NBC Sports Edge Forums

Derrius Guice 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Why

Because in fantasy football there’s nothing more satisfying than identifying and investing in what you believe is a special long term talent, and having your patience eventually rewarded when he finally proves you right.

In redraft, this is virtually impossible, since “long term” investments are fruitless. In dynasty/keeper, the ability to identify and manage long term assets is essential. Knowing when to buy, sell, and hold is the key to success. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rotoworld on Sunday:  the Redskins aren't likely to make Guice a workhorse in 2019 given his injury history. Guice is a bench stash and low-end flex play for those in trouble. Rotoworl

Try watching it again once you sober up a bit.

Competitive leagues don't have IR spots I think Callahan dramatically lowers his value. If it was still Gruden I'd be on the train. But Callahan is an old school coach that will likely stick wit

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

He’s still around 5th round value which I think is fine but that’s where I like to grab a WR. Why are people so sure he’s going to be the lead back over AP?

If healthy they are going to want to take a long look at their future since the team itself has zero shot of being competitive. What does the team gain by riding the wheels off of Peterson? It might not be immediate, but I have a feeling he’s going to be on a lot of contending fantasy teams late in the year as a flex or better 

1 minute ago, Joe Odam said:

If healthy they are going to want to take a long look at their future since the team itself has zero shot of being competitive. What does the team gain by riding the wheels off of Peterson? It might not be immediate, but I have a feeling he’s going to be on a lot of contending fantasy teams late in the year as a flex or better 

What does the team get from putting a bunch of mileage on their 2nd round pick if they aren’t competitive? And it’s not like AP was bad last year. 

This is is a tough one for me to judge. I picked him up in a bunch of best balls going WR early.

(||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||)

That's the 10 ft pole that I won't be touching any redskins player with this season, including Guice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

What does the team get from putting a bunch of mileage on their 2nd round pick if they aren’t competitive? And it’s not like AP was bad last year. 

This is is a tough one for me to judge. I picked him up in a bunch of best balls going WR early.

What would they save him for? The end of his contract when the team is mediocre instead of bad? He’s on his rookie deal playing for the lowest amount of money he’ll ever play for, the youngest and freshest he’ll ever be. Again, if healthy there is ZERO reason not to run him and run him a lot

54 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

What does the team get from putting a bunch of mileage on their 2nd round pick if they aren’t competitive?

To see if they have a good RB of the future or not?

2 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

Why are people so sure he’s going to be the lead back over AP?

I’m not confident he’ll be the lead back at the very beginning of the season, but can definitely see him taking over at some point early this season. Guice showed to be explosive enough to make the most of limited touches, so anything more would be a major boom.

Edited by Mr2Saint

The hamstring injury is typical of coming off an ACL (Dalvin last season). I think he splits to start with AP and then takes the reigns. By this time next season we will be banging the table for him just like last season allll over. Remember that preseason first half against the Pats... that’s what we’ll see second half of this season. Next year he’ll be in the mix for a first 2 rounds kind of pick. This season is APs swans song. Pair Guice with the second year of Haskins and it’s wheels up.

• Like 1

I like Guice at his current 5th-6th round ADP but I can definitely see that rising if he stays healthy and looks good in the preseason. Between AP stealing early down work in the early part of the season at least, and Chris Thompson being in on passing downs (until he gets hurt), I don't know if I'd take him over the Carson/Drake/Michel group with all of the time share + bad offense concerns assuming he jumps into the 4th.

This might be more of an assistant coach forum question, if so feel free to move it. Anyone who added him late last season and could use your keeper on him in the 11th-13th round (whatever your format it is), with this news is that a solid keeper over some of the other sure things that provide value based on their keeper round?

1 hour ago, Olliemets said:

I like Guice at his current 5th-6th round ADP but I can definitely see that rising if he stays healthy and looks good in the preseason. Between AP stealing early down work in the early part of the season at least, and Chris Thompson being in on passing downs (until he gets hurt), I don't know if I'd take him over the Carson/Drake/Michel group with all of the time share + bad offense concerns assuming he jumps into the 4th.

Agreed, he should go after the Carson/Lindsay/Drake group.    

Just got him in the 9th round of a competitive 10 teamer.   7th round in a 12 teamer might still be doable-  until the hype train starts rolling.   Expecting 5th/6th by the end of camp

1 hour ago, cosmicsong said:

Then why did they select another talented RB who's also going through an acl injury? Makes no sense to me.

Because Guice might be injury-prone and Love presented far too good of value to pass up. I would not be at all surprised if Love was the bell cow by the end of the year and highly touted next year.

2 hours ago, ralphg13 said:

This might be more of an assistant coach forum question, if so feel free to move it. Anyone who added him late last season and could use your keeper on him in the 11th-13th round (whatever your format it is), with this news is that a solid keeper over some of the other sure things that provide value based on their keeper round?

Drafted him last year and let him sit on my bench the whole year just so he'd be there as a 12th round keeper this year.  I'm locked in on him as one of my keepers.  Even if he only provides medium value this year, theoretically he'll provide insane value as an 11th round keeper next year. 

4 hours ago, ralphg13 said:

1 hour ago, jonasdash said:

Drafted him last year and let him sit on my bench the whole year just so he'd be there as a 12th round keeper this year.  I'm locked in on him as one of my keepers.  Even if he only provides medium value this year, theoretically he'll provide insane value as an 11th round keeper next year. 

I've already declared him as a 10th round keeper

Derrius Guice said he was a full participant at practice on Thursday.

This confirms coach Jay Gruden's Wednesday comments that Guice will be ready for camp. Guice said he felt great in the first day of camp, so his hamstring injury from earlier this month looks to be behind him. After an August ACL tear kept him on the sidelines last season, Guice will be competing for carries with Adrian Peterson.

Jul 25, 2019, 2:14 PM ET