NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Derrius Guice 2019 Outlook

Joe Odam

1 hour ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

Feeling really iffy on starting him. Anyone got some info on usage? Someone please tell me it’s gonna be alright and he’s gonna beast.....

Nobody knows.

Just have to hope he's earned at least a split with AP. That would be enough against the DET run D. 

At a minimum he had first team reps m/t/w/t with APs toe. The difference had to be drastic to HC. AP is toast. DG is the future. It’s not like Traskins is anywhere near leading a team without being wildly inconsistent and overwhelmed. DG probably learned to run before he walked and running should be the recipe for Wash to keep from damaging the rookie QBs development. But Wash as an organization is in total denial and has a bunch of tards pulling the strings.

• Like 3

If the game gets a bit out of hand with Detroit winning big and Washington having to pass, we have to assume we’d get more Guice than AP.  I doubt they’d play Wendell Smallwood all the time in that kind of gamescript.   

Right?

Edited by Iron-cock

8 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

If the game gets a bit out of hand with Detroit winning big and Washington having to pass, we have to assume we’d get more Guice than AP.  I doubt they’d play Wendell Smallwood all the time in that kind of gamescript.   

Right?

I would believe this would be the script, ap definitely won't see the field if they get behind.

Quit overthinking it, Detroit has a toilet paper Run Defense.. Thompson is out.. Guice got ALL 1st team reps this week with AP sitting.. AP will be irrelevant.

No brainer here!! Guice will eat today no doubt! Fire Him Up Boys!

15-114 2TDs  3recs for 27

Edited by Tomei7
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

I’m going to start him in non ppr over Michel. It’s worth a shot vs the Lions D even if he only gets 11-12 touches. 

Me too. I’m expecting 12+ points.  Sony line 13/26/0/ 1 fumble.

3 minutes ago, jgreen said:

Aren't we overlooking the fact that smallwood played 46% of the snaps and 3 targets last week vs 29% for Guice w/ 2 targets and 25% for AP also with 2 targets?

In my fantasy warped brain I’m telling myself it was only because it was Guice’s first game back. 

He split carries evenly with Adrian Peterson and Guice only produced 32 yards rushing with one reception for 6 yards against one of the worst run defenses in the NFL. Chris Thompson will resume his third down receiving back duties when he returns which is most likely next week, which means Guice won't be used in the passing game. Peterson isn't going away this year, he wants to keep climbing up the record books. 

I'm most likely dropping Guice in all formats this week, especially full point PPR and half point PPR. His future is bright, just not this year. 

2 minutes ago, MurderInc said:

He split carries evenly with Adrian Peterson and Guice only produced 32 yards rushing with one reception for 6 yards against one of the worst run defenses in the NFL. Chris Thompson will resume his third down receiving back duties when he returns which is most likely next week, which means Guice won't be used in the passing game. Peterson isn't going away this year, he wants to keep climbing up the record books. 

I'm most likely dropping Guice in all formats this week, especially full point PPR and half point PPR. His future is bright, just not this year. 

Agreed- new info now and it's just not gonna happen with the trash coach and lost year