NBC Sports Edge Forums

Derrius Guice 2019 Outlook

17 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

I just read that AP is gonna try to gut it out tonight in the "revenge game" against his former team though he has a high ankle sprain.  Not too smart on his part, imo.  I don't expect him to do much at all tonight and he will likely be limited.

Thats good let AP play and tweak it some more. We all know high ankle sprain is long term injury. Just look at barkley came back after 3 weeks and limping around.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rotoworld on Sunday:  the Redskins aren't likely to make Guice a workhorse in 2019 given his injury history. Guice is a bench stash and low-end flex play for those in trouble. Rotoworl

Try watching it again once you sober up a bit.

Competitive leagues don't have IR spots I think Callahan dramatically lowers his value. If it was still Gruden I'd be on the train. But Callahan is an old school coach that will likely stick wit

Posted Images

He's posting a lot of videos of himself working out and he seems pretty amped to get back. Redskins would be silly to not play Guice and Haskins in the second half to show the future of the organization. Should be the move from a PR and ticket selling perspective.. Officially have him stashed in my IR spot.

8 minutes ago, KidDynamite420 said:

He's posting a lot of videos of himself working out and he seems pretty amped to get back. Redskins would be silly to not play Guice and Haskins in the second half to show the future of the organization. Should be the move from a PR and ticket selling perspective.. Officially have him stashed in my IR spot.

Whoa, guice maybe, but haskins aint ready.  Not all picks need to play year 1.  Dont want anyone messing with scary terry

• Like 1

If you want him, you will need to grab him this week or next week. He can't play before week 11 but you'll definitely start hearing about him this week and competitive leagues will jump on him right away.

• Like 1

AP's looked pretty good since BC took over. Averaging 4.8 YPC with 91 YPG. When Guice gets healthy he will have a role, but far and away the most likely scenario is that AP is the lead back. He's a freak of a human so good luck betting on him getting injured/being significantly slowed by an ankle sprain. Guice is worth a speculative add if you have the room but I wouldn't be running to get him.

11 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

AP's looked pretty good since BC took over. Averaging 4.8 YPC with 91 YPG. When Guice gets healthy he will have a role, but far and away the most likely scenario is that AP is the lead back. He's a freak of a human so good luck betting on him getting injured/being significantly slowed by an ankle sprain. Guice is worth a speculative add if you have the room but I wouldn't be running to get him.

It has nothing to do with who's the better back. It's a lost season and coming into year 3 the team needs to know if Guice can even play in the NFL. Otherwise they will need to draft another RB (which they will probably do anyway).

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, n4sa said:

......and competitive leagues will jump on him right away.

In competitive leagues, he's been riding an IR slot all along. 

• Like 2

Competitive leagues don't have IR spots :)

I think Callahan dramatically lowers his value. If it was still Gruden I'd be on the train. But Callahan is an old school coach that will likely stick with AP until there's a blatant reason to make a change. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, kball09 said:

I think Callahan dramatically lowers his value. If it was still Gruden I'd be on the train. But Callahan is an old school coach that will likely stick with AP until there's a blatant reason to make a change. 

We wont know until he plays, he is definitely worth a roster spot if you have it.

1 hour ago, kball09 said:

Absolutely disagree with the first statement. 

Absolutely agree with the second statement. Adrian is roughly 400 yds away from moving into 5th on the all-time rushing list, and Callahan is going to get him there, no matter what. 

Worth a flyer at this point in the season regardless of how you view the PT split or role once he returns.   We're entering week 9 and any chance you get at adding a potential starting RB, or even a potential leader of a committee, you have to do it if your roster composition allows it.   

And yes IR spots in fantasy football are stupid.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Adrian is roughly 400 yds away from moving into 5th on the all-time rushing list, and Callahan is going to get him there, no matter what. 

Perfect.  Let the crazy old bastard run AP right into the IR just in time for Guice to get back.

• Haha 1

At this point in their careers, Guice is definitely the more well-rounded RB. I can't really see where a split backfield will work. Guice has to be the guy when he returns. If they did split I believe it would be where each back gets in on a full drive and one just spells the other for extended drives. But I mean, it's the Redskins so long drives aren't really a concern). I see absolutely no reason for them to keep AD ahead on the depth chart once Guice returns. They'll go after another RB in the draft, but I think how aggressive they are in earlier rounds will depend on how Guice looks ROS when he returns to the field. Trent Williams coming back is huge.

16 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

At this point in their careers, Guice is definitely the more well-rounded RB. I can't really see where a split backfield will work. Guice has to be the guy when he returns. If they did split I believe it would be where each back gets in on a full drive and one just spells the other for extended drives. But I mean, it's the Redskins so long drives aren't really a concern). I see absolutely no reason for them to keep AD ahead on the depth chart once Guice returns. They'll go after another RB in the draft, but I think how aggressive they are in earlier rounds will depend on how Guice looks ROS when he returns to the field. Trent Williams coming back is huge.

As mentioned earlier, they want ad to move up the all time list. Guice will get hurt almost immediately anyways

1 minute ago, Dr. Whom said:

As mentioned earlier, they want ad to move up the all time list. Guice will get hurt almost immediately anyways

tenor.gif?itemid=5102428

Yeah, let's worry about an all-time list when we need to assess the pieces we have in preparation for the draft. That makes zero sense and Guice was going to be the lead back going into the season anyway. So, the all-time list argument is just ridiculous. He's going to the Hall of Fame. If the all-time list is important, I'm sure he can finish his career in Miami.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5102428

Yeah, let's worry about an all-time list when we need to assess the pieces we have in preparation for the draft. That makes zero sense and Guice was going to be the lead back going into the season anyway. So, the all-time list argument is just ridiculous. He's going to the Hall of Fame. If the all-time list is important, I'm sure he can finish his career in Miami.

You’re talking like the only place teams assess their pieces is during actual games. I believe that at this very moment, the front office knows if it’s planning to draft a RB or not and about how early they want to grab one. Guice is going to get his touches, but I simply disagree with your belief that Callahan isn’t going to get AP his 400 more yards this year. What else do they have to play for? You think the only way they can assess Guice is if he gets 20-25 touches or something? They’re more likely to see how Guice handles 12-15 touches and treat their perceived RB of the future with kid gloves in the season in which he’s coming off multiple ACL surgeries and a hammy injury...leaving plenty of touches for Peterson to reach his milestone. 

Anyway...jmho. I could be wrong. Wouldn’t be the first time. Lol. Frankly, I hope they kick AP to the curb and make Guice THE back. Lol. 

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

You’re talking like the only place teams assess their pieces is during actual games. I believe that at this very moment, the front office knows if it’s planning to draft a RB or not and about how early they want to grab one. Guice is going to get his touches, but I simply disagree with your belief that Callahan isn’t going to get AP his 400 more yards this year. What else do they have to play for? You think the only way they can assess Guice is if he gets 20-25 touches or something? They’re more likely to see how Guice handles 12-15 touches and treat their perceived RB of the future with kid gloves in the season in which he’s coming off multiple ACL surgeries and a hammy injury...leaving plenty of touches for Peterson to reach his milestone. 

Anyway...jmho. I could be wrong. Wouldn’t be the first time. Lol. Frankly, I hope they kick AP to the curb and make Guice THE back. Lol. 

Lmao, you think the only thing they have to play for is an all-time list of a 34 year old running back that's only been in their organization for a year?

They are playing to keep their jobs. A 400 yard rushing milestone isn't going to give this team any spark. A young running back who has the potential to be the future of this team will though. If Guice shines in the last few games of the season. It gives fans something to look forward to $$$$$.

Edited by n4sa
  • Like 1

Having a hard time seeing the value in holding him in redraft right now.

First, you have to hold until week 11. When he comes back, who knows if AP will be in the mix.

Not to mention, if Haskins steps in the whole offense could just be a big mess. Could you trust him? Certainly, the odds of him being a high ceiling play are low.

With limited roster spots there just seem like there are other higher ranked lotto tickets.

It's not about the organization wanting a milestone for AP -- that's ridiculous. Bill Callahan is an NFL dinosaur and an interim coach looking to win games. He's trying to secure a permanent position. Peterson has looked good since the coaching change. BC's not gonna hand a workhorse role to a 2nd-year player who is always injured/hasn't proven squat. Best you could hope for would be a three man committee once Thompson returns. The offense is barely competent enough to support one fantasy RB let alone three.

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

I simply disagree with your belief that Callahan isn’t going to get AP his 400 more yards this year. What else do they have to play for? 

Callahan is going to play the best players.  He is finally getting another chance to prove he can be a head coach in the NFL.  You think he cares about Peterson after toiling for 20 some years or whatever as an assistant?

He’d piss in Adrian Peterson’s helmet if it would get him another head coaching job.

Callahan is playing his best players unless he’s told by his boss to do something else....

• Haha 2