NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Conner 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, Magoo said:

Big Ben injury taking the headlines.

this right here ^

Conner's freaking leg could've fallen off and been bionically reattached by a team of six yr old wunderkinds from Sri Lanka and we would never know because - THIS IS BABY BEN'S DAY!!!! IT'S ALL ABOUT HIM!!!!!111!1!!1!

• Haha 2
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well I am glad that Hopkins is my WR3 I mean its a good thing I have Mclaurin and Fitzgerald as my WR1 and 2    

Conner a Rotoworlder confirmed.

The above is exactly how Conner owners should be selling high on him. 2019 is going to look a lot different than 2018 in Pittsburgh.  1. Esteemed  O-line coach is gone. 2. Esteeme RB coach i

Posted Images

Whatever the extent of the injury, we now have an average RB that no longer has a HOF QB or HOF WR to draw attention away from him. Teams are going to stack the box against Rudolph who only has 1 real threat at WR and Connor will look very mediocre ROS. 

The Oline is still good enough to make him relevant but everyone that took him, got him in the 2nd/3rd rounds and are not going to get the production they expected. 

• Like 2

Even with the injury not being serious this has turned into a nightmare situation. Team looks AWFUL, Ben done, Samuels likely to see a bigger role. Much of Conner's appeal was volume and TDs in an explosive offense. You take that away you have a low-end RB2. 

• Like 1

Maybe Rudolph sucks, but what really had me worried was that it looked like Big Ben's cliff year was upon us. If Ben had been healthy for 16 games, but continued to look like he did the first 1.5 games, it would have been hard for Tomlin to bench him -- and Conner would have been bottled up all season. That may still happen, but Rudolph is young enough that there's hope for a big step forward from him. The Steelers may be in better shape than the Saints, who are stuck rolling out a proven failed starter.

James Conner (knee) said that he's confident he'll suit up for the Steelers' Week 3 matchup against the 49ers.

Conner added that he's not dealing with any tears or anything significant with his knee. It's great news for the third-year RB, although it seems likely that he'll be entering Sunday's game at less than 100%. Conner is best approached as a low-end RB2 due to both heightened risk of re-aggravating the injury as well as the absence of Ben Roethlisberger (elbow, IR). It wouldn't be surprising to see backup RB Jaylen Samuels receive an enhanced workload while Conner is banged up.

• Like 1