago, Ryansm11 said:

Easy top 14 pick even with the suspension. 4 games is nothing. I took bell 14th the year of his suspension and it was awesome. Granted hill doesn’t really have a handcuff like that, but no reason he should slip out of the top 20. 

I get what you're saying, but I don't see him any earlier than the 3rd.  People are going to want to lock up at least two anchors on their teams before taking the plunge, (at least that's how I think).

bell at that time was a completely different player, like the best player in the league And at the rb spot.

ive been burned and benefitted from suspensions, if this one stays at 4 games with no appeal, I'm looking at taking him with on the 2/3 turn.  But I do need to lock up two studs with a 16 game potential first.

edelman was a steal last season.  One plus to suspended players missing time, is they are not going to get injured during that time and they come back fresh

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins
17 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

I hear ya man-  You could be proven correct ultimately.   The current narrative of 2-4 games would be wildly inconsistent with giving Zeke 6.    

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

You are talking like you know more details of the case which is bs. We all know the same amount of info lol

Pretty sure no one disputes these facts:

> Hill plead guilty to domestic assault against his now fiancée where he assaulted and choked her while she was pregnant 

> police were called to Hill’s home where they filed two reports a 1) battery and 2) child abuse.

> Hill’s son had bruises, welts and a broken arm

> The authorities felt strongly enough to take Hill’s son in to protective custody 

> there is audio recording of Hill threatening his son’s mother, the woman he assaulted and choked while she was pregnant, saying she should be “terrified” of him after she said she and his son were terrified of him.

But yeah, “who knows what happened?”

Pfff

Edited by FreakFries
  • Like 1
59 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

I don't have much to add, just wanted to chime in to congratulate Impreza178 for an excellent employment of the word "Sizzler."

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

> Hill plead guilty to domestic assault against his now fiancée where he assaulted and choked her while she was pregnant 

> police were called to Hill’s home where they filed two reports a 1) battery and 2) child abuse.

> The authorities felt strongly enough to take Hill’s son in to protective custody 

> there is audio recording of Hill threatening his son’s mother, the woman he assaulted and choked while she was pregnant, saying she should be “terrified” of him after she said she and his son were terrified of him.

Pfff

Good summary.  4 games minimum even if there is never anything else, I predict.

39 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Pfff

Guilty until proven innocent. Good man.

Lock this ish up again until the news comes out