NBC Sports Edge Forums

Saquon Barkley 2019 Outlook

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

confirmed - spotted coming down Broadway last night ....

These are always the best posts.  I got a high ankle sprain at the YMCA and the recovery time was totally comparable to what Saquan Barkley will be going through.

Posted Images

5 hours ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

I can't recall a RB but I remember owning Roddy White (WR-ATL) who dealt with a high ankle sprain for at least 8 weeks. But he would play every week and just be a decoy. Man that was frustrating week to week. 

Haha. Rememner that? That thread would go back and forth on which week Roddy would finally break out...... Never really happened. These sprains can be real tricky

High ankle sprain is minimum 6-8 weeks. Playing organized basketball since 14 i've seen these things numerous times at practices and games. Happened to me few times. I was out 4 months. They take forever to heal, especially if the player keeps insisting to play on it it will never heal properly and run a risk of re-injuring it. They wont be the same player until a full proper recovery season off. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, dannyz6969 said:

High ankle sprain is minimum 6-8 weeks. Playing organized basketball since 14 i've seen these things numerous times at practices and games. Happened to me few times. I was out 4 months. They take forever to heal, especially if the player keeps insisting to play on it it will never heal properly and run a risk of re-injuring it. They wont be the same player until a full proper recovery season off. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

I was reading he had a high ankle sprain in college (same injury) and he came back in two weeks.  See below:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nj.com/giants/2019/09/giants-saquon-barkley-suffered-a-high-ankle-sprain-at-penn-state-heres-how-much-time-he-missed-then.html%3foutputType=amp

I’m guessing it will be 4 weeks.  Wouldn’t be surprised if it was longer but that post above gives me some hope.  

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

These are always the best posts.  I got a high ankle sprain at the YMCA and the recovery time was totally comparable to what Saquan Barkley will be going through.

I can see you suffer from lack of reading. I said I needed (and my teammates) 16 weeks proper recovery, I am predicting  6-8 weeks for pro athletes. But hey look at Roddy white. Took him a whole year of recovery since he insisted playing on it. 

Edited by dannyz6969
8 minutes ago, Broncos132 said:

Hopefully he doesnt force his way back too soon

this. 

it's one thing to have a season altering injury, quite another to have a career altering one ... and by that i mean rushing back and doing severe structual damage ... for a kid with such powerful wheels that would be catastrophic.

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, dannyz6969 said:

I can see you suffer from lack of reading. I said I needed (and my teammates) 16 weeks proper recovery, I am predicting  6-8 weeks for pro athletes. But hey look at Roddy white. Took him a whole year of recovery since he insisted playing on it. 

Supposedly Barkley said this is the same injury he dealt with in college that had him miss 2 games. Is it worse or not as bad? Guess we will find out. Missing 4 weeks wont be so bad, any longer and most likely he will be out until after the BYE week and by then, its prob too far gone. Only time will tell. Either way, oh well. lol

5 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

He suffered a high ankle sprain in college and only missed 2 weeks. I'm hoping for 3-4 weeks this time. 

I saw a similar statement from NJ.com noting that he suffered a high ankle sprain at Penn State. I don't know where they got that from to be honest. I'm a PSU fan, and I remember him injuring his ankle, but I don't remember it being a high ankle sprain. And looking back through old articles about the injury and none of them mention it being a high ankle sprain. 

College teams are pretty coy with injuries so it's certainly possibly he was dealing with a high ankle issue and that is what Saquon told the reporter, but I am not buying it. This injury looked completely different than the one he suffered at Penn State. 

I had a few ankle injuries playing soccer and was out 2-3 weeks, but they weren’t high ankle sprains. I think it probably would have been 3 months if it was high ankle.

But since Saquon is a pro athlete, based on my experience I expect he will be out exactly 4 weeks.

You can take that to the bank.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

5 minutes ago, cs3 said:

Nobody cares about the ankle owie you had when you were 11 years old

21 minutes ago, Grumption said:

The obvious, has been stated....

I guess my YMCA experiances were close enough

7 minutes ago, gufomel said:

I had a few ankle injuries playing soccer and was out 2-3 weeks, but they weren’t high ankle sprains. I think it probably would have been 3 months if it was high ankle.

But since Saquon is a pro athlete, based on my experience I expect he will be out exactly 4 weeks.

You can take that to the bank.

Four would be really ideal! 

f--- now we have to listen to "athletes" that played at their local YMCA comparing their body to that of arguably the most physically gifted NFL athlete since Bo Jackson. This thread is a s--- show and Monday has just started.