NBC Sports Edge Forums

Derrius Guice 2019 Outlook

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rotoworld on Sunday:  the Redskins aren't likely to make Guice a workhorse in 2019 given his injury history. Guice is a bench stash and low-end flex play for those in trouble. Rotoworl

Try watching it again once you sober up a bit.

Competitive leagues don't have IR spots I think Callahan dramatically lowers his value. If it was still Gruden I'd be on the train. But Callahan is an old school coach that will likely stick wit

Posted Images

11 hours ago, cosmicsong said:

Then why did they select another talented RB who's also going through an acl injury? Makes no sense to me.

Some say that Bryce Love is there to replace/back up Chris Thompson who will be a free agent in 2020. 

Guice is another guy that I'm avoiding in all of my leagues.  I read an article recently where he stated: "some days my knee feels fine but then other days it really hurts."  Not what you want to hear from a rb coming off major knee surgery.  Guice, Todd Gurley and Sony Michel are all on my do-not-draft list because all of them have had multiple serious knee problems.

• Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Guice is another guy that I'm avoiding in all of my leagues.  I read an article recently where he stated: "some days my knee feels fine but then other days it really hurts."  Not what you want to hear from a rb coming off major knee surgery.  Guice, Todd Gurley and Sony Michel are all on my do-not-draft list because all of them have had multiple serious knee problems.

Source? Please share the article.  Haven’t read that anywhere. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Mr2Saint said:

Source? Please share the article.  Haven’t read that anywhere. 

"With your ACL it's back and forth a lot," he said. "So some days I'm like, 'I'm ready,' and other days I'm like 'Wow, this is sore.' You have to go through pain in this game. It's football. Pain is not always a bad sign. If you are working it you are going to feel pain. If you're not feeling it then you should be concerned.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/derrius-guice-knows-he-has-play-through-pain-also-listen-his-body

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
19 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Just now, BMcP said:

"With your ACL it's back and forth a lot," he said. "So some days I'm like, 'I'm ready,' and other days I'm like 'Wow, this is sore.' You have to go through pain in this game. It's football. Pain is not always a bad sign. If you are working it you are going to feel pain. If you're not feeling it then you should be concerned.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/derrius-guice-knows-he-has-play-through-pain-also-listen-his-body

ummm….. 'wow, this is sore' is not the same thing as 'other days it really hurts'. Sore does not = hurt

2 minutes ago, bigslick631 said:

ummm….. 'wow, this is sore' is not the same thing as 'other days it really hurts'. Sore does not = hurt

He does describe it in the context of “pain.”  It’s a legitimate consideration for evaluation purposes.

4 minutes ago, bigslick631 said:

The guy sjm, he is lying all over the D Williams thread and now here. Can’t trust him at all. He literally doctored this quote to make a false point. Sjm is 100% a liar. Avoid and ignore at this point

Edited by elroypedro
3 minutes ago, elroypedro said:

The guy sjm, he is lying all over the D Williams thread and now here. Can’t trust him at all. He literally doctored this quote to make a false point. Sjm is 100% a liar. Avoid and ignore at this point

"Sore" is an example of hurting there, Pedro.  Let me guess, Guice is another guy that you think is the second coming though he has been nothing but injured since entering the league.

On 7/25/2019 at 9:34 AM, ralphg13 said:

Anyone who added him late last season and could use your keeper on him in the 11th-13th round (whatever your format it is), with this news is that a solid keeper...?

Great value there. I think a lot of owners in long-term formats put Guice in the bank last season with similar plans. 

I’m not huge on him in redraft and he definitely carries risk, but at a double-digit round keeper price, you have to hang on to this guy. 

4 minutes ago, Panthor said:

Guice isn't want concerns me, it is the medical staff in WSH, they seem very subpar

I hear you, but James Andrews is their team physician.  Maybe he’s just losing his touch in his old age?

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

I hear you, but James Andrews is their team physician.  Maybe he’s just losing his touch in his old age?

James Andrews, is certainly a great surgeon by reputation, but he is only one man,  i'm looking at the medical/training team as a whole and WSH has been a team of the walking wounded the last few years.  so i'm not sure how much i can trust them to rehab players from injury or prevent injuries with proper training programs

• Like 1

So far, out of all the camp news, the biggest buzz from all the beat writers on twitter from any team has been about Guice’s big run where he juked Landon collins on the second level yesterday. Would love to see what they are all talking about.

Lamar Miller

Tevin Coleman

Rashaad Penny

Miles Sanders

Latavius Murray

How do you rank Guice vs. these backs?

I'm very confused about who to go with. I always lean the top two guys, but I know one of them is a league winner, and it's certainly not Miller.

3 hours ago, sjm76 said:

I think this is the link the OP was referring to.

Later in the article, he clarifies that its just about listening to your body.

I am all on-board with Guice, can't wait to see what he does in game action.

Looking very good so far, lets hope for no setbacks. 

44 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

So has anyone heard anything else coming out of camp? I haven’t really seen anything past the first two days. 

Nothing but seeing him laughing and grinding at camp. No news is good news