NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nick Chubb 2019 Outlook

4 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

um, he didn't outscore him week 6 and week 7 Chubb was on bye. lmfao #factcheckerrrrrrrrsssss

Add up chubbs last 4 weeks (obviously use the week before his bye) in PPR. Add up Jamal Williams the last 4 weeks in PPR. Get back to me. 

#factcheckerrrrrrrrsssss

Edited by Ryansm11
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is pretty simple guys. Don’t overthink it.  If I’m able to get Chubb in my draft, the coaches would be idiots to have Hunt spell him when he’s beasting. If I’m not able to get Chubb in

Chubb when Hunt returns  

Chubb hasn't taken the field once as Hunt has been used exclusively as the first team running back in the dress rehearsal. If people think Hunt isn't going to be on the better side of the split when h

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

You mean the guy who has outscored chubb the last 4 weeks? 

Bro I hear you, Hunt is a great player and very well what you're saying could happen...... in like 4 weeks.  But Chubb has exceeded every expectation and knows this team and has been playing all year.  I don't know how you can say Hunt is going to come in and be the better/preferred back to the guy who has the 2nd most YPG of all running backs this year. And if that's not what you are saying, what ARE you saying? Anybody in hear saying that Hunt isn't a good running back is crazy, but I think to say that he's going to take over in anyway is just as ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, fullonchubb said:

Bro I hear you, Hunt is a great player and very well what you're saying could happen...... in like 4 weeks.  But Chubb has exceeded every expectation and knows this team and has been playing all year.  I don't know how you can say Hunt is going to come in and be the better/preferred back to the guy who has the 2nd most YPG of all running backs this year. And if that's not what you are saying, what ARE you saying? Anybody in hear saying that Hunt isn't a good running back is crazy, but I think to say that he's going to take over in anyway is just as ridiculous.

I don’t think hunt is going to take over at all. They aren’t going to banish Chubb to the shadow realm lmao. I would guess 60/40. Maybe 50/50. I’m saying hunt is a year removed from an NFL rushing crown and still in his prime. He’s going to be used. All the Chubb owners in here just can’t handle the truth. I don’t even own either guy lmao. 

1 minute ago, Ryansm11 said:

I don’t think hunt is going to take over at all. They aren’t going to banish Chubb to the shadow realm lmao. I would guess 60/40. Maybe 50/50. I’m saying hunt is a year removed from an NFL rushing crown and still in his prime. He’s going to be used. All the Chubb owners in here just can’t handle the truth. I don’t even own either guy lmao. 

Dude.

No one is saying he "won't be used."

But you repeatedly saying "I don't either guy" don't mean squat.

All you're doing is acknowledging who Hunt once was, a year ago.  For another team.

You're not acknowledging who Chubb is.  Right now.  For this team.  Which is a guy who has been averaging about the same amount of rushing yards per game as Christian McCaffrey. 

• Like 4

That's a much more fair argument.  From everyone's reactions it seemed like you were saying Chubb blows and Hunt is going to take over.

That split is VERY possible, especially with how good Hunt is and the Browns totally blowing this season, but that split won't happen right away if at all.  It'll take a few weeks for him to get into that swing if that's what Kitchens wants.  Look at MG3, took him and the team several weeks to get him back into the swing.  Not a perfect comparison but it's close.

2 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Dude.

No one is saying he "won't be used."

But you repeatedly saying "I don't either guy" don't mean squat.

All you're doing is acknowledging who Hunt once was, a year ago.  For another team.

You're not acknowledging who Chubb is.  Right now.  For this team.  Which is a guy who has been averaging about the same amount of rushing yards per game as Christian McCaffrey. 

I’m saying that because you keep talking about Hunt cheerleaders when I don’t own the dude or really think he’s all that great. Chubb right now, is absolutely a beast. Who’s already been in less then favorable snap counts (65% or less) 50% of his games so far. That’s with Hilliard behind him. My argument was when it goes from Hillard to a guy with an actual NFL pedigree it’s probably going to be 60/40 closer to 100% of the time. 

4 minutes ago, fullonchubb said:

That's a much more fair argument.  From everyone's reactions it seemed like you were saying Chubb blows and Hunt is going to take over.

That split is VERY possible, especially with how good Hunt is and the Browns totally blowing this season, but that split won't happen right away if at all.  It'll take a few weeks for him to get into that swing if that's what Kitchens wants.  Look at MG3, took him and the team several weeks to get him back into the swing.  Not a perfect comparison but it's close.

I think thats a great comparison and I agree. Chubb is a monster, was a higher draft pick, played for a bigger school, and is a better athlete. I’m not taking anything away from him what so ever. Hunt will never take over this back field. However, if hillard can get in as many snaps as he is you better believe hunt will be doing similar if not more. 

15 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

60/40 In favor of Chubb

That’s what I was thinking. Plenty of opportunity for Hunt to return nice flex value.

and all the talk about Hunt being out for awhile...he wasn’t injured and it looks like he’s been keeping in shape. Did he all of a sudden forgot how to run? Lmao

Edited by bhawks489
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

if hillard can get in as many snaps as he is you better believe hunt will be doing similar if not more. 

I mean, this just makes all the sense in the world unfortunately for me.

3 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Chubb is a monster, was a higher draft pick, played for a bigger school, and is a better athlete. I’m not taking anything away from him what so ever. Hunt will never take over this back field.

For everyone jumping all over this dude for being a Chubb hater.

• Thanks 1

I’m saying that because you keep talking about Hunt cheerleaders when I don’t own the dude or really think he’s all that great. Chubb right now, is absolutely a beast. Who’s already been in less then favorable snap counts (65% or less) 50% of his games so far. That’s with Hilliard behind him. My argument was when it goes from Hillard to a guy with an actual NFL pedigree it’s probably going to be 60/40 closer to 100% of the time. 

You're stuck on this SNAP count thing, which has repeatedly been demonstrated as situational, and determined some sort of transitive property based on the idea that Hunt was a better RB for the Chiefs.

Look at it from another lens though.  Regardless of snap count percentages in a two game sample size, Hiliard has touched the ball 24 times this season.  Chubb - 179 times.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cle/2019.htm

Maybe Hunt just gets the same amount of snaps, they just actually use him.  Or maybe he isn't in game shape at all from not playing a game in a year.  Maybe he doesn't look as good when teams aren't playing against Patrick Mahomes and Tyreek Hill.

But there isn't a whole lot of evidence they're going to be taking Chubb OFF THE FIELD more when he's the #2 leading rusher in yards per game.

Make sense?

• Like 3

Chubb is a stud and a stud in this dumpster fire of a team no less. .  Peddling a narrative of Hunt having some type of substantial impact eh I don't see it.. I think he could end up being a solid flex play, but he's not your league winner or anything to that nature sorry. 

All of this being said Kitchens has proven to be anything but logical so I guess we shall see. . .

I have no horse in this race. 🐴

Edited by CroNY
  • Like 3
17 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

Best sentence in the last 10 pages of this thread.

28 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

You're stuck on this SNAP count thing, which has repeatedly been demonstrated as situational, and determined some sort of transitive property based on the idea that Hunt was a better RB for the Chiefs.

Look at it from another lens though.  Regardless of snap count percentages in a two game sample size, Hiliard has touched the ball 24 times this season.  Chubb - 179 times.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cle/2019.htm

Maybe Hunt just gets the same amount of snaps, they just actually use him.  Or maybe he isn't in game shape at all from not playing a game in a year.  Maybe he doesn't look as good when teams aren't playing against Patrick Mahomes and Tyreek Hill.

But there isn't a whole lot of evidence they're going to be taking Chubb OFF THE FIELD more when he's the #2 leading rusher in yards per game.

Make sense?

• Haha 1

I will say the more weapons Kitchens gets the more scared I get... Tell me you couldn't see a triple reverse or some nonsense developing at a glacial pace involving Hunt and Odell etc.. Opposed to just running Chubb or throwing Odell the ball, should be fun. 

Edited by CroNY

You can make a fair and logical argument for either side of the spectrum and for either players involvment. There's been multiple stances in this thread and the Hunt thread that are fair evaluations (albeit a TAD biased in most cases). 

Here's the issue. While a good chunk of people may attack this predicament with logic the Browns staff has consistently demonstrated a lack of logic in their decision making process. You can come to whatever conclusion you want but most people can see problems within the organization that they have failed to see. Even the biggest Hunt truther can admit that not having Chubb in on an extremely 4th down would be foolish in comparison to Hunt. Well, the coaching staff had Hilliard in on 4th and short. Just typing that sentence makes me want to throw my computer out the window. 

It's like playing poker with an individual that has never played before. It's frustrating because all your reads that you have developed over time are almost pointless. What they do and how they handle their hands, the initial flip, the river, and etc is so random and erratic that is is borderline pointless to come to a conclusion.

What i'm getting at is we will all know the situation within a matter of days. In this particular case, there is no point to argue because frankly with this staff it's impossible to know the outcome. Chubb can keep his exact role, it can be a 50/50 split, Hilliard can still be involved, and etc. Literally nothing would be shocking at this point and no one knows how the idiot brigade staff will proceed.

• Thanks 1

By the way, the most logical conclusion is that the amount of touches Chubb gets does not change. Hunt may get more snaps, they may run the ball more, they may use more two RB sets, and etc etc. However, the simplest conclusion is the Chubb will get 20 or so carries with a few receptions sprinked in.

The reasoning for this is because even with all the chaos, inconsistencies, increase in snap count for Chubb, and etc within the Browns organization Chubb has been within 4 carries of 20 in every single game and in half of the games he has gotten exactly 20. In other words, no matter what has happened Chubb has been the one consistent factor. As a Chubb owner this normally should give you confidence but my post above explains why in this case it shouldn't. That of course is the coaching staff:

300px-You_Are_Not_a_Clown._You_Are_The_E

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

By the way, the most logical conclusion is that the amount of touches Chubb gets does not change. Hunt may get more snaps, they may run the ball more, they may use more two RB sets, and etc etc. However, the simplest conclusion is the Chubb will get 20 or so carries with a few receptions sprinked in.

The reasoning for this is because even with all the chaos, inconsistencies, increase in snap count for Chubb, and etc within the Browns organization Chubb has been within 4 carries of 20 in every single game and in half of the games he has gotten exactly 20. In other words, no matter what has happened Chubb has been the one consistent factor. As a Chubb owner this normally should give you confidence but my post above explains why in this case it shouldn't. That of course is the coaching staff:

300px-You_Are_Not_a_Clown._You_Are_The_E

Terrible coaching staff (and offensive line) notwithstanding, there are a number of reasons why I'm not concerned.

1.) Most importantly, Nick Chubb's a GD Boss.  I don't think I need to elaborate, facts are in evidence.

2.) He doesn't NEED volume to produce.  This isn't a Derrick Henry type situation where he needs to get the ball a dozen times to get going or wears out defenses with a punishing running style.  He's a guy who got 100 yards on 3 carries in a game last year.

3.) But the coaching staff is giving it to him anyway.  Frustrating Hilliard play aside, he's averaging 22.3 touches per game despite a myriad of cruddy game scripts.

4.) Everyone acknowledges he hasn't remotely been the problem with the Browns this year.

Typically, in other situations that don't involve Nick Chubb, I might agree, Hunt and the staff are potential monkeys in the wrench.  However this is not one of these times, because Nick Chubb.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Call me crazy but I think hunt coming Makes Chubb better... the reason being is I think hunt will convert his 3rd Down opportunities ....Hilliard  couldn’t get it done ... so We may so more extending drives that otherwise they would have been punting ... and with that comes more Chubb 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
24 minutes ago, Cokey said:

Call me crazy but I think hunt coming Makes Chubb better... the reason being is I think hunt will convert his 3rd Down opportunities ....Hilliard  couldn’t get it done ... so We may so more extending drives that otherwise they would have been punting ... and with that comes more Chubb 

The result of Hunt replacing Hilliard could be a better overall O.

Better O = more time on the field.

More time on the field = more overall Chubb.

Hunt = more Chubb!

Brilliant!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

Like I said. This is the problem with Nick Chubb. He just does not get receptions. Hunt comes in plays few snaps and gets 7 receptions and 9 targets. It's a joke how the Browns use him

He had 20 touches and 115 yards rushing. 

Like I said.  It's not a problem. 

• Thanks 1

I watched the whole game , Chubb had a huge run which he dam near punched in but dragging like 3-4 defenders like 5 yards ended up on the 2 yard line, he then had like 6 or 7 goalline carries on the 1 yard line.  He could have easily had 2 tds this game but hey I’m happy he still got fed the way he did and he can run , he’s a better version of chris Carson for sure

• Like 1
Just now, Ryansm11 said:

He lost his catch floor tho. 

He had the same amount of targets as Hunt lol.

Come next week he's gonna be up over 1,000 yards rushing.  He was the 8th highest scoring RB .5 PPR this week thus far.

You want worry - go to the Saquan Barkley thread.  We're doing ok here.

• Like 2
Just now, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

No he didn't. You have to be delusional at this point. I assume you must play in standard. Cause 2 reeptions on 4 targets is not good. Hunt got 9 targets 7 receptions AND he looked good running and receiving. 

You're right on the targets.

You're hopelessly typically stuck on lagging indicators to sooth your ego though.  116 yards rushing is a good day at the office for any RB.  Chubb's a beast, you made a bad call trading him away.  G'night.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1