Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nick Chubb 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, vercrazy said:

 

Hunt is definitely going to be involved, I actually don't think anyone is arguing that, it's just the extreme level of change you're assuming and the semi-arrogant way you come across is what's causing people to contest your opinions.

Calling him "at best a flex play" assumes that he's not an RB1 or RB2, which by definition would make him worse than 24 other RBs in a 12-team league, or worse than 20 other RBs in a 10-team league.

To highlight how extreme that is, we can make a bet: I'll give you the advantage and use the 10-team assumption—if Chubb is the 21st or worse RB the rest of the way, I'll give you $50. If Chubb is 20th or better, you have to come post here and admit that your position was a bit extreme. Bet is cancelled if either Hunt or Chubb gets injured.

 

 

Will do...I almost always admit when I am wrong. His schedule is easy the rest of the season so no more excuses

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is pretty simple guys. Don’t overthink it.  If I’m able to get Chubb in my draft, the coaches would be idiots to have Hunt spell him when he’s beasting. If I’m not able to get Chubb in

Chubb when Hunt returns  

Chubb hasn't taken the field once as Hunt has been used exclusively as the first team running back in the dress rehearsal. If people think Hunt isn't going to be on the better side of the split when h

Posted Images

Hoping for a Kamara/Ingram true 1A/1B situation with Chubb and Hunt.  Admittedly Mayfield doesn't keep the defenses quite as honest as Brees does but once you go past the first read option he has more quality receiving weapons so it might be a wash (MT >>> OBJ but OBJ + Landry + Njoku  MT+ Ginn +Josh Hill).  

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

Going back to @JE7HorseGod's post regarding how Hunt will actually help Chubb's numbers. I think this will be a very similar situation to Aaron Jones/Jamaal Williams. Jones owners love to cuss Jamaal, but I honestly believe that without Jamaal, Jones' fantasy success would come much more based off of bulk rather than scoring. I think that Hunt, like JE7 said, will help Chubb. The Browns will not split touches. They just won't. If they continue to use the backs like they did last game, I'm fine with that. I actually am in favor of it. 

 

Chubb is not a "flex" option. If anything, Chubb is still a RB1 and Hunt is the Flex option(RB2 depending on matchup). Not really sure how anyone can say "Chubb is done". Makes no logical sense. 

10, 13, 14 are his last three scores in full ppr ( he doesn’t catch so should he similar in standard). Are those rb1 numbers in today’s fantasy landscape. I guess Ronald Jones is an rb1 now as well and he outscored Chubb last week

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

Going back to @JE7HorseGod's post regarding how Hunt will actually help Chubb's numbers. I think this will be a very similar situation to Aaron Jones/Jamaal Williams. Jones owners love to cuss Jamaal, but I honestly believe that without Jamaal, Jones' fantasy success would come much more based off of bulk rather than scoring. I think that Hunt, like JE7 said, will help Chubb. The Browns will not split touches. They just won't. If they continue to use the backs like they did last game, I'm fine with that. I actually am in favor of it. 

 

Chubb is not a "flex" option. If anything, Chubb is still a RB1 and Hunt is the Flex option(RB2 depending on matchup). Not really sure how anyone can say "Chubb is done". Makes no logical sense. 

Logic would tell you that a guy who is averaging over 100 yards per ground on the game, who is #2 in the league, who is at 919 rushing yards in 9 games, and who in fact had 116 yards rushing on Sunday with Hunt back in the fold is an essential part of any offense.

Logic would tell you that having more skilled players on an offensive unit, playing in tandem with that player, would increase the quality of that player's overall outlook as a result of more scoring chances.

Logic is tricky for some people.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

10, 13, 14 are his last three scores in full ppr ( he doesn’t catch so should he similar in standard). Are those rb1 numbers in today’s fantasy landscape. I guess Ronald Jones is an rb1 now as well and he outscored Chubb last week

You go ahead and play Ronald Jones, I'll stick with Chubb

Link to post
Share on other sites

Chris Harris was very bearish on his podcast regarding Chubb and goal line work- apparently Chubb didn't do great at reading holes but I don't overly believe that.

Then Freddie says yesterday that hunt isn't included in the goal like package yet. Separately he states hunts opportunities should grow but I'm feeling a little bearish right now rest of season with all this noise. Well see- Thursday is a tough matchup but we shall see!

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Chris Harris was very bearish on his podcast regarding Chubb and goal line work- apparently Chubb didn't do great at reading holes but I don't overly believe that.

Then Freddie says yesterday that hunt isn't included in the goal like package yet. Separately he states hunts opportunities should grow but I'm feeling a little bearish right now rest of season with all this noise. Well see- Thursday is a tough matchup but we shall see!

If Chris Harris has concerns about Chubb, then he must be a troll

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, NBatum88 said:

Ugh Thursday night game. Think Hunt gets more work this week because of the short week? Plus the Steelers are a good defense.

 

15 carries 60 yards and a goal line plunge TD sound about right? 

20 carries for 120 yards sounds about right. I don't like predicting TDs because they're extremely random but he has a solid shot of scoring. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Stillers have been enjoying a ton of home cooking ... previous three games were all at Heinz.

- factor in the Teflon Tomlin buffoon quotient of consistently offering up unexpected clunkers

- toss in the Toisday night variant with a very shaky offense for the Cleveland defense to torment and turnover (hopefully a couple short fields) aaaaaand, VOILA!  we get a recipe for some success. 

 

not for nuttin', but last time i saw a ballyhooed defense on the road for Toisday night it was the 49ers vs a divisional foe (Cards) ... Drake ran wild, and San Fran had BY FAR their worst outing of the season - deja vu all over again?

🤔

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think the Stillers are a run defense you need to shy away from in general.

Their YPC against is pretty good on the year, sure at 3.9 they rank 7th.

But teams have run a lot against them as their offense doesn't really have the ability to put anyone away, in total they're giving up about 105.3 yards per game on the ground.  Gurley just hit them for 73 yards on only 12 carries with all of the Rams blocking issues, the Seahawks backs did 25 for 122 earlier in the year...

Where they are really thriving right now is generating turnovers - they have 26 on the year.  12 of those are fumbles, so the Browns are going to need to watch ball security to stay in the game.

Even if they do go down early, we've seen Chubb do well in negative game script situations and I don't think they'll be building much out for Hunt installation on a short practice week.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of these takes are INCREDIBLY bad - calling Chubb a FLEX or RB3.  If you take away Chubb's Baltimore game - his most dominant game this year - he still averages 15.77 PPG in a PPR league.   That would be the RB14 so far on the season in PPG.  He's about the same range in total points as well if you subtract the Baltimore game.  The dude is a beast and I would argue even more so because the Cleveland offense gives him zero help and he still produces.  This guy has a floor of about 11 points and a ceiling of 40.

Probably going to be rough sledding this week against a nasty Pittsburgh defense, but no shot in hell I'm benching an RB getting 20+ touches on the regular.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fort4242 said:

Some of these takes are INCREDIBLY bad - calling Chubb a FLEX or RB3.  If you take away Chubb's Baltimore game - his most dominant game this year - he still averages 15.77 PPG in a PPR league.   That would be the RB14 so far on the season in PPG.  He's about the same range in total points as well if you subtract the Baltimore game.  The dude is a beast and I would argue even more so because the Cleveland offense gives him zero help and he still produces.  This guy has a floor of about 11 points and a ceiling of 40.

Probably going to be rough sledding this week against a nasty Pittsburgh defense, but no shot in hell I'm benching an RB getting 20+ touches on the regular.

 

My man...

 

giphy.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2019 at 6:32 PM, Dr. Whom said:

So by signing hunt and giving him a ton of touches his first game back means they believe in Chubb?!? Chubb is toast now

For all you Anti-Chubb peeps I really hope you bring that same Energy post game, and yeah that means you too DR. WHOM

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NBatum88 said:

Lots of work and looked great running the ball.

Why do the browns suck in the redzone so much though? Feels like Chubb hasn’t gotten a goal line TD in forever 

They managed to score three RZ TDs and beat a favored Pittsburgh team tonight.

He's now the first guy with a 1,000 yards rushing.  TD would have been great.  Provided he's healthy, they're coming.

Now I'ma head out before this becomes an inane conversation on his "reception floor."

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...