Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Saquon Barkley 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, yanksman said:

Who said they wouldn't do this? Jones & Barkley haven't played a full game together yet.

Not saying they won’t, just hoping they do. He was used pretty sparingly at the beginning of the year but that was probably due to sitting out the preseason.

1 hour ago, nonstopfan said:

Also, don't get too caught up in points, the Giants had two-three scoring drives deep in Minny territory where they turned it over on downs instead of kicking a FG. Jones missed Shep on two wide open TD's on two separate occasions in the game. This game was closer than the final score showed.

My post had nothing to do with their previous game, Barkley didn’t play so obviously the results will be different when he gets back out there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

confirmed - spotted coming down Broadway last night ....

These are always the best posts.  I got a high ankle sprain at the YMCA and the recovery time was totally comparable to what Saquan Barkley will be going through.

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

even if hes active hes an EASY sit against the pats D and his injury. 

Yeah, I’ll just have to choose from that stable of RB1’s that I have stashed on my bench.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Yeah, I’ll just have to choose from that stable of RB1’s that I have stashed on my bench.

I would say he would be a low end RB1 to be conservative. So I guess if you have 2 or 3 other top 10 backs he’s a sit but most teams, probably around 99.999% don’t have that luxury so he’s a must start if active.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Having regret about picking him over CMC is about as hindsight 20/20 as it comes. He’s a baller, the most naturally gifted RB in the league, and he’s still gonna carry teams when he comes back 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, atrium said:

Having regret about picking him over CMC is about as hindsight 20/20 as it comes. He’s a baller, the most naturally gifted RB in the league, and he’s still gonna carry teams when he comes back 

Exactly. Can't predict injures. Also look at his playoff schedule. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

even if hes active hes an EASY sit against the pats D and his injury. 

My healthy backs are Kerryon, Dontrell Hilliard and Jordan Wilkins. If Barkley's active, he'll be in MY lineup. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Bandito said:

My healthy backs are Kerryon, Dontrell Hilliard and Jordan Wilkins. If Barkley's active, he'll be in MY lineup. 

He isn't playing. No way. They'll bring him back on two weeks. Dirty a** belichick will probably tell his guys to step on the hurt ankle. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

even if hes active hes an EASY sit against the pats D and his injury. 

Imagine feeling yourself so much over your own team that you convince yourself a generational RB isn’t even worthy of a flex against them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

even if hes active hes an EASY sit against the pats D and his injury. 


Yeah no.  You don’t draft Barkley at #1 overall to sit him.  I hope he doesn’t play so he can get an extra week of rest but if he does he goes right into my lineup without hesitation.  Not sure how the most talented RB and #1 pick in most drafts is an “easy sit” if he plays.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:


Yeah no.  You don’t draft Barkley at #1 overall to sit him.  I hope he doesn’t play so he can get an extra week of rest but if he does he goes right into my lineup without hesitation.  Not sure how the most talented RB and #1 pick in most drafts is an “easy sit” if he plays.  

Considering how they handled Shep, I hope he sits too. Their medical staff is obviously clueless.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

 

Still says he "likely" won't. Honestly, I hope he doesn't. Not a good match up and too many times have RB's tried to rush back after a high ankle sprain only to have it linger all season and cause more issues. Let's make sure he's 100%

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JoesPros said:

Who says its unlikely?? Ive seen nothing from the coaches or Saquon himself saying this so where are these reports coming from??? 

 

are you serious, Clark?

check the tweets, vet the source - life in the age of the informational superhighway is really none too difficult. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JoesPros said:

Who says its unlikely?? Ive seen nothing from the coaches or Saquon himself saying this so where are these reports coming from??? 

Reporters... Id love to be able to play him but since i have the Pats D, i wouldnt mind 35 points from them while barkley takes another week to heal lol. 10 more days will be ok with me sitting 4-1.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Reporters... Id love to be able to play him but since i have the Pats D, i wouldnt mind 35 points from them while barkley takes another week to heal lol. 10 more days will be ok with me sitting 4-1.

Well duh, obviously reporters said it lol. That was my entire point. Reporters said this based on what? I've seen nothing from the coaches to warrant such a "report"...

I'm not one to blindly listen to reporters. In fantasy, you have to ignore the false journalism. For instance, when reporters were hyping Darwin Thompson as the next man up, when Reid's comments made it clear he preferred Darrel Williams, I ignored the thompson hype.....You can't just take a reporters word as bible. All they are doing is reporting their opinion.

 

In my opinion, I've seen no evidence to support that Saquon is unlikely to play. The coach has said it's a possibility that he plays and that's it. Reporters also said he was out 6-8 weeks or whatever. But you guys do what the F you wanna do!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...