NBC Sports Edge Forums

Saquon Barkley 2019 Outlook

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

confirmed - spotted coming down Broadway last night ....

These are always the best posts.  I got a high ankle sprain at the YMCA and the recovery time was totally comparable to what Saquan Barkley will be going through.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, atrium said:

4-6 weeks is enough to tank your fantasy season before he even comes back. Hope some of us hit on some waiver wire gold...

If your team can't even make the playoffs without Barkley you have no chance to win it all anyway. 

• Haha 6

At a 6 week injury This has him missing games 4/5/6/7/8/9. Week 11 is their bye. 

I don’t imagine they’d bring him back week 10 if the bye gives them even more time to get him right. They can not afford to rush him back and re-injure him. This could become a chronic issue fast, especially with his style. 

Week 12? Yikes. Here’s hoping this was just them being overly cautious with their prized possession.  

Edited by RevisAteMyQB
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

A championship level team would still be good without Barkley. That's all I'm saying. If you don't even have one strong bench player to replace him for a few weeks your team is trash. Injuries happen.. 

A championship caliber team can be made or broken by a #1 overall pick. If you’re trying to deny this, then sorry you’re just being delusional. Usually the best waiver wire pickup of the year won’t produce as much as a Barkley does. There’s simply no replacing his production, no matter how much depth you have. Pretending otherwise is being delusional.

im not saying that we’re all screwed and there’s no chance, but let’s try to be realistic here. It’s a tough obstacle to overcome.

i just lost him in my 18 team league, some leagues the replacement production simply isn’t there. Period.

Edited by atrium
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
1 minute ago, atrium said:

A championship caliber team can be made or broken by a #1 overall pick. If you’re trying to deny this, then sorry you’re just being delusional. Usually the best waiver wire pickup of the year won’t produce as much as a Barkley does. There’s simply no replacing his production, no matter how much depth you have. Pretending otherwise is being delusional.

im not saying that we’re all screwed and there’s no chance, but let’s try to be realistic here. It’s a tough obstacle to overcome.

i just lost him in my 18 team league, some leagues the replacement production simply isn’t there.

Good response to a stupid post.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, atrium said:

i just lost him in my 18 team league, some leagues the replacement production simply isn’t there.

Of course you can't replace his production, but if you drafted well you should be able to tread water till he returns. Now if he were to miss the entire season then all saquan owners would be screwed. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Kaii23 said:

Mad because yuu can't draft and have no replacement for one player for a few weeks. Sounds like a you problem. 

He’s the first overall pick in most cases. 

The only problem here is your self aggrandizing arrogant a**.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, Guwop said:

Yea you can have depth but losing a bellcow rb hurts because you're using that depth in your rb1 spot instead of flexing. You can overcome but losing saquon for 6-7 weeks is not ideal anywhere

I guess I've been so busy stocking my bench with waiver wire gems that I'm not really sweating this. I forget that not everyone does this. Ignore me. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Mad because yuu can't draft and have no replacement for one player for a few weeks. Sounds like a you problem. 

Dude we’re talking about a cat who you expect to have a floor of 15 points in standard scoring!! Enough, fact is Barkley owners now have the pressure of having to land the top waiver of the year, in the next several weeks. 

2 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

Of course you can't replace his production, but if you drafted well you should be able to tread water till he returns. Now if he were to miss the entire season then all saquan owners would be screwed. 

Try to imagine drafting a fantasy team but not getting a first round pick, and then getting a super late (last?) second round pick.

Treading water is easier said than done when every other manager has a first round pick, unless you play with a bunch of tacos and you were able to absolutely dominate your draft or something.

In a competitive league the margin for error is razor thin, and sometimes an injury is too much to overcome unless you get lucky

2 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

I guess I've been so busy stocking my bench with waiver wire gems that I'm not really sweating this. I forget that not everyone does this. Ignore me. 

Well super fantasy football genuis please show us your bench full of RB1 studs that make saquon replaceable. And tell us how you did it in that 16 or 18 teamer full of sharps that you play in

I'll wait 

Edited by Guwop
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

And which waiver gems do you expect to even come close to replacing his production? Go ahead and name some names, we’re all curious...

• Like 1