NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tyreek Hill 2019 Outlook

Hopefully this game has shown the Chiefs that they can't cruise through their schedule while saving Tyreek for later.

Watkins gets lot of flak, but him and Tyreek can get open against virtually anybody with their advanced route running skills. All their other WRs are just very fast and can make plays, but only in complementary roles. When it comes beating starting caliber CBs one vs one, this offense needs Tyreek and Watkins on the field. Obviously with Tyreek being the much more explosive talent and clear #1 WR.

Mahomes took some of the blame and defended his injury-riddled OL, but also said that WRs must win one vs one matchups. This might be a signal to unleash Tyreek next week!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

he's back to life!!!!!!!!!!    

Is this Mecole’s Jamaican cousin?

What an absolutely garbage human. How can anybody say you need to wait to hear more evidence? I mean the guy got convicted of strangulating his pregnant girlfriend and repeatedly punching her in the s

Posted Images

just hope that Reek is 100% healthy and they don't rush him back just because of the outcome vs Colts.  If he's 100% healthy, then can't wait!!  I need this guy in the biggest way...

Edited by swetooth9
  • Like 1
Just now, swetooth9 said:

just hope that Reek is 100% healthy and they don't rush him back just because of the outcome vs Colts.  If he's 100% healthy, then can't wait!!  I need this guy in the biggest way...

i honestly believe he could've gone last night if he was desperately needed (like if they were down a couple WRs) ... i expect Full Metal 'Reek vs Howstin, and it's gonna be glorious. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, swetooth9 said:

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i honestly believe he could've gone last night if he was desperately needed (like if they were down a couple WRs) ... i expect Full Metal 'Reek vs Howstin, and it's gonna be glorious. 

Yep, I think him sitting yesterday was the "safe" play because of the nature of the injury. Should be more than ready this week. 🙏

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Yep, I think him sitting yesterday was the "safe" play because of the nature of the injury. Should be more than ready this week. 🙏

we golden up in here 👍

i'd be so much more wary of trotting him out there vs Howstin if he were returning from a lower extremity problem (hip, hammy, knee, calf, ankle, toe) - his explosiveness has not been compromised, and was on full display during pregame warmups as far back as two weeks ago. 

his wheels are clean- and fresh!

as far as him taking the hit that could aggravate the clavicle?  - old saying around the ring: "ya can't hit what ya can't catch" ... but, sure, it's a concern, yes - but the Chiefs miss him very much ... no "easing" in - full throttle from jump, and now our seasons really get under way 

🐆🐆🐆🐆🐆🐆🐆🐆🐆🐆🐆

• Like 1

I know I sound crazy. But I actually like the fact that they struggled on Sunday and lost. Sammy Watkins is also hurt I believe. Add to the fact that Tyreek is itching to go. If he plays. I have a feeling he's wants to remind everyone why he's the WR1. And the Chiefs will want to make up for that loss.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

Reid is very conservative with injured players because he can afford to be. Tyreek will be fully ready to go. Just traded for him to stack with KElce (if one doesn't go off, it means the other one did). 

Um.. do you not remember his 13 years with the Eagles..?

29 minutes ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

Reid is very conservative with injured players because he can afford to be. Tyreek will be fully ready to go. Just traded for him to stack with KElce (if one doesn't go off, it means the other one did). 

I dunno, Mahomes looked like he was playing on one leg out there

4 minutes ago, Novaray said:

I dunno, Mahomes looked like he was playing on one leg out there

Mahomes has to pull himself out if he can’t go.   Wr recovering from a collar bone displacement that required hospitalization is quite different 

1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

Mahomes has to pull himself out if he can’t go.   Wr recovering from a collar bone displacement that required hospitalization is quite different 

yeah it was tough to watch that, seeing the pain he was in but the competitor in him

• Like 1
2 hours ago, smash10033 said:

3-2 getting this guy back!   I cannot be anymore pumped.

Same here. Traded Keenan Allen for him after he went off for 40 points. CMC and Reek in tandem gonna be crazy for me for the ROS.

2 hours ago, CluelessJoeJackson said:

I'm 0-5... too little, too late? 

Let's assume a 12-team league with 6 playoffs spots and playoffs beginning week 14. Probably need to go 8-7 overall to get in. Based on your remaining schedule, do you think Hill will give you a good enough team to go 8-2 down the stretch? I'm thinking probably not, but you never know. Maybe you just had bad luck in the first few weeks and have a better team than your record shows.

42 minutes ago, itschief33 said:

Anyone here familiar w espn leagues? Wanted to take reek off IR and slot him in for intimidation purposes but ESPN won’t let me move him out.

Ya gotta drop someone first chief. 

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, itschief33 said:

Anyone here familiar w espn leagues? Wanted to take reek off IR and slot him in for intimidation purposes but ESPN won’t let me move him out.

Use the Manage IR button

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Idoolittle said:

Let's assume a 12-team league with 6 playoffs spots and playoffs beginning week 14. Probably need to go 8-7 overall to get in. Based on your remaining schedule, do you think Hill will give you a good enough team to go 8-2 down the stretch? I'm thinking probably not, but you never know. Maybe you just had bad luck in the first few weeks and have a better team than your record shows.

You have 2 extra weeks in here.

Usually, 7-6 with high point total will get you in.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, CluelessJoeJackson said:

I'm 0-5... too little, too late? 

I made it to the playoffs one year starting 0-6. You still gotta continue to fight man. Tyreek gives your team a nice boost. So I hope you can turn it around.

• Like 1