NBC Sports Edge Forums

Saquon Barkley 2019 Outlook

6 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Giants coach Pat Shurmur did not rule out No. 6 overall pick Daniel Jones starting Week 1.

"You never know what is going to happen," Shurmur said after commenting Jones is on track to be ready to play Week 1. The coach did still call Eli Manning the starter, but this is a bit of a wobble from an organization which has been adamant Manning will be the guy this season. Manning starting Week 1 remains the most likely outcome, but it sounds like Jones will get a real shot to push him.

potential qb controversy boiling in the pot.  Does this affect Barkley's output?  Or does he have the skill set to overcome any Giants adversity? 

I would say that to have a different crappy QB is still going to be beneficial for Saq. They simply don't have another option.

I don't think it will necessarily be 2000 again but 1500+ should be doable.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

confirmed - spotted coming down Broadway last night ....

These are always the best posts.  I got a high ankle sprain at the YMCA and the recovery time was totally comparable to what Saquan Barkley will be going through.

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

Fading this guy slightly if I end up with a top pick in redraft. By that I mean passing for Zeke, CMC, Kamara, and Gordon. 

Me too. Saquon is the best rb in the league but he may be in the worst offense in the league atleast a bottom 10 offense in the league. An RB on a bottom 10 offense has never finished the RB1 overall in any format.

LOL.  The Giants offense is not bottom-10.  Their OL is vastly improved from last year with the addition of Zeitler.  Even without OBJ last year Barkley beasted.  The groupthink that Eli is garbage therefore Saquon will suffer is exactly the kind of thinking that will leave you regretting you listened to fantasy analysts. 

The groupthink also wants to justify its hatred of the Giants taking Saquon over a QB (notice those voices getting quieter now that Rosen busted in ARI last year), and he has given them no reason to do so. 

2 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

Me too. Saquon is the best rb in the league but he may be in the worst offense in the league atleast a bottom 10 offense in the league. An RB on a bottom 10 offense has never finished the RB1 overall in any format.

Ehh, the RB1 is usually really good at football and helps the offense a bunch. If Saquan stays healthy, Giants wont be a bottom 10 offense.

Also, If you change 10 to 12, ADP in 2012 fits the bill. 

• Like 2

There’s definitely going to be some concern here on an absolutely terrible team, I LOVE Barkley, Penn state fan, the man is 100% machine. However, that team is bad. Losing Odell hurts, Eli has gotten worse every year. He will still be a beast but I think #1 pick IMO is kamara, with bark right behind him. 

Yeah, I'm not sure what all the debate is here.  The guy is a stud.  Generational.  Doesn't matter if he's on a crappy team.  Remember those games last year where he got 10-16 dump-off targets?  I'll take that all day and twice on Sundays. Barkley has the potential to house any carry he gets, that explosion is hard to find.

You can't really go wrong IMO with Barkley, CMC, and Kamara.  I think Zeke is always a thread for suspension so probably would put him fourth.  But any of the others would be fine.

Bad team does not bother me.  Giants will probably try to run the ball and will continue trying to run the ball unless the team gets behind 2 TDs.  Then it will start throwing more.  Barkley is probably the best receiving RB in the game, so he will be just as involved in a passing attack. So no matter what situation the team is playing, Barkley will be involved.  Probably no other running back, besides Kamara, who is more game scenario-proof. 

Edited by nine9s
3 hours ago, nine9s said:

Bad team does not bother me.  Giants will probably try to run the ball and will continue trying to run the ball unless the team gets behind 2 TDs.  Then it will start throwing more.  Barkley is probably the best receiving RB in the game

Damien Williams is. Look it up in his thread.

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, nine9s said:

Bad team does not bother me.  Giants will probably try to run the ball and will continue trying to run the ball unless the team gets behind 2 TDs.  Then it will start throwing more.  Barkley is probably the best receiving RB in the game, so he will be just as involved in a passing attack. So no matter what situation the team is playing, Barkley will be involved.  Probably no other running back, besides Kamara, who is more game scenario-proof. 

They won't even be able to stop him with stacked boxes, still find a way to get in the open field

11 hours ago, timexsocialclub said:

When he takes his opening carry in the first game 82 yards for a TD, people will regret passing on him.

I remember in 2011 Steven Jackson did that, only to pull his hammy or something on that run, then it became the Cadillac Williams show.  Sometimes people just can't have good things.  The only thing that can stop Barkleys second straight rushing title is injury.  He's one more year experienced with an improved line, and improved defense to help keep the game script more running back friendly.

• Like 1

QB A: 4165 passing yards, 26/9 TD/INT ratio in 16 games

QB B: 4299 passing yards, 21/11 TD/INT ratio in 16 games

Once is being touted as the potential QB1 overall in 2019, the other is touted to be benched for a rookie.  

Believe groupspeak at your own peril...Saquon is not on a bad offense. 

On 7/3/2019 at 6:21 AM, 1972Miamidolphins said:

I remember in 2011 Steven Jackson did that, only to pull his hammy or something on that run, then it became the Cadillac Williams show.  Sometimes people just can't have good things.  The only thing that can stop Barkleys second straight rushing title is injury.  He's one more year experienced with an improved line, and improved defense to help keep the game script more running back friendly.

You realize he didn't have the rushing title last year, right?

Just now, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Over 2000 yards, 91 catches, 15 touchdowns....as an rb.....and as a rookie.....

damn

i cant wait to see what he can do as a sophomore with a vastly improved offensive line and defense

Do you know what RUSHING title means?

Ezekiel Elliott - 1,434 rushing yards

Saquon Barkley - 1,307 rushing yards

Who had the rushing title?

3 hours ago, joshua18 said:

QB A: 4165 passing yards, 26/9 TD/INT ratio in 16 games

QB B: 4299 passing yards, 21/11 TD/INT ratio in 16 games

Once is being touted as the potential QB1 overall in 2019, the other is touted to be benched for a rookie.  

Believe groupspeak at your own peril...Saquon is not on a bad offense. 

Those are misleading stats. The offense is most certainly bad. Eli had so much garbage time yards and TDs to boost his stats. Kinda like Blake Bortles. 

Manning's quarter-by-quarter stats through 8 games

1st quarter: 42-for-55 for 419 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT

2nd quarter: 57-of-82 for 601 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT

3rd quarter: 39-for-67 for 488 yards 0 TD, 2 INT

4th quarter: 77-for-111 for 869 yards, 6 TDs, 2 INT

The end of day stats may have been good (which is what we want for fantasy) but in real life that offense was not good. And eli should not be a starting qb in the league. He does have a few decent games but they're to few and far between to keep his team competitive.

The 1st qb is Deshaun Watson. Who is a good qb but you left off his difference making stats. 550 yards rushing and 5 tds. Thats what could make him a qb1. And he has the worst offensive line in the league yes worse than mannings. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1