NBC Sports Edge Forums

Derrius Guice 2019 Outlook

On 11/14/2019 at 3:20 PM, DekuTree said:

So it appears @pastorofmuppets2 may not have been too far off to begin with, because while the stats I posted for fantasy points allowed to RBs still stand (Jets allowing right about the average to the position), there's a lot of analysts today pointing out that the Jets are sitting at #2 at DVOA against the run (essentially, points allowed once adjusted for opponent, game situation, score, field position, and other factors). 

I'm still inclined to consider them still in the mediocre area of run defenses, simply because the DVOA seems to indicate what is already obvious - that they allowed a lot of RB points to great offenses, allowed middling production to average offenses, and were able to stop the bad ones.

That said, where you value Guice this week will probably depend on how you view the Redskins offense in its current state - do you consider them more average, along the lines of Buffalo, that can eke out some points with the right gameplan? Or do you view them as a simply bad offense like Miami, that won't be able to overcome a rush defense that puts up even moderate resistance?

just to follow up ...

• Like 1
  • Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rotoworld on Sunday:  the Redskins aren't likely to make Guice a workhorse in 2019 given his injury history. Guice is a bench stash and low-end flex play for those in trouble. Rotoworl

Try watching it again once you sober up a bit.

Competitive leagues don't have IR spots I think Callahan dramatically lowers his value. If it was still Gruden I'd be on the train. But Callahan is an old school coach that will likely stick wit

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

just to follow up ...

Makes what the Redskins did more impressive considering they didn't have a god awful ypc. The point is: attack the Jets with pass catching backs. Guice made some serious good moves. How can anyone not start him in a flex next week? Detroit is just god awful

• Like 1
1 hour ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Makes what the Redskins did more impressive considering they didn't have a god awful ypc. The point is: attack the Jets with pass catching backs. Guice made some serious good moves. How can anyone not start him in a flex next week? Detroit is just god awful

If you have a good team guice wouldn’t be anywhere near your flex spot.

1 minute ago, StevenSC400 said:

Care to elaborate? You don't think he'll he a top 36 rb against the worst defense in the league, when he just was a top 20 rb against the hardest rb matchup in the league, while trailing? 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Care to elaborate? You don't think he'll he a top 36 rb against the worst defense in the league, when he just was a top 20 rb against the hardest rb matchup in the league, while trailing? 

Its the NFL. Anyone can have a good game Against anyone at any given time. It wasn’t  even a run. He caught a pass and had wide open running lanes. Anyone could have made that run. He didn’t do anything special besides run the sidelines. Why would I want to start a RB in a split on a bad team. Wait till Thompson gets back too. No thanks.

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 1
51 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Not everyone plays in 8-10man leagues. With bye weeks, someone who played Guice last week was rewarded with a solid outing so yes, playing him last week paid off.

Moreover, many people play in keeper and dynasty leagues and what Guice does the rest of the year can have big implications going forward. What he did last week was a step in the right direction.

As for Thompson he hasn't even practiced since week 6. I believe his contract is up this year and he might not even be back.  

It took Gordon a few games to get his football legs back after his holdout. I don't doubt it will take Guice a few more games to get back into full football shape. Easing him in is probably a good idea but come fantasy playoff time Guice could be looking at more work if he continues to play well.

10 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

Not everyone plays in 8-10man leagues. With bye weeks, someone who played Guice last week was rewarded with a solid outing so yes, playing him last week paid off.

Moreover, many people play in keeper and dynasty leagues and what Guice does the rest of the year can have big implications going forward. What he did last week was a step in the right direction.

As for Thompson he hasn't even practiced since week 6. I believe his contract is up this year and he might not even be back.  

It took Gordon a few games to get his football legs back after his holdout. I don't doubt it will take Guice a few more games to get back into full football shape. Easing him in is probably a good idea but come fantasy playoff time Guice could be looking at more work if he continues to play well.

No one is talking about keepers here. We’re talking about a flex play. I get deep leagues but the original poster didn’t say that. He said how can anyone not start guice at flex. And I could easily leave guice out of a flex spot in 12-10 team leagues. 

The problem is that Adrian Peterson is the starter and it's staying that way. Peterson won't be getting benched for Guice, and so it's no dice for Guice. At least this year.

Guice didn't even get a touch until mid way through the second quarter the last game. I can't see starting Guice unless Peterson goes down. 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, MurderInc said:

The problem is that Adrian Peterson is the starter and it's staying that way. Peterson won't be getting benched for Guice, and so it's no dice for Guice. At least this year.

Guice didn't even get a touch until mid way through the second quarter the last game. I can't see starting Guice unless Peterson goes down. 

Scared money make no money...he's a great stash

• Like 2
2 hours ago, MurderInc said:

I don't care when my players get points, as long as they do

• Like 2

AD has been getting a routine vet day, so I wouldn't get excited until Friday. We've seen this before with his ankle. The guy was pretty banged up and then shows up on game day perfectly fine.

Edited by FitzMagic