NBC Sports Edge Forums

Derrius Guice 2019 Outlook

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rotoworld on Sunday:  the Redskins aren't likely to make Guice a workhorse in 2019 given his injury history. Guice is a bench stash and low-end flex play for those in trouble. Rotoworl

Try watching it again once you sober up a bit.

Competitive leagues don't have IR spots I think Callahan dramatically lowers his value. If it was still Gruden I'd be on the train. But Callahan is an old school coach that will likely stick wit

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Nice.  I forgive you for your gaffe with the "Jets are a horrible matchup for RBs".  Haha.

well, not so much a gaffe as a fckup of my interpretation of the Gains charts ... but, yeah, horrible on my part - apologies to all for disseminating such erroneous info ... i shoulda known when i was shocked that there were ghosts in the machine somewhere. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

Guicey Guice, who gonna roll the dice?

Has coach said anything about Guice vs. AP?

I'm guessing that since they're going young, he'll get a bunch of the carries to see how he works out. 

That said, even with touches, is he enough to merit starter touches? Questionable, questionable....

I have him firmly in RB3 land, with the likes of Miles Sanders, James White, Royce Freeman.  Guys you don't really want to start but you will if you have to and hope for like 6-8 points.

Man, I hope this guy can get enough touches down the stretch. It's been said, but that schedule is delicious outside of the Eagles. Bunch of bottom-five offenses against the run and the Giants.

Edited by LongBalls
8 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

AP sat out the Thursday practice before his last game too. Coming off a bye I don't see him being in any danger of missing this game. Just rest for an older back. 

This. No practice for AP doesn't mean anything. Vet's day rest nothing more. I'm so desperate for an RB2 I might have to start Guice. At least he figures to be the 3rd down back sprinkled in on some other series, am I right?

11 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

AP sat out the Thursday practice before his last game too. Coming off a bye I don't see him being in any danger of missing this game. Just rest for an older back. 

2 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

This. No practice for AP doesn't mean anything. Vet's day rest nothing more. I'm so desperate for an RB2 I might have to start Guice. At least he figures to be the 3rd down back sprinkled in on some other series, am I right?

i don't recall seeing anyone post that AP was gonna be out, ergo "SO FIRE UP GUICE 30 TOUCHES INCOMING ZOMG!!!1!!!1!"

I simply posted the practice updates, no commentary, just info ... poster after me said IF AP sits, not AP WILL sit. 

there is nuance here, we should be savvy enuff posters to gauge that ... now, had someone gone all facacta about Guice being the last guy standing, sure ... then i could see the responses i quoted as having merit. 

gl to all

• Thanks 1
22 hours ago, Brownsfan74 said:

I have him firmly in RB3 land, with the likes of Miles Sanders, James White, Royce Freeman.  Guys you don't really want to start but you will if you have to and hope for like 6-8 points.

You play standard? James white is a monster in PPR. Agree with the rest though. 

9 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

pending tonite's outcomes (have 2 slots going) - if i gotta swing for upside on Sunday (ppr) im'ma slot him in 🤷‍♂️

Wait........ Guice is your upside play?  I'm scared to ask who your safe play is.

• Haha 1
Just now, JJ1223 said:

Wait........ Guice is your upside play?  I'm scared to ask who your safe play is.

in PPR, yes ... the cat i'd be benching for him does nada in the passing game. 

thanks for your concern, though ... warms the cockles - got a fuzzy "feel good" vibe - made my day 👉👌

• Haha 1

So it appears @pastorofmuppets2 may not have been too far off to begin with, because while the stats I posted for fantasy points allowed to RBs still stand (Jets allowing right about the average to the position), there's a lot of analysts today pointing out that the Jets are sitting at #2 at DVOA against the run (essentially, points allowed once adjusted for opponent, game situation, score, field position, and other factors). 

I'm still inclined to consider them still in the mediocre area of run defenses, simply because the DVOA seems to indicate what is already obvious - that they allowed a lot of RB points to great offenses, allowed middling production to average offenses, and were able to stop the bad ones.

That said, where you value Guice this week will probably depend on how you view the Redskins offense in its current state - do you consider them more average, along the lines of Buffalo, that can eke out some points with the right gameplan? Or do you view them as a simply bad offense like Miami, that won't be able to overcome a rush defense that puts up even moderate resistance?

12 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

Really hoping AP sits this week out. With bye weeks and other inconsistent performers,I would love to see what I have in this kid. Hopefully he can stay on the field and be healthy.

I can imagine Adrian Peterson will become just another Frank Gore, crushing understudy souls. Hopefully Guice can make the most of his Chris Thompson touches.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I can imagine Adrian Peterson will become just another Frank Gore, crushing understudy souls. Hopefully Guice can make the most of his Chris Thompson touches.

If Guice can be the CT in this offense down the stretch, he could win some leagues for people.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

If Guice can be the CT in this offense down the stretch, he could win some leagues for people.

If by "win some leagues" you actually mean:  play week 12 & 13 and then get injured and sit the entire playoffs.

Dudes made of glass.

Edited by Flynfiesta6