NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Conner 2019 Outlook

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well I am glad that Hopkins is my WR3 I mean its a good thing I have Mclaurin and Fitzgerald as my WR1 and 2    

Conner a Rotoworlder confirmed.

The above is exactly how Conner owners should be selling high on him. 2019 is going to look a lot different than 2018 in Pittsburgh.  1. Esteemed  O-line coach is gone. 2. Esteeme RB coach i

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I don't often go about blaming folks, but Tomlin deserves it in this case. Why on earth was he salting out the clock with a lead against the Phins, absurd.

If he wasn’t in there would we be complaining about how he doesn’t get the garbage time stats?

The beauty of Tomlin is he gives his lead RB a stupid amount of work, the problem is they’re always getting injured because of it. Some day he’ll use more of a committee but it’s always been like this with Bell and Conner.

Not looking good for the Connor optimists here. Out this week and likely again next week. 

Not a good sign now with reports that the Steelers were asking the Jets about trading for Bell after the Connor injury. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, UVA_Drew said:

Not looking good for the Connor optimists here. Out this week and likely again next week. 

Not a good sign now with reports that the Steelers were asking the Jets about trading for Bell after the Connor injury. 

Agreed. Why kick the tires if a minor deal?

4 minutes ago, UVA_Drew said:

2 minutes ago, pdizzle710 said:

Agreed. Why kick the tires if a minor deal?

The article you cited literally states that the injury is minor: Steelers got word that Conner's injury wasn't as bad as they'd first thought and that he might miss only a couple of weeks, the talks with the Jets cooled, sources said.

Not sure why people are freaking out - this seems like a 1 week or 2 week injury at most

• Like 1
On 11/4/2019 at 12:17 AM, BGDDYKWL said:

I really hope they err on the side of caution and sit him again this week. He ends up being a gameday decision and gets the green light no one will be startable.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/11/conner-on-shoulder-week-10-status-im-not-going-to-put-a-timetable-on-myself/

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Very interesting. I know some people seem to hate it when I speculate around here, but those are not the words of someone who expects to play this week. I'd be very surprised if he suits up Sunday. 

55 minutes ago, affliction said:

Bleak dynasty outlook. Pitt would be smart to acquire another capable back next year and split work. Conner can’t handle workhorse duties 

Yeah, the confirmed rumors that they tried to re-acquire Bell at the trade deadline is another data point there. They might try to make a deal there again in the offseason — Gase hates the Bell contract, he’s signed for about what the Steelers wanted to pay him minus one year of guarantees, and they know he’s a good fit for the offense. 

They likely see Conner as a capable backup, but not someone they can ever ride for 16 games and a postseason. For this season, it doesn’t matter, because they’re stuck with backups to the backup who can’t run or stay healthy. Conner-plus-Samuels should be a rickety high-end RB2 who can take you to the ship, with significant risk of an early in-game injury every week.

• Like 1
Just now, eg4190 said:

Yeah, the confirmed rumors that they tried to re-acquire Bell at the trade deadline is another data point there. They might try to make a deal there again in the offseason — Gase hates the Bell contract, he’s signed for about what the Steelers wanted to pay him minus one year of guarantees, and they know he’s a good fit for the offense. 

They likely see Conner as a capable backup, but not someone they can ever ride for 16 games and a postseason. For this season, it doesn’t matter, because they’re stuck with backups to the backup who can’t run or stay healthy. Conner-plus-Samuels should be a rickety high-end RB2 who can take you to the ship, with significant risk of an early in-game injury every week.

Odds are Gase won't be there next year.

The article above where he talks about not wanting to put a timetable on it is much more telling than Tomlin's comments. Conner mentioning 4 weeks, albeit just as an example, means he's out this week IMO. If I feel I may go this week 4 weeks isn't something that'd even be in my head.