NBC Sports Edge Forums

Alvin Kamara 2019 Outlook

4 hours ago, pepper11 said:

Bust city. Anyone watching can see Murray is better. I said this 6 weeks ago. Finally others coming on board.

right    no sane person would think that

they clearly want kamara at 100% for the playoffs      after the last couple years they aren't taking unnecessary chances 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pros: 4th in Receptions among RBs 4th in Targets among RBs 5th in Reception Yards among RBs 2nd highest amount of Red Zone Carries among RBs (51) 2nd Highest amount of Carries

Footage of me peeping on this thread as a Murray owner:  

Posted Images

Just now, TheINC said:

Middling RB2 in non-ppr, not great for a top 4 pick. Rather be rolling Murray as the bellcow there.  Bust for what you expected, and killed a lot of ppl's playoff chances i'd imagine.  Meh. 

You would rather play murray in any format over kamara? lol

1 minute ago, Silkk1211 said:

You would rather play murray in any format over kamara? lol

I would rather play Murray as the bellcow - aka, he was way more productive as the only RB on that team when Kamara was out, than Kamara has been as the 1a getting the bulk of the work.  In PPR leagues i'm sure he's been ok, but in standard he's been a letdown for sure.

Edited by TheINC
1 minute ago, TheINC said:

I would rather play Murray as the bellcow - aka, he was way more productive as the only RB on that team when Kamara was out, than Kamara has been as the 1a getting the bulk of the work.  In PPR leagues i'm sure he's been ok, but in standard he's been a letdown for sure.

Gotcha, I thought you meant with their current usage.

1 minute ago, Silkk1211 said:

Gotcha, I thought you meant with their current usage.

No hard to trust Murray given the usage now, but Kamara hasn't been getting it done as expected even with the split the way it has been.  Obv TDs would help but 2 on the season so far.  Gotta think he cost a few people their shot at the playoffs.  But those 2 weeks of Latavius bellcow usage sure were sweet...

Who thinks Kamara is getting it done?  He had 12 points with about 2 minutes to go in the game.  Carolina has been destroyed by rb's this year.  Theres something off with him this year.  He hasn't had any huge plays like in years past.  He wasn't even involved in the entire 1st half to the point that Peyton said he needed to do that during interview.  You didn't think to get Kamara involved?  WTH.  Murrays usage is hurting Kamara's value, no doubt.  And all this talk about saving him for the playoffs, give me a break.  His usage is way down.  They better do the opposite, get this guy going.

In PPR he's the RB6 in PPG.  Sure that's slightly below the Top 4 pick you spent on him, but not a bust by any means.  

I think the big thing here that has almost turned into a cliche in the fantasy community, is that "TDs are flukey." We see this every year where guys put up monster TD numbers one season, and it severely regresses the next.  Kamara was out for a few games with injury.  Brees was out for a few games with injury.  Couple in the flukyness of TDs, and it feels like Kamara has given us a bad season, but that is absolutely not the case.  

If you told me at the beginning of the season Kamara and Brees would both be hurt this season and Kamara would still be the RB6 right now, I would be impressed.  Crazy how people really think this guy has been a "bust."  David Johnson has been a bust.  Damien Williams has been a bust.  Saquon Barkley has been a bust.  Joe Mixon has been a bust.  Todd Gurley has been a bust.  You get the point.

Talking about starting Latavius Murray over Alvin Kamara L O L

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, Fort4242 said:

"Crazy how people really think this guy has been a "bust."  

If you don't think this season so far has been a bust for Kamara than you are delusional.  If you were to redraft right now based on his production this year, he wouldn't go anywhere near a top 3 pick like he did for practically every preseason draft.  Not even close!

Edited by TommyKramer
34 minutes ago, Fort4242 said:

In PPR he's the RB6 in PPG.  Sure that's slightly below the Top 4 pick you spent on him, but not a bust by any means.  

I think the big thing here that has almost turned into a cliche in the fantasy community, is that "TDs are flukey." We see this every year where guys put up monster TD numbers one season, and it severely regresses the next.  Kamara was out for a few games with injury.  Brees was out for a few games with injury.  Couple in the flukyness of TDs, and it feels like Kamara has given us a bad season, but that is absolutely not the case.  

If you told me at the beginning of the season Kamara and Brees would both be hurt this season and Kamara would still be the RB6 right now, I would be impressed.  Crazy how people really think this guy has been a "bust."  David Johnson has been a bust.  Damien Williams has been a bust.  Saquon Barkley has been a bust.  Joe Mixon has been a bust.  Todd Gurley has been a bust.  You get the point.

Talking about starting Latavius Murray over Alvin Kamara L O L

I agree with you, thanks for the perspective. I hope he starts reaching the end zone. He did in Week 11 but it was called back for holding or something.

However, can't argue that Latavius has done more with little opportunities. I'm talking legit opportunities, not 5 carries or less. Most glaring are Latavius impressive multiple plays/TDs over 20 yards, including 1 or 2 that have been called back that people don't see in the box score. When Kamara is out, Murray explodes in the pass game as well.

Kamara a bust... No, but he is not even on the same planet as CMC or Dalvin.

Edited by austin316
2 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

If you don't think this season so far has been a bust for Kamara than you are delusional.  If you were to redraft right now based on his production this year, he wouldn't go anywhere near a top 3 pick like he did for practically every preseason draft.  Not even close!

The guy missed 2 games and is still the overall RB12.  RB6 in Points Per Game.  His hall of fame QB missed several weeks.  He's had a ton of factors work against him this year and STILL is an RB1.  I don't consider that a bust.  Last 3 weeks he's scored 15.4, 22.2 and 19.2.  Single digits in ONE GAME this entire season with half his games playing alongside a back up QB.  

Man if you're not CMC around here, you stink!

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, austin316 said:

I agree with you, thanks for the perspective. I hope he starts reaching the end zone. He did in Week 11 but it was called back for holding or something.

However, can't argue that Latavius has done more with little opportunities. I'm talking legit opportunities, not 5 carries or less. Most glaring are his multiple long TDs, including 1 or 2 that have been called back that people don't see in the box score. When Kamara is out, Murray explodes in the pass game as well.

Yes in the 2 games Kamara missed, they FED Murray touches and he produced with them.  Since Kamara has come back, Murray has been virtually useless saved with a TD yesterday.  So I am absolutely holding Murray in leagues as a lotto ticket in case Kamara goes down again, but if you own both on your team is anyone really telling me they're starting Murray over Kamara?

4 minutes ago, Fort4242 said:

The guy missed 2 games and is still the overall RB12.  RB6 in Points Per Game.  His hall of fame QB missed several weeks.  He's had a ton of factors work against him this year and STILL is an RB1.  I don't consider that a bust.  Last 3 weeks he's scored 15.4, 22.2 and 19.2.  Single digits in ONE GAME this entire season with half his games playing alongside a back up QB.  

If you play standard he has been an absolute bust. 

5 minutes ago, Fort4242 said:

CMC is missing his "hall of fame qb" with a JAG at QB and CMC still manages to put up elite top 4 draft pick points. Kamara haznt done NUTTIN compared to that. BUST. 

Edited by SyNdicateZ
14 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

CMC is missing his "hall of fame qb" with a JAG at QB and CMC still manages to put up elite top 4 points. Kamara haznt done NUTTIN compared to that. BUST. 

I think this is sarcasm?

But yes CMC has overcome all odds.  PPR or standard he has been an animal.  Starting QB, back up, it doesn't matter.  However, there is only 1 CMC, and so there are typically 19-23 other RB slots that need to be filled every week throughout the league. I would HATE to have the overall RB12 and RB6 in PPG in one of those slots (sarcasm).  

CMC is averaging 30 PPG which is insane! So if you took him in Round 1 then yes, you are very happy.  How has the rest of the top selections held up?  Here's the top 13 in ADP from this year:

CMC

Saquon Barkley

Ezekiel Elliott

David Johnson

Deandre Hopkins

James Conner

Nick Chubb

Davante Adams

Leveon Bell

Michael Thomas

Julio Jones

Odell Beckham

Todd Gurley

CMC and Michael Thomas are the ONLY 2 players on this list who have more points per game than Alvin Kamara, and no one was taking Thomas over Kamara back in August.  

Keep even going down the ADP list:

Juju

Kelce

Hill

Cook

Mixon

AB

Kamara has outperformed all these guys except for Cook!

Edited by Fort4242
  • Like 2

The biggest thing he’s been missing this  year is the TDs.  

A lot of that can be attributed to the offense taking a step back while Brees was out... and unfortunately by the time Bridgewater started playing well, Kamara was hurt.  

Another thing that is hurting is Michael Thomas becoming an absolute monster... not only as a possession receiver, but as a red zone threat as well.  They have run several plays for Thomas inside the 10 yard line that would typically have been Kamara territory all day.

It’s not fair to compare him to CMC. Yes, I know it’s frustrating that many people took Kamara ahead of him, but the dude is having one of the all-time great fantasy seasons in history. I don’t think anyone saw that coming.

Look at the other consensus top 4 picks... Saquon & Zeke.  He’s having a very comparable season to Zeke (moreso in PPR), and if you got the Murray production in his missed games, I think it’s been better.  He’s been better than Saquon.  Then you throw in some of the other 1st round picks (Davante Adams, David Johnson, Leveon, etc...) and you realize it could be worse.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Fort4242 said:

I think this is sarcasm?

But yes CMC has overcome all odds.  PPR or standard he has been an animal.  Starting QB, back up, it doesn't matter.  However, there is only 1 CMC, and so there are typically 19-23 other RB slots that need to be filled every week throughout the league. I would HATE to have the overall RB12 and RB6 in PPG in one of those slots (sarcasm).  

CMC is averaging 30 PPG which is insane! So if you took him in Round 1 then yes, you are very happy.  How has the rest of the top selections held up?  Here's the top 13 in ADP from this year:

CMC

Saquon Barkley 

Ezekiel Elliott

David Johnson

Deandre Hopkins

James Conner

Nick Chubb

Davante Adams

Leveon Bell

Michael Thomas

Julio Jones

Odell Beckham

Todd Gurley

CMC and Michael Thomas are the ONLY 2 players on this list who have more points per game than Alvin Kamara, and no one was taking Thomas over Kamara back in August.  

I think pats DST has more points than most on this list . sad

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

CMC is missing his "hall of fame qb" with a JAG at QB and CMC still manages to put up elite top 4 draft pick points. Kamara haznt done NUTTIN compared to that. BUST. 

Well if you compare almost any other player to CMC they will look like a bust

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

I think pats DST has more points than most on this list . sad

Yeah honestly looking back it's been a somewhat tough year for most of the selections in the first 2 rounds.  That's why you can't be too upset if you took Kamara.  

36 minutes ago, Fort4242 said:

Yes in the 2 games Kamara missed, they FED Murray touches and he produced with them.  Since Kamara has come back, Murray has been virtually useless saved with a TD yesterday.  So I am absolutely holding Murray in leagues as a lotto ticket in case Kamara goes down again, but if you own both on your team is anyone really telling me they're starting Murray over Kamara?

I'm stating that Latavius had more pop as the starter with Kamara out than anything Kamara has given us. Why is that?

3 minutes ago, austin316 said:

I'm stating that Latavius had more pop as the starter with Kamara out than anything Kamara has given us. Why is that?

Because in those 2 weeks the Saints gave Murray 32 and 30 touches respectively - much higher than anything Kamara gets. Plus, Murray happened to score 2 TDs in each of those games.  

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, austin316 said:

BC Kamara is splitting with Murray. Murray wasn't splitting with anyone. Let Murray get hurt and you would understand.