NBC Sports Edge Forums

Derrius Guice 2019 Outlook

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rotoworld on Sunday:  the Redskins aren't likely to make Guice a workhorse in 2019 given his injury history. Guice is a bench stash and low-end flex play for those in trouble. Rotoworl

Try watching it again once you sober up a bit.

Competitive leagues don't have IR spots I think Callahan dramatically lowers his value. If it was still Gruden I'd be on the train. But Callahan is an old school coach that will likely stick wit

Posted Images

Well, I said to avoid him earlier in this thread but I ended up taking him as my lead candidate to be my rb2 in a league because rb's were unexpectedly flying off the board rounds earlier than projected before I had the chance to select my 2nd one.  He was the best projected starter available at my pick.  He had a pretty nasty injury but he seems to have a lot of guts and all reports I've heard so far are good.

Edited by sjm76

Where do we see his dynasty value? I'm trying to determine where to place him against this year's class of rookie RBs.

Edited by Trifecta
1 hour ago, Trifecta said:

Where do we see his dynasty value? I'm trying to determine where to place him against this year's class of rookie RBs.

Through...the...roof. Don’t be surprised if he’s an rb2 by the end of THIS season and an early round pick in redraft next year 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

Through...the...roof. Don’t be surprised if he’s an rb2 by the end of THIS season and an early round pick in redraft next year 

You are obviously his big propenent here and I love the enthusiasm. But there is great variability to his potential outcomes. 

For context, I meant where would you take him vs Josh Jacobs, Montgomery, Sanders?  Most dynasty ranks have him below them all. I think a lot has to do with possibility of a true RBBC for this season.

2 hours ago, Joe Odam said:

I really agree. I hope I can draft Guice in my keeper league. There’s no other RB I’m more excited about talent wise. His situation is horrible which is an obvious downgrade, but I don’t see much of a rbbc here this season. 

24 minutes ago, bam327 said:

I really agree. I hope I can draft Guice in my keeper league. There’s no other RB I’m more excited about talent wise. His situation is horrible which is an obvious downgrade, but I don’t see much of a rbbc here this season. 

As long as Peterson is healthy, he's gonna get fed.  It's total RBBC this year while AP is there.

Edited by Chardo
21 minutes ago, Chardo said:

As long as Peterson is healthy, he's gonna get fed.  It's total RBBC this year while AP is there.

Completely disagree. Peterson will see the field but if healthy Guice is their back. There’s not even a question in my mind. Sure CT is still there too and he will get some carries, but not much more from either other than to spell Guice. 

22 minutes ago, bam327 said:

Completely disagree. Peterson will see the field but if healthy Guice is their back. There’s not even a question in my mind. Sure CT is still there too and he will get some carries, but not much more from either other than to spell Guice. 

gotta agree with @Chardo here: peterson showed no signs of slowing down last season, carried much of the dirt-poor offense on his back, and is eager to play some football. guice is a great kid / great work ethic, but he's recovering from injury / infection, and realistically washington is rebuild mode. with little hopes of advancing into the post-season, they will not beat guice into the ground fresh back from injury; a cautious approach and RBBC makes entire sense, and it wouldn't surprise me to see AP get the majority of the touches, especially if he runs like he did last season. the coaches like him and the front office gave him a new contract with guaranteed money at least for 2019: AP is the RB of today, guice the RB of tomorrow.

besides, if adrian peterson doesn't get fed, he can't hit his mark of 2000 yards.

PettyDemandingKronosaurus-size_restricte

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Trifecta said:

I think you could make a sound argument that he’s more talented than any of this year’s rookie backs. His questionable situation and return from injury are keeping some at bay, but it’d be justifiable to take Guice over the rookies in dynasty formats. 

Guice is uber talented. Obviously, RBs coming off of ACL injuries have a history of lingering hamstring issues, but at his current ADP, where mainly cuffs are available, I'll gladly take a shot on a high upside player like Guice. As good as AD is, he's 34 and has played through a variety of injuries in recent years, unfortunately, I think the odds are high that he misses considerable time in 2019.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Agmaniacmike said:

Guice is uber talented. Obviously, RBs coming off of ACL injuries have a history of lingering hamstring issues, but at his current ADP, where mainly cuffs are available, I'll gladly take a shot on a high upside player like Guice. As good as AD is, he's 34 and has played through a variety of injuries in recent years, unfortunately, I think the odds are high that he misses considerable time in 2019.

Couldn’t agree more 

• Like 1

I read he looks good, making nice cuts at full speed without pads, is working on his hands a lot the last few weeks, but that he still isn’t fully cleared for games. 

I think he has a bright future, but it will likely start out as a slow build over the first half, or even more, of this season.

21 minutes ago, elroypedro said:

I read he looks good, making nice cuts at full speed without pads, is working on his hands a lot the last few weeks, but that he still isn’t fully cleared for games. 

I think he has a bright future, but it will likely start out as a slow build over the first half, or even more, of this season.

After last season’s tragedy... I wouldn’t expect full contact even if he was 100%.   Lots of time to go-   Just be fresh for week 1

8 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

After last season’s tragedy... I wouldn’t expect full contact even if he was 100%.   Lots of time to go-   Just be fresh for week 1

I agree. I think I’m being extra cautious. He could come out ready to go, but I think it is just much safer to assume he takes a while to get up to full volume touches and full NFL game speed. 

Honestly at his draft cost I’d rather he start out slow, or even not play at all.  His ADP allows you total freedom to stick him on your bench and have a plug and play rb2 with rb1 upside for the stretch. I’d even be ok with PUP. Fresh legs + talent + chip on shoulder is a beautiful combination for the fantasy playoffs 

I don’t know, there’s something about Guice that whispers “patience” to me. Maybe it was simply the game films I watched that left me in awe. But maybe it’s also knowing the kid faced incredible adversity in year one, and seems to have come back mentally stronger, which leads me to believe he’ll come back physically stronger as well. His attitude exemplary, his enthusiasm infectious.  He seems to truly understand, and more importantly believe, that the payoff will be worth the wait and that’s what gets me excited. I’ll continue to wait patiently for what I believe will eventually define an unleashing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Lamont Sanford said:

I don’t know, there’s something about Guice that whispers “patience” to me. Maybe it was simply the game films I watched that left me in awe. But maybe it’s also knowing the kid faced incredible adversity in year one, and seems to have come back mentally stronger, which leads me to believe he’ll come back physically stronger as well. His attitude exemplary, his enthusiasm infectious.  He seems to truly understand, and more importantly believe, that the payoff will be worth the wait and that’s what gets me excited. I’ll continue to wait patiently for what I believe will eventually define an unleashing.

Yeah, next year.

• Like 3