Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Christian McCaffrey 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

Very interesting situation.

New OC is the son of Norv Turner. How far does the apple fall from the tree?

Also would they lighten up CMC load now that the season is over?

But they also lost Greg Olsen their Tight end, so they need someone for short gains.

I have no idea what would happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like Warm, Apple Pie.

Christian McCaffrey is on pace for 1,644 rushing yards, 100 receptions, 872 receiving yards, 16 TDs. LOL.

Imagine sleeping with the most beautiful woman you've ever seen. And then imagine something better than that. 

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, mchspd3 said:

Very interesting situation.

New OC is the son of Norv Turner. How far does the apple fall from the tree?

Also would they lighten up CMC load now that the season is over?

But they also lost Greg Olsen their Tight end, so they need someone for short gains.

I have no idea what would happen.

 

I imagine CMC will sit out week 17 again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, mchspd3 said:

Very interesting situation.

New OC is the son of Norv Turner. How far does the apple fall from the tree?

Also would they lighten up CMC load now that the season is over?

But they also lost Greg Olsen their Tight end, so they need someone for short gains.

I have no idea what would happen.

 

I've been wondering this about CMC too with his load management.  I mean, it seems silly to keep pounding him for 30 touches a game or something.

He is amazing and a warrior so they might.  But sure wouldn't seem in his best interest in this lost season.  He already has more carries in 12 games this year than he had in 16 last year.  And fair to wonder if he's wearing down a little averaging 3 ypc over his last 2 games.

Of course if I had him on my teams, I'd probably be singing a different tune :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't recall a healthy player ever sitting before week 17 so I wouldn't worry too much about that.  Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.  The only way I could see CMC being rested before week 17 is if he picks up an injury and then the Panthers decide to shut him down once they're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs - I think they can still technically make it - which could be a possible risk for someone like Barkley though even then I think it's unlikely as long as it's not as serious injury.

Edited by ZappB
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There isnt much to play for when you fire your HC at week 14. Coaches want to win and players want to compete but I think the Owner/GM are going to give a mandate or "guidance" to the interim coaches on what will happen with CMC for ROS. 

There is no coach on the staff who has the ability and voice to "push back" since they are all in limbo.

 

Not good for a fantasy playoff run

Link to post
Share on other sites

So most importantly they still have a chance to make the playoffs. It’s not good but it’s still there. I think at least for this week CMC is safe. Depending on what happens I might be worried at week 16. You just have to hope they win this week.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

So most importantly they still have a chance to make the playoffs. It’s not good but it’s still there. I think at least for this week CMC is safe. Depending on what happens I might be worried at week 16. You just have to hope they win this week.  

Same, i been lucky that i got a bye but I’m really hoping to see some good signs for this week so that i feel better playing him week 15 & 16 

was really counting on him for the 30 points a game but now I’ll just be glad to get 18-24 points. As long as they don’t go away from him. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HOF12 said:

Same, i been lucky that i got a bye but I’m really hoping to see some good signs for this week so that i feel better playing him week 15 & 16 

was really counting on him for the 30 points a game but now I’ll just be glad to get 18-24 points. As long as they don’t go away from him. 

Only a CMC owner. Must be nice!!!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, JohnD said:

Why?.... you think they are going to want Kyle Allen to throw it more than 50 times and only complete half of them like this past Sunday?

I hope not my friend. I do agree with you. I just always get nervous when a new OC comes lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...