NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nick Chubb 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

Yeah, they can run all day and go pro set. What they need is a new coaching staff though. No way they should be having these offensive problems.

that's what happens when you trade away your best o-lineman (zeitler)

a bad o-line can ruin everything

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is pretty simple guys. Don’t overthink it.  If I’m able to get Chubb in my draft, the coaches would be idiots to have Hunt spell him when he’s beasting. If I’m not able to get Chubb in

Chubb when Hunt returns  

Chubb hasn't taken the field once as Hunt has been used exclusively as the first team running back in the dress rehearsal. If people think Hunt isn't going to be on the better side of the split when h

Posted Images

I’m a buffalo fan and are main weakness is stopping Rbs especially ones that are physical and break tackles.  I’m also a nick Chubb owner and I’m telling you that Chubb going to explode and trust me he’s going to be running with a purpose this week .  20+ points 100% 

• Like 2

Seems like they would be wise to adopt what the Chargers did last week against GB, or the Cardinals did to Atlanta.

Similarly, both these other teams had offensive line issues, two talented backs and WR depth that was somewhat questionable.  Feature both on the field at the same time, use one in the backfield and one at the LOS lined up in a typical WR spot. 

1 hour ago, Chippa said:

and obj

obj is worthless when the line is bad. Shouldve's just kept Zeitler and went with a run heavy mentality. Hindsight is 50/50 though

Not that I'm disagreeing with you at all.. but evidently Baker Mayfield has been the worst QB in the league with a clean pocket as well lol... I'm not willing to let him and Kitchens off the hook at all they're pathetic. OBJ is worthless because of those two schmucks, they could literally dumb down the play calling and just run Chubb and throw OBJ slants etc with a play action shot occasionally but that would be too logical for them.

Edited by CroNY
6 minutes ago, CroNY said:

Not that I'm disagreeing with you at all.. but evidently Baker Mayfield has been the worst QB in the league with a clean pocket as well lol... I'm not willing to let him and Kitchens off the hook at all they're pathetic. OBJ is worthless because of those two schmucks, they could literally dumb down the play calling and just run Chubb and throw OBJ slants etc with a play action shot occasionally but that would be too logical for them.

agree with that too

4 hours ago, Chippa said:

that's what happens when you trade away your best o-lineman (zeitler)

a bad o-line can ruin everything

The Browns are a failure of an organization. I’ve stated this multiple times on this forum but issues with teams start at the top not the bottom or middle. That’s why even if some of these teams get it handed to them on a platter it’s only a matter of time before they f--- it up again (JAX). Same in reverse if everything goes wrong a good organization will be relevant again (SF). 

Point being, Browns are pathetically run and even though they seemingly have everything right they have nothing right. It’s like building an incredible house with an amazing view on a horrible foundation. The issues don’t even start with Kitchens. It’s beyond that and frankly I doubt it gets fixed anytime soon. 

How dumb do you have to be to trade the second most valuable position (offensive lineman) for a luxury (WR)? That trade never made sense. Then they also throw in a promising safety which is also more valuable than a WR and then some. I understand Odell being a generational receiver but there’s priorities. SEA, NE, SF, and etc can afford to go after these guys because they have a foundation set. Just a sad team. Bring out the paper bags...

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Proteus said:

Well I was told I’d be 9-0 at this point if I drafted Chubb so...I kind of just have to take my lumps now.

Now that I’m 5-4 with a frustrating POS RB “1” just like most of the rest of the so called RB1s.

You are saying Chubb is a POS RB? Legitimately I want to know why you think something like that, [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed personal attack
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Gohawks said:

The Browns are a failure of an organization. I’ve stated this multiple times on this forum but issues with teams start at the top not the bottom or middle. That’s why even if some of these teams get it handed to them on a platter it’s only a matter of time before they f--- it up again (JAX). Same in reverse if everything goes wrong a good organization will be relevant again (SF). 

Point being, Browns are pathetically run and even though they seemingly have everything right they have nothing right. It’s like building an incredible house with an amazing view on a horrible foundation. The issues don’t even start with Kitchens. It’s beyond that and frankly I doubt it gets fixed anytime soon. 

How dumb do you have to be to trade the second most valuable position (offensive lineman) for a luxury (WR)? That trade never made sense. Then they also throw in a promising safety which is also more valuable than a WR and then some. I understand Odell being a generational receiver but there’s priorities. SEA, NE, SF, and etc can afford to go after these guys because they have a foundation set. Just a sad team. Bring out the paper bags...

I kinda get it for them, just given their recent history prior to 2018.

They had one of the best left tackles of their generation for decade and then a bunch of other guys along the line who showed promise at one point or another.

BUUUUUUUT...if you're putting up great protection for Brian Hoyer trying to get the ball to Andrew Hawkins, well it's kinda like the koan about the tree falling in the forrest and no one being around to hear it.

So with Mayfield (who looked promising in starts last year) and Chubb they swung too hard the other way.

I can't help but wonder if Joe Thomas was still playing and was healthy how this group would look.

Such is life.

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

either they smoke screening the Bison, or Hunt has shown up fat, lazy ... and stoooopit

the practice comment is most telling ... Hunt ain't ready

How does that quote reveal anything about Hunt not being ready to play? 

Chubb will still get his but Hunt is not just there to fill the Dontrell Hilliard role.. 

Just now, Olliemets said:

How does that quote reveal anything about Hunt not being ready to play? 

Chubb will still get his but Hunt is not just there to fill the Dontrell Hilliard role.. 

it reveals it to me, reading between the lines ...

if you see it any other way, coolio for you 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
4 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

either they smoke screening the Bison, or Hunt has shown up fat, lazy ... and stoooopit

the practice comment is most telling ... Hunt ain't ready

But...but...but...muh Chiefs highlights!

• Haha 4

Not saying it’s the same situation but when Melvin came back from his holdout he looked terrible for 4 weeks until he finally had a good game last week. 

Could see Hunt being rusty and not in game speed for a few weeks at least. 

If you’re trying to sell Chubb it might be best to wait a week or two before trading him away