NBC Sports Edge Forums

Saquon Barkley 2019 Outlook

48 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

He suffered a high ankle sprain in college and only missed 2 weeks. I'm hoping for 3-4 weeks this time. 

1 hour ago, dlionsfan901 said:

I was reading he had a high ankle sprain in college (same injury) and he came back in two weeks.  See below:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nj.com/giants/2019/09/giants-saquon-barkley-suffered-a-high-ankle-sprain-at-penn-state-heres-how-much-time-he-missed-then.html%3foutputType=amp

I’m guessing it will be 4 weeks.  Wouldn’t be surprised if it was longer but that post above gives me some hope.  

Everyone keeps referencing this NJ.com article but there is no other mention from his time at Penn State that his injury was a high ankle sprain. It was just labeled an "Ankle sprain." 

Nor do we know the severity. With the way Barkley runs, the fact that the defense is a train-wreck, I doubt the Giants rush him back before he is 100pct. I think 4 weeks would be the absolute best case scenario. 

Edited by wideopen21
  • Like 1
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

confirmed - spotted coming down Broadway last night ....

These are always the best posts.  I got a high ankle sprain at the YMCA and the recovery time was totally comparable to what Saquan Barkley will be going through.

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, dannyz6969 said:

I guess my YMCA experiances were close enough

FWIW,I wouldn't trust anything Rapaport reports,he also said Ronald Jones II was going to carry the load in week 2 and he ended up with 9 yards.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Everyone keeps referencing this NJ.com article but there is no other mention from his time at Penn State that his injury was a high ankle sprain. It was just labeled an "Ankle sprain." 

If a player missed only 2 games, it wasn’t a high ankle sprain. 6-8 weeks is the norm for high ankle sprains. It will be a minimum of 3 games missed. Keep in mind the pressure a running back puts on his ankles every play, ankle sprains are easily aggravated if not fully healed, and the Giants are in rebuilding mode. Would you rush Barkley back If it was your team?

In honor of the Roto-doctors everywhere...

Whatever the prognosis, he will fight to be back on the aggressive end of whatever time-frame is officially given. “I’m not out for the season,” Barkley said, via NJ Advance Media. “I’m going to do whatever I can to get back as quickly as possible. Not for myself, but for my team. That’s what I continue to think about. I caught myself getting a little upset on the sideline just because I wasn’t able to be out there with those guys.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

Dang... High Ankle Sprain... Out 6-8 Weeks... 

YIKES!!!!!

It's all good. Unlike you bums I picked up CJ Prosise who is going to slide in and start stealing carries from Carson. I'm all good maybe if everyone here didn't suck at fantasy and knew how to manage they wouldn't care one bit about this news.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7
5 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

4-8 weeks according to Rap. Looking more like the 8. 

Not good for a team that will likely be eliminated from contention by then. 

They could be floating around .500 at their bye.  Winnable games:  WAS, MIN, ARI, @DET, "@"NYJ.   Their defense is crap, but if Daniel Jones plays like he did this week, he can keep the Giants in any game.

3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

It's all good. Unlike you bums I picked up CJ Prosise who is going to slide in and start stealing carries from Carson. I'm all good maybe if everyone here didn't suck at fantasy and knew how to manage they wouldn't care one bit about this news.

I'm waiting for the Christine Micheal call back, if you didn't stash him then i don't know what else to say.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Iron-cock said:

They could be floating around .500 at their bye.  Winnable games:  WAS, MIN, ARI, @DET, "@"NYJ.   Their defense is crap, but if Daniel Jones plays like he did this week, he can keep the Giants in any game.

Horrible defense. No running game. Yeah, that's really wishful thinking. They aren't going 1-10 if Jones is solid, but they will be nowhere near .500. That defense made Winston look like Mahomes. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

Defintely 8 weeks... and for a team going no where what would he the point of bringing him back this year?

Because he loves playing football. I'm sure if he's healthy he will play. People were talking about this last year too. Why he kept playing in a lost season. The guy is a competitor.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

Because he loves playing football. I'm sure if he's healthy he will play. People were talking about this last year too. Why he kept playing in a lost season. The guy is a competitor.

Yeah man idk. I dealt with DJ a few years ago as well when I took him first...in both of my leagues. I have Shady to slide into his spot so it's not a horrible situation but it leaves an absolutely awful taste in my mouth. It's not that I can't make the playoffs without him it just kills the entire spirit of the game. You draft dudes you like to watch them play. Barkley was damn fun to watch. 

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

For real.. I'll probably just drop for dalvin cook or trade with Grandma for hopkins and mixon. Fancy football is not hard.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Plus he may have contractual incentives he could hit by returning.

• Like 1