NBC Sports Edge Forums

Saquon Barkley 2019 Outlook

22 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

Schefter reporting 4-8 weeks with 8 weeks being more likely. I guess it depends on how much stock you put into Schefter. Seems like he is one of the more diligent analysts.

I don't think Schefter is giving a prognosis, I'm fairly confident that is just something someone told him and he's just the mouthpiece

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

confirmed - spotted coming down Broadway last night ....

These are always the best posts.  I got a high ankle sprain at the YMCA and the recovery time was totally comparable to what Saquan Barkley will be going through.

Posted Images

So basically we all have to make it to playoffs without Saquon. I’m 3-0. Just need to go 4-4 these next eight to give me a fighting chance. 

Certainly a downgrade to the greatest degree no matter how anybody wants to spin it. Sigh...

• Like 2
2 hours ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

Defintely 8 weeks... and for a team going no where what would he the point of bringing him back this year?

Uh....maybe because he's getting paid to play?  The long end of the estimate has him back for week 11.  That's still 6 games of football.  He's gonna be back this year.

1 minute ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I don't buy the longer end of the timeframe. Guy's a physical freak. And the talk of them shutting him down is nonsense. Plenty of bad teams in the league, they don't sit their stars. 

The guy is definitely a physical specimen. Dudes like that are not like your average person. Wouldn't shock me if he's back quicker than expected.  

Still sucks though.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I don't buy the longer end of the timeframe. Guy's a physical freak. And the talk of them shutting him down is nonsense. Plenty of bad teams in the league, they don't sit their stars. 

Physical freaks can't play through broken bones or ACL tears. So why do you think being a physical freak will magically make him return faster from a serious high ankle sprain. We've seen plenty of really good players miss a ton of time with that injury. And it's probably harder to come back for a RB than a WR since he is constantly cutting and getting tackled by interior lineman.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
49 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Physical freaks can't play through broken bones or ACL tears. So why do you think being a physical freak will magically make him return faster from a serious high ankle sprain. We've seen plenty of really good players miss a ton of time with that injury. And it's probably harder to come back for a RB than a WR since he is constantly cutting and getting tackled by interior lineman.

I know it's only one example, but AP. And admittedly this is nothing more than my opinion, but I'd be shocked if this ends up being a two month injury. 

4 hours ago, dannyz6969 said:

I guess my YMCA experiances were close enough

experiences

The point was that anyone with half a brain knows that a high ankle sprain is a multi-week injury. We don't need you CSBing your childhood injuries, playing a completely different sport no less, in order to understand that. 

Edited by cs3
3 hours ago, wideopen21 said:

4-8 weeks according to Rap. Looking more like the 8. 

Not good for a team that will likely be eliminated from contention by then. 

3 hours ago, Iron-cock said:

They could be floating around .500 at their bye.  Winnable games:  WAS, MIN, ARI, @DET, "@"NYJ.   Their defense is crap, but if Daniel Jones plays like he did this week, he can keep the Giants in any game.

3 hours ago, wideopen21 said:

Horrible defense. No running game. Yeah, that's really wishful thinking. They aren't going 1-10 if Jones is solid, but they will be nowhere near .500. That defense made Winston look like Mahomes. 

Considering their Bye is Week 11, it would be a real bummer if they went 1-10.  😂

Realistically they can beat WAS, ARI and NYJ.  None of those teams have won a game yet.    If they manage that alone, the Giants will be 4-6 at the bye and in the playoff hunt. 

The Bye lines up with 8 weeks from now, so bringing Saquon back after that makes sense. 

Above Average Quarterback play can hide a lot of deficiencies elsewhere.  

I'd expect Saquon back in week 12 after the bye.

Edited by Iron-cock
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

This is exactly what I kept telling myself as I let DJ clog a bench spot for most of 2017 for no reason.

1 hour ago, cs3 said:

experiences

The point was that anyone with half a brain knows that a high ankle sprain is a multi-week injury. We don't need you CSBing your childhood injuries, playing a completely different sport no less, in order to understand that. 

Despite people having "half a brain", I was still being ridiculed by folks such as yourself. I was still correct though wasn't I? Do you even play sports? Have you suffered any type of ankle injuries? hip pointers? calf strains? Or do you just sit on your butt all day downing dorito chips and cheetos? with a greasy ps4 controller no less while  your mom vacuums up the crumbs you leave behind.  "CSB" 

Edited by dannyz6969
  • Haha 3
3 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I hope you are right. I am buying the long end of the timeline.

3 hours ago, sSektor said:

Shades of 2017 DJ

There's a very good chance they won't bring him back if there's no shot at the playoffs.

I thought this until I saw what Danny Dimes did for them. We all need to become Giants fans now, so that Barkley's rehab is all about making it back and making a run. This is a proud, storied franchise with serious black eyes right now. Just watching him hop around trying to celebrate gives me the only shred of hope I need to hold, and fight like hell to stay afloat while this team hopefully does the same.

• Like 1

I got a high ankle sprain about 10 years ago playing basketball. There was bruising all up my ankle and lower leg from the internal bleeding. I believe it took me about a month before I was back playing basketball again. But probably was 6-8 weeks total before I felt fully back to normal. 

Having said that, Barkey is younger than I was, which will speed up his recovery, and he has access to better treatment than I did (I did nothing but let it heal on its own). 

Anyone heard any trade rumors or potential a pick up the Giants might try to pull off to get through the next several weeks or more? They cant seriously think Wayne Gallman is going to get them through this mess. He has shown a few bright spots, but Im just trying to be realistic. 

Ive seen a few articles suggesting CJA or Ajayi were possible? Anyone heard anything else or have any ideas of the directions the Giants may go with this?