NBC Sports Edge Forums

Saquon Barkley 2019 Outlook

3 minutes ago, TheBoondocks said:

is he though? 

honestly you can't tell me after one season that he's the best RB in the league. Let's not disrespect the other top guys who have been doing it for seasons.

Watch him play. He is certainly the most naturally talented.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

confirmed - spotted coming down Broadway last night ....

These are always the best posts.  I got a high ankle sprain at the YMCA and the recovery time was totally comparable to what Saquan Barkley will be going through.

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

This is so dumb. How is this Eli fault? Seems like coaches are trying to cover their a**. The Giants started Fowler, Latimer and TJ friggin Jones at WR. How about letting Eli at least have the chance to play with Tate, Shep, Engram and Barkley. Oh, and how about the Giants fix their awful defense. Their secondary is getting burned and the defensive line has no pass rush. Don't even think about a turnover from this defense. They are getting zero on special teams but yet, changing the QB is the answer? I can't count the number of times, the Giants have started within their own 20.

As a Giants fan, why would I want our future QB exposed to this atrocity right now?

I tend to agree, but Eli has been bad for years and Eli supporters keep coming up with excuses for him. No weapons, No oline, No defense. It's always something with Eli. 

With that said, sticking Jones into this situation seems less than ideal. I think Shurmur is panicking. The guy had a 9-23 record in Cleveland. He was 5-11 last year. And now has a career 14-39 record as a HC. 

Losing with a rookie looks WAY better than losing with a vet.  

• Like 1

Sad day for the two-time SB champ and HOF QB. However he should have walked away on his own. This is excellent news for Saquon owners and frankly anybody with shares of the Giants offense. It couldn’t get any worse, that’s for sure. 

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 2
11 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Does this help Barkley more?

I would think, certainly. Jones is a sneaky athlete and might be able to buy extra time to find Barkley in the passing game-in fact I'd bet he leans on him given the other 'weapons'

19 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Does this help Barkley more?

Unless Daniel Jones is an iron man and can play defense as well as special teams, it remains to be seen.

The Giants are actually 8th in yards per drive this season, however they are just 31st in average starting field position because their defense is downright awful and their undisciplined special teamers keep running kicks out of the endzone barely getting to the 15 lol. 

Future HOF'er Eli nor Jones can fix that.

Edited by nonstopfan
21 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

Don't want to get too off topic here. No, I don't think Eli should be in Canton. Will he? Not sure. 

Of course he is. 

Absolute Iron man of the sport.

Never missed a start. Watching previous and current injuries to guys like Big Ben, Brees and the recent retirement of Luck only put an even bigger emphasis on what it takes to achieve something like this.

2 time Super Bowl Champ.

2 time Super Bowl MVP, 

4 time Pro Bowler,

NFL Man of the Year - The consummate professional

Absolutely clutch playoff performer involved in 2 of the greatest plays EVER in the sport and in arguably the greatest SB upset of all time defeating the previously undefeated NEP. How many teams went undefeated in the history of the NFL?

7th all time is passing yards ahead of Rivers, Elway, Bledsoe, Montana

6th all time in pass completions ahead of Warren Moon, Elway, Big Ben and Rivers

8th all time in passing TD's ahead of Tarkenton, Unitas, Elway

11 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

🤣

32 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

lol

Why not? or are we going to just keep it simple with lol and 🤣

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, nonstopfan said:

Of course he is. 

Absolute Iron man of the sport.

Never missed a start. Watching previous and current injuries to guys like Big Ben, Brees and the recent retirement of Luck only put an even bigger emphasis on what it takes to achieve something like this.

2 time Super Bowl Champ.

2 time Super Bowl MVP, 

4 time Pro Bowler,

7th all time is passing yards ahead of Rivers, Elway, Bledsoe, Montana

6th all time in pass completions ahead of Warren Moon, Elway, Big Ben and Rivers

8th all time in passing TD's ahead of Tarkenton, Unitas, Elway

Why not? or are we going to just keep it simple with lol and 🤣

Feel free to DM me for a convo, I'd love to explain why he isn't. It isn't news to anyone.

The Giants after all of this will have paid Eli 20 million dollars for two starts. I thought this approach was terrible before the season and it looks even worse now. You stick with Eli and get a player that can help immediately at 6 or you draft your quarterback and move on from Eli. They did neither and chose to half a** it. They’re lost as an organization right now. As for Barkley, Jones moves well. He should be able to buy more time than Eli can at 38 and the volume in carries should increase. He should have been getting more carries in the previous two games regardless.

• Like 1

LMAOO AT THE “ELI ISNT GETTING BENCHED ITS THE D’S FAULT”

I’m a giants fan and I will always love Eli for what he’s done for this organization. But the fact of the matter is, he stinks now. I don’t want to hear about WR’s and weapons. He had OBJ, Shep, Engram, and Barkley last season. What did they do then? I don’t care if the line stunk then. It’s good now. He doesn’t elevate his team anymore. He needs absolutely perfect situations to be even decent. He doesn’t throw the ball past the sticks. Like ever. There was absolutely no point in continuing to play him, letting his career record drop below .500, and turning into more of an embarrassment. Let the kid play. Open up the offense. Take some shots. This immeasurably helps Saquon. 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

Eli is so good he just got benched

Hold this L

Cam also just got benched. Only, his team had to make up a fake injury just to save face and excuse his horrific play. But make no mistake, Cam is definitely healthy, he's just being benched for being completely ineffective.

• Haha 3
On 9/16/2019 at 3:24 PM, lsdm6 said:

Eli haters are mentally challenged.

32nd ranked Defense in football + 32nd ranked WR corps in football = QB's fault!

The level of stupidity has reached new heights. These people don't have a clue about football.

Clearly you hadn't been watching him miss a handful of easy practice-level throws in each of his first two games this season. 

Edited by P@ckersFan
On 9/17/2019 at 11:12 AM, Marty Funkhouser said:

The Giants after all of this will have paid Eli 20 million dollars for two starts. I thought this approach was terrible before the season and it looks even worse now. You stick with Eli and get a player that can help immediately at 6 or you draft your quarterback and move on from Eli. They did neither and chose to half a** it. They’re lost as an organization right now. As for Barkley, Jones moves well. He should be able to buy more time than Eli can at 38 and the volume in carries should increase. He should have been getting more carries in the previous two games regardless.

They have one of the worst rosters in football and their highest paid player and highest drafted pick in like 30 years are both below average at their position and can't be on the field at the same time anyway. And on top of that even if G-Men fans love Daniel Jones it has to be a tough pill to swallow to know that they could have gotten him at 17. 

I realize the Giants-bashing is egregious at this point, but to look at the destruction wreaked on this franchise by coaching and management over the last 3 years is downright sad. They're looking at 2 years before they have a chance to be competitive and that's if they hit on Jones. By that time Saquon is going to be deserving of a contract that blows the lid off any RB contract in history. 

The Giants fans on this board are the most cult-like group. Most sports fans big enough to participate in a fantasy football forum are realistic enough to know when their team stinks. I'm the most critical Packers fan you'll ever find to the degree that you'd think I was a Viking fan or something the last few years. But Giants fans on here are unwilling to have their Sundays eating grandma's gravy ruined by the idea that the Giants are ever more than 1 week away from greatness. 

Edited by P@ckersFan
  • Like 1
On 9/17/2019 at 5:56 PM, lsdm6 said:

Cam also just got benched. Only, his team had to make up a fake injury just to save face and excuse his horrific play. But make no mistake, Cam is definitely healthy, he's just being benched for being completely ineffective.

Jeeze a real conspiracy theorist huh. Ya think that we havent been to the moon either?

• Haha 1