NBC Sports Edge Forums

Derrius Guice 2019 Outlook

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rotoworld on Sunday:  the Redskins aren't likely to make Guice a workhorse in 2019 given his injury history. Guice is a bench stash and low-end flex play for those in trouble. Rotoworl

Try watching it again once you sober up a bit.

Competitive leagues don't have IR spots I think Callahan dramatically lowers his value. If it was still Gruden I'd be on the train. But Callahan is an old school coach that will likely stick wit

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Redskins coach Jay Gruden says Derrius Guice (ACL) could be ready before training camp begins.

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/news/211585/derrius-guice-knee-could-be-ready-before-training-camp.php

I think he was referring to Bryce Love, implying that Guice need not worry too much about competition from him this season.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Was actually fairly obvious that you were referring to Love. I just misunderstood.

Think I read he will likely start the season on the PUP. 

• 2 months later...

I'm genuinely surprised that there isn't more midsummer chatter surrounding Guice. There were some ominous reports about his rehab but we haven't heard a ton about him lately. Maybe I'm just being an optimistic dynasty owner, but he seems like the kind of guy who could be a breakout fantasy star if he's been able to get that recovery on track. Usually a polarizing profile like Guice's leads to a lengthy RW thread. If the reports take a turn for the better leading up to TC, how much movement can we expect from that 5th/6th round ADP? 

56 minutes ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

I'm genuinely surprised that there isn't more midsummer chatter surrounding Guice. There were some ominous reports about his rehab but we haven't heard a ton about him lately. 

Guice plays in Washington. That alone is enough suckage to lower his ADP.

20 hours ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

I'm genuinely surprised that there isn't more midsummer chatter surrounding Guice. There were some ominous reports about his rehab but we haven't heard a ton about him lately. Maybe I'm just being an optimistic dynasty owner, but he seems like the kind of guy who could be a breakout fantasy star if he's been able to get that recovery on track. Usually a polarizing profile like Guice's leads to a lengthy RW thread. If the reports take a turn for the better leading up to TC, how much movement can we expect from that 5th/6th round ADP? 

As a possible Dynasty/long term keeper I'm wondering his value.  The current owner is looking to possibly trade him.  Can Guice take over and run with this job long term? He looked good until he went down but he's barely played any NFL at this point.  I really like the guy but I'm gun shy - but this is the cheapest he's probably going to be. Unless he can't come back 100%.

I really don't know what Guice is going to do this year...if he'll be healthy, if AP will take carries away from him all season, if he's hopeless because the Skins suck. so on and so forth. But I do know that I have him as a 7th rd keeper this year, so I'll be keeping him without a doubt. And I just hope that over the course of this season, he's good enough to man one of my two flex positions...and if not, then he at least gets over this knee injury, gets healthy, gets some carries and experience, and prepares to take the 2020 season by storm as my 6th round keeper. Lol. 

21 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

As a possible Dynasty/long term keeper I'm wondering his value.  The current owner is looking to possibly trade him.  Can Guice take over and run with this job long term? He looked good until he went down but he's barely played any NFL at this point.  I really like the guy but I'm gun shy - but this is the cheapest he's probably going to be. Unless he can't come back 100%.

Yeah, seems like an odd time to put him on the trading block. Ultimate sell-low at this point. If you can get him on the cheap, could be worth taking a stab at him. 

2 minutes ago, bomont said:

The more I think about it the more I'm targeting him late in the draft. He'll be really cheap and it's all upside. 

He's a guy that (albeit risky) you can profit from by drafting early.  I could easily see his price getting into top 50 once camp starts.

I have a hard time believing that Gruden is going to give Guice anything more than 5-10 carries a game. 

Adrian Peterson has proven he’s got a lot left in the tank and could easily have another 1000+ yard / 7-10 TD season. I’m skeptical Guice can just walk in after a major knee injury and overtake one of the best RBs of all time. 

Edited by AirForceOne
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr2Saint said:

Once camp starts and he shows well, his ADP will rise. Get him on the cheap. So much upside. 

? If his ADP rises, how do you get him on the cheap? Almost no one is drafting now. 

49 minutes ago, AirForceOne said:

I have a hard time believing that Gruden is going to give Guice anything more than 5-10 carries a game. 

Adrian Peterson has proven he’s got a lot left in the tank and could easily have another 1000+ yard / 7-10 TD season. I’m skeptical Guice can just walk in after a major knee injury and overtake one of the best RBs of all time. 

"Best of all time" means absolutely zero in fantasy. It's what can you do for me this year. IMO Peterson had a nice last hurrah but is about done. Guice is easily superior and if (again if) healthy, there is no way he isn't the man, with Peterson spelling him just here and there. 

Although I like Guice in dynasty leagues, I would not go after him in re-draft this year. I suspect he'll be on a short leash (similar to D Cook last year) and it's more likely that we'll see mix of AP/Love/Thompson on the offensive side of the ball. His year is bleak from a FF perspective.