NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Conner 2019 Outlook

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well I am glad that Hopkins is my WR3 I mean its a good thing I have Mclaurin and Fitzgerald as my WR1 and 2    

Conner a Rotoworlder confirmed.

The above is exactly how Conner owners should be selling high on him. 2019 is going to look a lot different than 2018 in Pittsburgh.  1. Esteemed  O-line coach is gone. 2. Esteeme RB coach i

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Im keeping him just in case.

yeah, i can see that - in ppr, especially  -

- but Snell will soon be back, Edmunds has shown spark, and, who knows ... maybe JC stays healthy 🤷‍♂️

the schedule does ease up a ton going forward, but i've seen enough, thanks. 

I have Samuels and to be honest I'm holding him just in case I'm desperate, but I don't blame anyone that drop kicks him to the waiver wire. I would if there was something better out there. The fact is in a prime workhorse role Samuels proved he barely has handcuff value unless hes thrown the ball 13 times. Wouldn't count on that and sadly can't play him at all with any confidence moving forward. Hope Conner can stay healthy ROS!

• Like 1

The Steelers legitimately working themselves into the playoff mix is fantastic news for us Conner owners. Conner being the workhorse gives this team the best chance to win so I expect him to get all the run he can handle. You also get the feeling that Rudolph is starting to get more comfortable running the offense. May result in less dump offs, but I anticipate this being a better offense than we’ve seen so far this season. 

• Like 3

a rested and healed Conner is what we need here - looks like we gonna get it 👍

... and now for the really good part - two games vs the Brownies last year -

week one: 

31/135/2, 5/57/0

of note in that opener, he was absolutely mauling them ... Stillers were comfortably up a couple scores, then ... Garret strips JC deep in Stillers territory, the Brownies capitalize, then ride that momentum to eventually send the mutha into OT, game ended 21-21. 

was a remarkably bittersweet gig for Conner ... the much anticipated workhorse role in the heat of the Bell holdout controversy ... JC delivered like a frickin' boss, silenced all the doubters ... he looked every bit the part - but he was visibly gassed by the 4th, and that very critical fumble fueled the Cleveland/Tyrod (remember him?) comeback. 

so, as dominant as he was, he had to yoke the blame for being the impetus for yet anuddah Stillers underwhelming performance as heavy favorites (hallmark of the Teflon Tomlin era, don'tcha know).

game 2, in week eight:

24/146/2, 5/66/0

Stillers crooooooze, 33-18.

now we talikin' ... note that at this point the Brownies had gone full Chubb, and the Baker era was upon us ... so a closer barometer of tomorrow night's festivities.   

anyways, this was the hallmark performance that helped cement him as the overall rb #3 as we hit the midseason clubhouse ... he was fresh off a bye and beastly.   had LEEG WINNAH!!!1!!!1! stamped all over him - we definitely got the steal of the century, amirite?

flash to the next week @RatBoids ... he goes 24/107/0, 7/56/1 in a Stillers road win. 

then that was it.  he wouldn't eclipse 100 total yards in a game for the balance of the season ... nagging injuries, missed the Pats game (where Samuels went off), etc. 

what a hell of a fizzle out. 

so, who knows, maybe we get the reverse this year?  first half beset by nagging ouchies, but a beastly/healthy finish? 

tl;dr - two games vs Cleveland last year: 31/135/2, 5/57/0 - 24/146/2, 5/66/0.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Last year he didn't have a 4 weeks schedule at the end of the FF season that went Cleveland, Cinci, Cleveland, Arizona

point is moot. 

he was constantly hobbled/gimpy, and ceding work.   

try a lil' context next time 👍

6 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

point is moot. 

he was constantly hobbled/gimpy, and ceding work.   

try a lil' context next time 👍

Strength of schedule is a moot point?... Interesting 

Edited by JohnD
1 minute ago, JohnD said:

Strength of schedule is a moot point?... Interesting 

yeah, that's exactly what i meant 🤔

so, lemme slow it down - you said 

9 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Last year he didn't have a 4 weeks schedule at the end of the FF season that went Cleveland, Cinci, Cleveland, Arizona

that was piggybacked on my earlier post, where i pointed out that he fizzled mightily in the latter half last year. 

i ascertained from your followup that his sched is easier this year, so he won't tail off like 2018. 

my "point is moot" comment was meant to say that no matter how easy/hard his latter half was last year that it didn't matter, inasmuch that he was never 100%.

hope that cleared it up, i tried to simplify as much as i could 🙋‍♂️

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

yeah, that's exactly what i meant 🤔

so, lemme slow it down - you said 

that was piggybacked on my earlier post, where i pointed out that he fizzled mightily in the latter half last year. 

i ascertained from your followup that his sched is easier this year, so he won't tail off like 2018. 

my "point is moot" comment was meant to say that no matter how easy/hard his latter half was last year that it didn't matter, inasmuch that he was never 100%.

hope that cleared it up, i tried to simplify as much as i could 🙋‍♂️

So that is what you meant. Strength of schedule is a moot point. Seems he could have more success against weaker teams being at less than 100%, which most players are at the end of the year. Hope that cleared that up and was easy to understand as well.

• Haha 1
Just now, JohnD said:

So that is what you meant. Strength of schedule is a moot point. Seems he could have more success against weaker teams being at less than 100%, which most players are at the end of the year. Hope that cleared that up and was easy to understand as well.

this was an epic fail on your part, congrats ✌

12 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

Conner has shown he can be a RB2 in this offense.

Even better than that.  In my league's scoring, if you take out the 2 games he missed, he's the #9 RB overall.  With Rudolph at QB, he's the #4 RB.  So, he's shown he can be a low end RB1 or a high end RB1, depending on how you look at it.

9 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

this was an epic fail on your part, congrats ✌

You posted he could possibly have a reverse of last year where he started strong and fizzled out due to injuries.

I posted that he has an easier end of season schedule this year compared to last which benefits him so yes he may have the reverse of last year

You felt bothered by that and replied with strength of schedule is a moot point followed by a personal attack that you needed to slow it down for me to understand

Not sure it was me with the epic fail.

4 minutes ago, JohnD said:

You posted he could possibly have a reverse of last year where he started strong and fizzled out due to injuries.

I posted that he has an easier end of season schedule this year compared to last which benefits him so yes he may have the reverse of last year

You felt bothered by that and replied with strength of schedule is a moot point followed by a personal attack that you needed to slow it down for me to understand

Not sure it was me with the epic fail.

i never said sos, in and of itself, was moot ... what rendered your statement "moot" was the fact that he was too injured to fully capitalize.  

go fish somewhere else, son ... i'm over ya 👉👌

41 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i never said sos, in and of itself, was moot ... what rendered your statement "moot" was the fact that he was too injured to fully capitalize.  

go fish somewhere else, son ... i'm over ya 👉👌

So the only point I made wasn't the moot point? And what rendered my statement moot was that he was too injured last year to capitalize on his easy schedule over the next few weeks this year? You're logic is undeniable😂