Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Derrius Guice 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

Anybody stashing him in the IR slot? Wondering if I should add him and stash him in IR slot and if he plays well when he comes back, I’ve found gold.

Yep, I'm stashing him on IR and my other leagues I play in he's stashed there too. He will be the starting RB when he comes back.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rotoworld on Sunday:  the Redskins aren't likely to make Guice a workhorse in 2019 given his injury history. Guice is a bench stash and low-end flex play for those in trouble. Rotoworl

Try watching it again once you sober up a bit.

Competitive leagues don't have IR spots I think Callahan dramatically lowers his value. If it was still Gruden I'd be on the train. But Callahan is an old school coach that will likely stick wit

Posted Images

  • 2 weeks later...

 

 

The Skins are going nowhere so you would have to think Guice gets a chance at some point to be the starting back for this team. With Thompson always hurt and Apete being an ancient placeholder I would scoop Guice up if I had the space on my roster. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wideopen21 said:

 

 

The Skins are going nowhere so you would have to think Guice gets a chance at some point to be the starting back for this team. With Thompson always hurt and Apete being an ancient placeholder I would scoop Guice up if I had the space on my roster. 

Nice, just picked him up a couple of days ago and stashed on IR.

Link to post
Share on other sites

At what point does this many injuries and surgeries create so much atrophy that next up: Reduced effectiveness and/or broken femur?

As a dynasty owner I might prefer a full shut down at this point.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Proteus said:

At what point does this many injuries and surgeries create so much atrophy that next up: Reduced effectiveness and/or broken femur?

As a dynasty owner I might prefer a full shut down at this point.

 

Kid needs to prove himself as soon as he can or the Skins will have to draft/sign a legit #1 Rb in the offseason. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

If he can practice next week, it should give him 3 weeks of practice and to get healthy, so hopefully he comes back and they run this man down.

 

Without CT I hope he gets like 8 targets a game. He would be a PPR stud that could win you a championship. That OL is still going to be complete trash unless Trent Williams comes back.

Edited by n4sa
Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh. Take away AD's workmanlike 100yd effort against the lowly Dolphins, the Redskins OL is trash and nobody running behind that OL should be started unless as a bye week filler or in deep leagues.

I'm 100% sure Guice will get 12-15 touches, but AP won't suddenly disappear. Expect lots of 12/36 statlines. You basically pray for a TD. Might as well roster Gus Edwards.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, frog34 said:

Meh. Take away AD's workmanlike 100yd effort against the lowly Dolphins, the Redskins OL is trash and nobody running behind that OL should be started unless as a bye week filler or in deep leagues.

I'm 100% sure Guice will get 12-15 touches, but AP won't suddenly disappear. Expect lots of 12/36 statlines. You basically pray for a TD. Might as well roster Gus Edwards.

 

Why wouldn't they completely move away from AP in a completely lost season with their former 2nd round pick healthy? Like the other poster said above, they need to see what they got with him.

Edited by n4sa
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Proteus said:

At what point does this many injuries and surgeries create so much atrophy that next up: Reduced effectiveness and/or broken femur?

As a dynasty owner I might prefer a full shut down at this point.

ACL and meniscus surgeries are very common now and many players go on to have great careers. Unfortunately Guice has never really started.  He's young enough that he should bounce back but he also should ensure he's 100% or as close to it before coming back.  It's not like this is a playoff run right now.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wideopen21 said:

 

Kid needs to prove himself as soon as he can or the Skins will have to draft/sign a legit #1 Rb in the offseason. 

Guice might come back and have a great finish to the season. As a dynasty owner I hope he does. Having said that I don't doubt that the skins draft an RB in the first 3 rounds next year if there is one they like.  

 

It is too bad he tore his meniscus this year, he had all the opportunity. But maybe this is a bit of a blessing if they need to fix their o-line problems too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

If he was ir’d after week 1 wouldn’t 8 weeks be week 9? I get they have a week 10 bye and all that making week 11 likely but anyone have clarity 

I think he was put on IR technically during week 2 Even though it happened before the games were played, so 8 weeks would be week 10 (which is their bye).

Link to post
Share on other sites

I grabbed him for my kicker, but the more I look at the timeline the less enthused I am. 2 weeks after they pronounce him active which might be 2 weeks away anyway.So let's say they bring him back after the bye for week 11. Are you willing to hold someone for a month that at best is an injury prone player on the second to worst team in the league running in what may end up being an RBBC?

IR spot, go for it.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kball09 said:

I grabbed him for my kicker, but the more I look at the timeline the less enthused I am. 2 weeks after they pronounce him active which might be 2 weeks away anyway.So let's say they bring him back after the bye for week 11. Are you willing to hold someone for a month that at best is an injury prone player on the second to worst team in the league running in what may end up being an RBBC?

IR spot, go for it.

 

 

 

AP is trash and Thompson hasnt done squat. Guice could be a league winner if he comes back by the Fantasy playoffs check out his schedule

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, FANattic86 said:

 

AP is trash and Thompson hasnt done squat. Guice could be a league winner if he comes back by the Fantasy playoffs check out his schedule

 

And Guice has bum legs and will be running behind the same line that has contributed to AP being trash and CP doing "squat" (been fine for a third down back). You can get your hopes up all you want, but there's been no indication yet that Guice is a good NFL back yet, let alone one that can shine on this crappy offense. If you want to burn a spot for a month to find out I can't blame ya, but you 1) Can probably wait until it's a closer date and 2) Probably feel comfortable even if you miss out since Washington's offense isn't walking through that door anytime soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, kball09 said:

 

And Guice has bum legs and will be running behind the same line that has contributed to AP being trash and CP doing "squat" (been fine for a third down back). You can get your hopes up all you want, but there's been no indication yet that Guice is a good NFL back yet, let alone one that can shine on this crappy offense. If you want to burn a spot for a month to find out I can't blame ya, but you 1) Can probably wait until it's a closer date and 2) Probably feel comfortable even if you miss out since Washington's offense isn't walking through that door anytime soon.

 

Guice was a top RB prospect coming out of college and is still only 22. 

Guice looked good in camp this year. 

Guice got the start week 1 and AP was not even activated. 

Guice had a rough week 1, but was playing against the Eagles Defense that has been very tough for even the best RBs this year. 

The Redskins are going nowhere and have every reason to give Guice a legit chance to be the every down back when he gets back. 

Of course Guice could get hurt again, he could suck, the Redskins could be the death of any RB. We all knew the negatives before you chimed in. Without these negatives he wouldn't be in the FA pool.

But there are very few free agents available that have a clear path to the #1 RB spot for the playoff run. Guice is one of them. He is 22 and will have fresh legs and the skins have ZERO reason to limit his carries or play Apete ahead of him. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Guice was seen "running drills. Ran the whole field, did some dynamic exercises. Last week, Bill Callahan said it was possible he might return to practice this week." 

 

Grabbed him last week since I had a spot to burn. If Guice can be back after the week 10 bye, he could really help some teams in the playoffs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We just watched a guys knee cap come off and he may be back in 3 weeks. I am still optimistic with modern science that Guice will be ok. 

Problem is, he is coming back to the Redskins. Im not sure Mccafrey would do much on that offense. 

Edited by Duckbutter
Link to post
Share on other sites

AP apparently was injured during the game yesterday too?  Obviously Guice won't be ready right away but if he is indeed healthy (a big IF), then there may be some opportunity here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...