NBC Sports Edge Forums

Alvin Kamara 2019 Outlook

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pros: 4th in Receptions among RBs 4th in Targets among RBs 5th in Reception Yards among RBs 2nd highest amount of Red Zone Carries among RBs (51) 2nd Highest amount of Carries

Footage of me peeping on this thread as a Murray owner:  

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, pepper11 said:

With Murray being Jones?

[...]

Same thing happened when jones had a bad game and Williams out snapped and out produced him. Everywas saying jones is done gtfo 😂 

overreacting at its finest. Kamara is fine murray will be a fine flex play nothing more 

Edited by tonycpsu
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, pepper11 said:

I have never seem more false optimism in my life. "Less carries are better for his outlook". "He is better as a 1A" "Give me 10 quality carries not 30 carries".

This is the biggest BS thread I have ever seen on here. Its like the Josh Gordon thread for first round picks. You all drafted him top 3 to get 10 carries and get outplayed by Murray? This guy is a bust. Murray is better and he was drafted in the 7th. 

You sound like someone who desperately wants Lat Murray to be a thing. Kamara is RB15 in my league. That's with the Brees injury neutering the offense and two missed games. That's a high end RB2 if you're following along. Not returning ADP value so far sure, bust haha uhh no. And now he has a bye week to get fully healthy and Brees finally returning. Why don't you wait a bit before trying to bury him because you know people are going to quote your posts with the 'this didn't age well' jokes in Dec if he catches fire, which is very possible if you know anything about Alvin Kamara.

Edited by owenmills
  • Like 2
On 11/3/2019 at 11:21 AM, owenmills said:

You sound like someone who desperately wants Lat Murray to be a thing. Kamara is RB15 in my league. That's with the Brees injury neutering the offense and two missed games. That's a high end RB2 if you're following along. Not returning ADP value so far sure, bust haha uhh no. And now he has a bye week to get fully healthy and Brees finally returning. Why don't you wait a bit before trying to bury him because you know people are going to quote your posts with the 'this didn't age well' jokes in Dec if he catches fire, which is very possible if you know anything about Alvin Kamara.

Rb 15 is a good thing? So right around Marlon Mack and Chris Carson Adp. What value to draft him top 3!!!!! Steal of the draft. This guy the 4th biggest bust of 2019 behind Mixon and Juju and Adams. Better to be the 4th biggest bust than the biggest I guess. Nice work to the people that picked him over CMC.

Edited by pepper11
2 hours ago, pepper11 said:

Rb 15 is a good thing? So right around Marlon Mack and Chris Carson Adp. What value to draft him top 3!!!!! Steal of the draft. This guy the 4th biggest bust of 2019 behind Mixon and Juju and Adams. Better to be the 4th biggest bust than the biggest I guess. Nice work to the people that picked him over CMC.

I wouldn’t really consider players who got injured big bust. Nobody’s could predict the players to miss that many games or get injured. 

9 hours ago, pepper11 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4387738

The question now is what role does Kamara go back to after Latavius performed so well in his absence?  Brees is back, everything should be hitting on full cylinders for the Saints.  It seems to make sense that Kamara will play the role he did all of 2018 while Latavius moves into the Ingram role, but that's not what was happening early in the season.  My main concern right now is who are they going to give the GL work to?

13 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

The question now is what role does Kamara go back to after Latavius performed so well in his absence?  Brees is back, everything should be hitting on full cylinders for the Saints.  It seems to make sense that Kamara will play the role he did all of 2018 while Latavius moves into the Ingram role, but that's not what was happening early in the season.  My main concern right now is who are they going to give the GL work to?

Stop worrying. Kamara is one of the best backs in the league, Murray is just a bruiser. They'll likely both get goal line opportunities. This will be the first time the entire offense is in swing since week 2. 

1 hour ago, oliminator123 said:

Stop worrying. Kamara is one of the best backs in the league, Murray is just a bruiser. They'll likely both get goal line opportunities. This will be the first time the entire offense is in swing since week 2. 

I love when owners resort to the 'plodder' or 'bruiser' descriptions when defending their guy. Sure, he's just a bruiser...

• Like 1
Just now, allthatisman said:

I love when owners resort to the 'plodder' or 'bruiser' descriptions when defending their guy. Sure, he's just a bruiser...

What's their to defend? Kamara is one of the best backs in the league. Murray has been average his entire career - he didn't all of a sudden become a better player than Kamara. 

Take off your goggles thinking Murray is all of a sudden going to supplant Kamara. If anything it will turn back into Kamara-Ingram lite. 

I think there's more to Murray than just plodder or bruiser but let's be real here...he's not nearly as dynamic as Kamara. He doesn't have the home run ability of Kamara & he certainly isn't as good a receiver out of the backfield as Kamara.

He's the perfect complement to Kamara though and there's value in that, especially with the Saints having a solid O-line. He will keep Kamara rested which allows for more burst from Kamara...it's ideal to have them both healthy with Brees now back.

I expect some big games coming up for this whole offense. Grab whatever part of it you can...Kamara, Thomas, Brees, Murray being my personal order of preference.

13 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

Is anyone starting Kamara and Murray? Will the offense be stoked hot enough to sustain both as top options?

Considering it, but I would have to bench some very good options.  I think it's not a bad strategy.  On par with starting Kamara and Ingram last year, which I did most of the season with considerable success.

Edited by Bastardo!
49 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

Is anyone starting Kamara and Murray? Will the offense be stoked hot enough to sustain both as top options?

Maybe.  I want to wait a week and see how they use them but it could vary every week.  So...thinking about it.  It's probably at least 25 combined PPR points. 

• Like 1

These forums crack me up.  Kamara missed two games because of an ankle injury.  He played five games with basically half of the play book available because brees got hurt.  Murray comes in and does what he supposed to during the two games and everyone wants to crown him the lead back.  Say what you want about Kamara’s value relative to ADP but Murray was a late round flyer on draft day.  Hard to believe people believe that Peyton will tell Kamara, nah we good bro...your taking a backseat now.

As to the committee, I own both and hope it is a Kamara ingram split.  Problem is this week in a must win, unsure I can roll then both without seeing it first.

• Like 3
56 minutes ago, jjbooda said:

These forums crack me up.  Kamara missed two games because of an ankle injury.  He played five games with basically half of the play book available because brees got hurt.  Murray comes in and does what he supposed to during the two games and everyone wants to crown him the lead back.  Say what you want about Kamara’s value relative to ADP but Murray was a late round flyer on draft day.  Hard to believe people believe that Peyton will tell Kamara, nah we good bro...your taking a backseat now.

As to the committee, I own both and hope it is a Kamara ingram split.  Problem is this week in a must win, unsure I can roll then both without seeing it first.

Murray over the last two games would put him on a season pace of 1,768 rushing yards, 112 receptions, 688 receiving yards, and 32 total TDs. 

Yes, Murray came in and did what he is supposed to do. Nothing more nothing less. Just handled his business and did not exceed expectations whatsoever. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Murray over the last two games would put him on a season pace of 1,768 rushing yards, 112 receptions, 688 receiving yards, and 32 total TDs. 

Yes, Murray came in and did what he is supposed to do. Nothing more nothing less. Just handled his business and did not exceed expectations whatsoever. 

It's totally reasonable to expect a lifetime JAG RB named Murray to keep up that pace 👍

2 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

It's totally reasonable to expect a lifetime JAG RB named Murray to keep up that pace 👍

Not the argument. The argument is that "Murray came in and did what he was supposed to do". That's false. He came in and pretended to be prime AP for two games instead of the dude that was known for getting knocked down by the wind at the second level.