NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tyreek Hill 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, FollowTheLeader said:

RE: "losing Hill will hurt Mahomes, quite badly"

Donovan McNabb (Andy Reid) seemed to do just fine at times with very subpar WRs (subpar outside of one year with TO and DJax running his 9 routes.) I'd wager Kelce offers better "scheme" options on offense than DJax being told to run a fly.

No one's saying Mahomes will suck now. It obviously hurts to some degree.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

he's back to life!!!!!!!!!!    

Is this Mecole’s Jamaican cousin?

What an absolutely garbage human. How can anybody say you need to wait to hear more evidence? I mean the guy got convicted of strangulating his pregnant girlfriend and repeatedly punching her in the s

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

No one's saying Mahomes will suck now. It obviously hurts to some degree.

Umm, you literally responded to the guy who posted/stated, "losing Hill will hurt...Mahomes, quite badly," on the previous page :ph34r: *which is why I used the abbreviation RE: (regarding) and placed the statement in quotes, to cite said sucky value statement, while offering some counter points :shrug:

Edited by FollowTheLeader

Hill is an extremely dynamic playmaker with top-end speed and a nose for the end zone.  He demanded major defensive focus from opponents and scored scheme busting, open field touchdowns from way out, many times.  A receiver like that makes everyone around him better, since the other receivers, TEs, and RBs are likely to be single covered or even wide open.

The KC offense, without Hill, may still be very good.  But no other player on the Chiefs roster can break open a game the way Tyreek Hill can.

I hope he avoids suspension because he didn't do anything wrong.  But if he misses time, all Chief offensive components will suffer.

And get out of here with that Donovon McNabb/FredX/Todd Pinkston crap.  McNabb never got within a mile of 50 TD passes in a season.  

1 hour ago, FollowTheLeader said:

Umm, you literally responded to the guy who posted/stated, "losing Hill will hurt...Mahomes, quite badly," on the previous page :ph34r: *which is why I used the abbreviation RE: (regarding) and placed the statement in quotes, to cite said sucky value statement, while offering some counter points :shrug:

You are arguing semantics. I'm out.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

And get out of here with that Donovon McNabb/FredX/Todd Pinkston crap.  McNabb never got within a mile of 50 TD passes in a season.  

Agreed buiIn McNabb's defense he played his prime in an era where its wasnt that easy to put up huge passing numbers.

3 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I hope he avoids suspension because he didn't do anything wrong.  But if he misses time, all Chief offensive components will suffer.

I'm betting you are not related to, or friends, with Hill, so I will also wager that you know nothing about what happened to his son.

I will however bet that you are just another fan boy that would rather look the other way when it comes to multiple police calls about child neglect/abuse, one resulting in his son breaking his arm.

3 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Hill is an extremely dynamic playmaker with top-end speed and a nose for the end zone.  He demanded major defensive focus from opponents and scored scheme busting, open field touchdowns from way out, many times.  A receiver like that makes everyone around him better, since the other receivers, TEs, and RBs are likely to be single covered or even wide open.

The KC offense, without Hill, may still be very good.  But no other player on the Chiefs roster can break open a game the way Tyreek Hill can.

How do you know he didn’t do anything wrong?  Is there a report stating this somewhere?

4 minutes ago, FISH20 said:

I'm betting you are not related to, or friends, with Hill, so I will also wager that you know nothing about what happened to his son.

I will however bet that you are just another fan boy that would rather look the other way when it comes to multiple police calls about child neglect/abuse, one resulting in his son breaking his arm.

Wait, so Hill was at fault? I haven't seen anything yet

11 minutes ago, FISH20 said:

Just to add some perspective,  abuse/neglect does not have to be intentional as in one of the parents intentionally broke the childs arm it could have been a legitimate accident where the parents didnt monitor the child properly and child welfare has to determine if the environment is safe for that child and in a high profile case such as this I would guess they will always err on the side of caution. 

Child welfare is not responsible for investigating a crime they are responsible for the safety of a child in their environment. So with regards to criminal investigation that is for the police and DA to determine, which is probably what the NFL is focused on because that will eventually become public information. The results of child welfare investigations are usually not made public. 

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, FISH20 said:

Maybe I wasn't clear.  If Hill intentionally hurt his son, I hope he goes to prison.  If he left his son alone and the kid hurt himself, I hope Hill goes to jail.  If the child was injured in a manner that was not at all Hill's fault, I hope Hill is cleared and can play this year.  

• Haha 1

Idk if hill is a bad person or not but the ruben foster case a couple years ago makes me a skeptic of alot of these domestic violence cases now. Maybe hill is innocent and his wife/gf is just trying to get child support for a decade.. idk.. It's a mess let's try not to damn a guy to hell before we know the whole story. 

47 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Maybe I wasn't clear.  If Hill intentionally hurt his son, I hope he goes to prison.  If he left his son alone and the kid hurt himself, I hope Hill goes to jail.  If the child was injured in a manner that was not at all Hill's fault, I hope Hill is cleared and can play this year.  

usually you can  figure out the severity of his situation by the legal team he has hired to represent and counsel him  I am surprised no beat reporter has been stationed outside the courtroom to see who is representing Tyreek.

here is an excellent read about how the child welfare proceedings work in his case.

Bottom line is the public will probably never know what the real story is and neither will the NFL with regards to his son unless there are criminal charges filed; only the eventual outcome will be known of the child being back in the parents care or not. 

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2019/04/19/tyreek-hill-legal-situation-lawyer-perspective/

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

usually you can  figure out the severity of his situation by the legal team he has hired to represent and counsel him  I am surprised no beat reporter has been stationed outside the courtroom to see who is representing Tyreek.

here is an excellent read about how the child welfare proceedings work in his case.

Bottom line is the public will probably never know what the real story is and neither will the NFL with regards to his son unless there are criminal charges filed; only the eventual outcome will be known of the child being back in the parents care or not. 

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2019/04/19/tyreek-hill-legal-situation-lawyer-perspective/

Will be interesting to see how the NFL handles this if there are no charges filed. They like to set precedents for suspensions.

3 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

Wait, so Hill was at fault? I haven't seen anything yet

Who knows, that's what the investigation is for. My response was to, "I hope he avoids suspension because he didn't do anything wrong"

• Like 1
12 hours ago, dashoe said:

Just to add some perspective,  abuse/neglect does not have to be intentional as in one of the parents intentionally broke the childs arm it could have been a legitimate accident where the parents didnt monitor the child properly and child welfare has to determine if the environment is safe for that child and in a high profile case such as this I would guess they will always err on the side of caution.

My guess is that CW did not remove the child from the house because there were rats, drugs, garbage, loaded weapons, no food etc in the house.

The caution they are taking reeks of an environment of abuse.

16 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

You are arguing semantics. I'm out.

Not sure you understand I wasn’t the one stating “losing Hill will hurt Mahomes, and quite badly.” Myself and two other posters, in succession, offered retorts vs said quoted statement, with a continuing counter point vs said “quite badly” statement of, Andy Reid. I hadn’t offered up any negative value result (hurt quite badly/suck), regarding the loss of Hill  

So, I was confused you chose to quote me to announce I was wrong about losing Hill causing Mahomes to suck, or be hurt “quite badly,” when I never said anything along those lines, but instead, had simply countered said “quite badly/sucky” value statement with, “but Andy Reid” 🤷‍♂️

Edited by FollowTheLeader

With Hill, Mahomes and the KC offense had one of the all time great seasons in 2018.  Without him, they will likely be very good.  To me, that is being hurt quite badly.  Will Mahomes become Kyle Boller?  No.  But the idea that Reid can simply plug Sammy Watkins in and proceed as before seems ludicrous.

Obviously it hurts Mahomes if he loses Hill. The only debte is how much.

Imo, it removes him from his own tier ar the top and puts him in tier one. Tyreek Hill is arguably what propelled Mahomes into that tier of his own above the rest. The ability to massively boost his stats on just one or two throws in a game. One throw to Hill could change 350/3 to 430/4 in the blink of an eye, or 430/3 to 500/4. Take Hill away and Mahomes suddenly has to work a lot harder for those big games, and obviously those are what set him apart. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

With Hill, Mahomes and the KC offense had one of the all time great seasons in 2018.  Without him, they will likely be very good.  To me, that is being hurt quite badly.  Will Mahomes become Kyle Boller?  No.  But the idea that Reid can simply plug Sammy Watkins in and proceed as before seems ludicrous.

No Hill no problem, it's all in the play calling menu 🤣

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, elroypedro said:

this Tyreek dude is a super villain

With super speed

Kids need to learn young that they have to EARN IT! 🤪

. Did you notice how quickly tyreek moved down the field and not running in full form?

Edited by dashoe
2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

With super speed

Kids need to learn young that they have to EARN IT! 🤪

. Did you notice how quickly tyreek moved down the field and not running in full form?

Elite speed for sure.

But there’s also this detail: Tyreek wasnt even supposed to be on the field for that play, he was a “coach” that ran from the sideline to chase down and ruin the dreams of that poor autistic boy.

Dude probably kills cats for fun in his spare time

12 hours ago, elroypedro said:

Elite speed for sure.

But there’s also this detail: Tyreek wasnt even supposed to be on the field for that play, he was a “coach” that ran from the sideline to chase down and ruin the dreams of that poor autistic boy.

Dude probably kills cats for fun in his spare time

This post doesnt make sense.

1. his son has autism and had a "meltdown" from being tackled yet he recovered from his "meltdown"  to sccre a td ON THE NEXT PLAY? That must be the fastest recovery of an autism meltdown in the history of meltdowns  👀

2.   HE CLAIMS HIS WIFE WORKS FOR THE NFL and he his posting this on social media?

Why would you jepaordize your wifes employment and mention what her BOSS did on social media ?

The league is investigating a domestic issue with tyreek and then you post this vid months after your kid was tackled which has nothing to do with that investigation but causes unnecessary bad public relations because you call out the chiefs for not cutting him?

I will reiterate. . you were at an NFL event and  YOUR WIFE  WORKS FOR THE NFL DUDE WHY ARE YOU POSTING THIS ON SOCIAL MEDIA? 👁️

Credibility conundrum🤔

Sorry but this dad is heavily overemphasizing and going on  and on about his high on the spectrum autistic kid and meltdowns on his twitter feed AFTER he makes the tyreek post. Before that he is  cult like  Dallas fanboy but no mentions of his kid having autism I'm beginning to think it's the father who has meltdowns. . not the kid.😱

Hill gave that kid a life lesson by tackling him . .no one is going to just give you anything and you have to EARN IT🤪

Edited by dashoe
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

This post doesnt make sense.

1. his son has autism and had a "meltdown" from being tackled yet he recovered from his "meltdown"  to sccre a td ON THE NEXT PLAY? That must be the fastest recovery of an autism meltdown in the history of meltdowns  👀

2.   HE CLAIMS HIS WIFE WORKS FOR THE NFL and he his posting this on social media?

Why would you jepaordize your wifes employment and mention what her BOSS did on social media ?

I will reiterate. . you were at an NFL event and  YOUR WIFE  WORKS FOR THE NFL DUDE WHY ARE YOU POSTING THIS ON SOCIAL MEDIA? 👁️

Credibility conundrum🤔

Sorry but this dad is heavily overemphasizing and going on  and on about his high on the spectrum autistic kid and meltdowns on his twitter feed AFTER he makes the tyreek post. Before that he is  cult like  Dallas fanboy but no mentions of his kid having autism I'm beginning to think it's the father who has meltdowns. . not the kid.😱

Hill gave that kid a life lesson by tackling him . .no one is going to just give you anything and you have to EARN IT🤪

I was mostly kidding but pretty sure you have borderline personality disorder or something if that is how you read that situation.