NBC Sports Edge Forums

Derrius Guice 2019 Outlook

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rotoworld on Sunday:  the Redskins aren't likely to make Guice a workhorse in 2019 given his injury history. Guice is a bench stash and low-end flex play for those in trouble. Rotoworl

Try watching it again once you sober up a bit.

Competitive leagues don't have IR spots I think Callahan dramatically lowers his value. If it was still Gruden I'd be on the train. But Callahan is an old school coach that will likely stick wit

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

AP has missed practice 1-2 days a week all year.  Nothing to see here until he is actually declared inactive. THEN it's real.

honest question, do you believe the turf toe tag is BS?

toe tag pun confirmed.

3 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Did he have the toe issue last week? That's new I thought...

When they are resting a guy they seem to be able to put whatever injury they want on the injury report.  Similar to what they have done with McCaffery and others.  

You'd think if it was really a turf toe injury there would be more reporting on it.

2 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

honest question, do you believe the turf toe tag is BS?

toe tag pun confirmed.

I have little doubt that he has some sort of nagging injury, sure.  He's older than dirt in NFL terms and has been playing all season, it's to be expected that he's less than 100%.  Do I believe it is something that would truly hold him out of practice? No, he's a vet and gets vet rest days just like any 30+ year old RB should.

3 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

It's BS until proven otherwise.

Just now, JJ1223 said:

I have little doubt that he has some sort of nagging injury, sure.  He's older than dirt in NFL terms and has been playing all season, it's to be expected that he's less than 100%.  Do I believe it is something that would truly hold him out of practice? No, he's a vet and gets vet rest days just like any 30+ year old RB should.

Beat writer says...

Washington running back Adrian Peterson didn’t practice on Wednesday with a toe injury..... Hoffman also noted that Peterson was “limping pretty good Monday” and said not to be surprised if Peterson “doesn’t play this week.”

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Beat writer says...

Washington running back Adrian Peterson didn’t practice on Wednesday with a toe injury..... Hoffman also noted that Peterson was “limping pretty good Monday” and said not to be surprised if Peterson “doesn’t play this week.”

Don't get me wrong, I've got Guice sitting on my bench and a burning hole in my flex spot.  As a diehard Lions fan who has suffered through every snap on defense all year I know how juicy this matchup is.  I want nothing more than AP to be ruled out.  I'm just saying, you can look through the injury reports yourself, this is par for the course for AP all year.  I'm tempering expectations at least until he misses practice tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Don't get me wrong, I've got Guice sitting on my bench and a burning hole in my flex spot.  As a diehard Lions fan who has suffered through every snap on defense all year I know how juicy this matchup is.  I want nothing more than AP to be ruled out.  I'm just saying, you can look through the injury reports yourself, this is par for the course for AP all year.  I'm tempering expectations at least until he misses practice tomorrow.

10-4

I think even if AP is active, he'll be limited. I think they want to taper him back down the stretch but keep him in the mix to spell Guice a bit to keep him healthy. Here's to hoping Guice can produce on a mediocre workload and good schedule.

Edited by Members_Only_76
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

10-4

I think even if AP is active, he'll be limited. I think they want to phase him out down the stretch but keep him in the mix to spell Guice a bit to keep him healthy. Here's to hoping Guice can produce on a mediocre workload and good schedule.

Logically, yes, this makes perfect sense.  It's what you and I would do.  The problem is, this is the Redskins R-Words, and logic does not apply.  Callahan could very well ride AP into the dirt simply because he's the vet in the RB room and Guice isn't.  I hope I'm wrong, but am I going to bet my fantasy season on it? Ehhh...

Edited by JJ1223
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
41 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

10-4

I think even if AP is active, he'll be limited. I think they want to taper him back down the stretch but keep him in the mix to spell Guice a bit to keep him healthy. Here's to hoping Guice can produce on a mediocre workload and good schedule.

LOLLLLL... taper AP down WHAT stretch. The Redskins are 1-9 and out of playoffs. They stretching for Tua fam

Edited by GenerallyPoorAdvice
1 minute ago, Members_Only_76 said:

uh ok, I just meant the stretch of the remaining schedule.

Your logic was based on trying to keep AP healthy... for what. I'm in agreement we should see Guice a lot more towards the end but its not about keeping AP arbitrarily healthy at this point. Technically the are on the hook for $3 mill next year but I'm sure its more important to see what Guice can do.

3 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Tua?  The guy who will probably never play again because he broke his hip like Bo Jackson did?

They're already saying he'll resume throwing in the spring. The injury was nowhere near as impactful as Bo.

2 minutes ago, GenerallyPoorAdvice said:

Your logic was based on trying to keep AP healthy... for what. I'm in agreement we should see Guice a lot more towards the end but its not about keeping AP arbitrarily healthy at this point. Technically the are on the hook for $3 mill next year but I'm sure its more important to see what Guice can do.

my comment was about keeping Guice healthy.

in other words, the only reason to give AP touches down the stretch is to spell Guice once in a while.

On 11/20/2019 at 1:48 PM, FitzMagic said:

AD has been getting a routine vet day, so I wouldn't get excited until Friday. We've seen this before with his ankle. The guy was pretty banged up and then shows up on game day perfectly fine.

2 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

Why can't i get a break.  Whyyyyyy.  AP please go away.