NBC Sports Edge Forums

Saquon Barkley 2019 Outlook

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

confirmed - spotted coming down Broadway last night ....

These are always the best posts.  I got a high ankle sprain at the YMCA and the recovery time was totally comparable to what Saquan Barkley will be going through.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Wtf is this guy? Seriously please tell me what he is?

Based on some research, it has been determined that Saquon Barkley is the Black Panther.

His full bio can be found here.
https://www.superherodb.com/black-panther/10-247/powers/

Here's a little excerpt from that bio:

Peak Human Durability

T'Challa's Barkley's ability to resist and recover from physical injury or disease is also at the pinnacle of human capability. While he is susceptible to illness and injury as any normal human is, his ability to resist and recover from them is well above that of most other humans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
2 minutes ago, RJRJRJ said:

I highly doubt he plays, almost no chance.  Coach saying "possibility" is just coach speak, or else he would say "we don't know yet" or "we'll see".  I hope I'm wrong.

He's listed as doubtful, which usually means the guy's not playing. But given he's not already ruled out for this week and the way he's been moving around it sounds like it's a realistic possibility that he may be back next week. So only missing 2 weeks after originally being on a 4-8 week timeline would be great news for Barkley owners.

1 hour ago, RJRJRJ said:

I highly doubt he plays, almost no chance.  Coach saying "possibility" is just coach speak, or else he would say "we don't know yet" or "we'll see".  I hope I'm wrong.

I agree though did you see that clip of him warming up? Impressive. I'm willing to bet anything he plays next week. 

Very interesting....

Carl Banks is on WFAN talking about the Saquon Barkley injury and made one hell of a point. The Giants never confirmed a timetable for injury. They only confirmed a high ankle sprain. It was Twitter, social media and "sources" that have been talking timetables.

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Very interesting....

Carl Banks is on WFAN talking about the Saquon Barkley injury and made one hell of a point. The Giants never confirmed a timetable for injury. They only confirmed a high ankle sprain. It was Twitter, social media and "sources" that have been talking timetables.

Yup, tends to be how it is. Everyone wants to be the first to report. To bad they didnt want to be the first to report correct information. 

38 minutes ago, yanksman said:

I would say its possible except the fact that its on Thursday doesnt make me feel very hopeful.

Actually, with the short week it makes more sense to sit him on Sunday to get him ready for a full go on Thursday. If he’s not quite 100%, sending him out Sunday and then expecting him to recover for Thursday isn’t realistic. I’m cautiously optimistic we see him on Thursday.