NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Alvin Kamara 2019 Outlook

Gohawks

2 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

I think cotton jones was being sarcastic

Kamara was used far far more heavily inside the 10 yard line than Ingram was. Idk if inside the 10 is considered goal line or if the goal line back is from the 2 and in. But Kamara got loads of opportunities close to the goal line.

I do recall that because I remember one time when they handed to Kamara on 4th and short, and it was like wtf are you doing? You'd think they'd learn not to do that again. He was easily stuffed, and they even had Ingram at the time. I didn't even get it.

Kamara in space is as dangerous as it gets, but he's not an overly impressive rusher between the tackles compared to many others.

1 hour ago, Jags02 said:

I do recall that because I remember one time when they handed to Kamara on 4th and short, and it was like wtf are you doing? You'd think they'd learn not to do that again. He was easily stuffed, and they even had Ingram at the time. I didn't even get it.

Kamara in space is as dangerous as it gets, but he's not an overly impressive rusher between the tackles compared to many others.

Again, just like I asked for on the last page...

Stats?

You got stats to go with that?

Anecdotes and "feelings" don't fly in 2019 on the Rotoworld.com Fantasy Football Talk Forums

To the poster before, I can't even tell you how many times last summer i was on the Kamara thread repeating the same crap over and over about how in the last X games of 2017 kamara was used more inside the 5 and the 10 than ingram was. The trend was obvious. 

And also, btw, last summer we were told by the rotoworld forum experts that when ingram was out kamara was gonna get vultured by jonathan williams et al, because kamara was "too small" and "not a goal line back" (sound familiar? kinda like... something that was posted today?)

Let me introduce some of you to my friend the Google Machine. Kamara is 5'10 215. You might think he "looks" small or "looks" like he is a bad runner between the tackles. Cool story.

He's not Darren Sproles or Tarik Cohen, and there's no god damn way I'm re-litigating all this bull**** for 2019. Y'all get on the train or get the f off it 

Edited by Cotton Jones
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cotton Jones said:

Stats?

Anecdotes and "feelings" don't fly in 2019 on the Rotoworld.com Fantasy Football Talk Forums

To the poster before, I can't even tell you how many times last summer i was on the Kamara thread repeating the same crap over and over about how in the last X games of 2017 kamara was used more inside the 5 and the 10 than ingram was. The trend was obvious. 

And also, btw, last summer we were told by the rotoworld forum experts that when ingram was out kamara was gonna get vultured by jonathan williams et al, because kamara was "too small" and "not a goal line back" (sound familiar? kinda like... something that was posted today?)

Let me introduce some of you to my friend the Google Machine. Kamara is 5'10 215. You might think he "looks" small or "looks" like he is a bad runner between the tackles. Cool story.

He's not Darren Sproles or Tarik Cohen, and there's no god damn way I'm re-litigating all this bull**** for 2019. Y'all get on the train or get the f off it 

Lol man I wish I had this kinda passion about anything.

I looked at some of kamaras next gen stats his efficiency rating was higher than most other RBS. (The lower the number the more north and south you are running) I guess Alvin's would be higher due to him being more of an outside runner? Idk. I think hes a stud but I'm hesitant to draft him. Seems a little to TD dependent to be a top 5 back. But hes done it 2 years in a row so what do I know. 

I agree the coaches used Kamara quite a bit inside last season, but I can't quite figure out why when they had Ingram. That was definitely not Kamara's strong suit, and he was often stuffed easily trying. Nobody is mistaking Kamara for being a power back even though, as pointed out above, he's not small. 

Edited by Jags02

8 hours ago, Jags02 said:

I agree the coaches used Kamara quite a bit inside last season, but I can't quite figure out why when they had Ingram. That was definitely not Kamara's strong suit, and he was often stuffed easily trying. Nobody is mistaking Kamara for being a power back even though, as pointed out above, he's not small. 

I guess ya gotta keep defenses honest. If you only pass or run outside plays with Kamara theyll eventually catch on. But i do recall kamara having some big plays up the middle. He had a 50 yarder against the giants to ice the game and for a 3rd td of the day.

39 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

I guess ya gotta keep defenses honest. If you only pass or run outside plays with Kamara theyll eventually catch on. But i do recall kamara having some big plays up the middle. He had a 50 yarder against the giants to ice the game and for a 3rd td of the day.

It's not like he can't run inside, but he's not exceptionally talented at it (compared to others ranked near him) like he is running outside, and he's not ideal for short yardage situations. They put him in near the goal line, but that often didn't work out. I was saying why not put in Ingram when you're right there at the goal line? 

1 hour ago, Jags02 said:

It's not like he can't run inside, but he's not exceptionally talented at it (compared to others ranked near him) like he is running outside, and he's not ideal for short yardage situations. They put him in near the goal line, but that often didn't work out. I was saying why not put in Ingram when you're right there at the goal line? 

Do you have his goal line stats?

12 hours ago, Cotton Jones said:

Stats?

Listen pal, I am not spending my 2019 trying to convince you how great Kamara is. Got it! 

Edited by PizzaBeerFF
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Jags02 said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2018/redzone-rushing.htm

Ok, so he's tied with Henry for 3rd with 8 TDs on 13 rushes inside the 5.

I must have mainly caught a few of those 5 non-TD carries, but they weren't pretty. I'd at least suggest he needs an opening and isn't going to just power his way in. 

The cool thing about Pro Football Reference is that it can also tell you exactly what rushes down the middle he had in the endzone:

21/102018

Saints

Ravens

12:38

RAV 2

13-17

Alvin Kamara middle for 2 yards, touchdown

21/10/2018

Saints

Ravens

02:39

RAV 10

0-3

Alvin Kamara middle for 5 yards (tackle by Chris Wormley)

28/10/2018

Saints

Vikings

09:10

MIN 9

17-13

Alvin Kamara middle for -1 yards (tackle by Eric Kendricks and Tom Johnson)

28/10/2018

Saints

Vikings

00:33

MIN 1

16-13

Alvin Kamara middle for 1 yard, touchdown

28/10/2018

Saints

Vikings

11:51

MIN 8

0-0

Alvin Kamara middle for 5 yards (tackle by Sheldon Richardson and Stephen Weatherly)

09/12/2018

Saints

Buccaneers

02:34

TAM 15

25-14

Alvin Kamara middle for 3 yards (tackle by Beau Allen)

17/12/2018

Saints

Panthers

01:55

CAR 8

12-9

Alvin Kamara middle for 3 yards (tackle by Thomas Davis)

There's one you could claim was not good; for the others he made progress or scored the TD.

Seriously man. Stop digging yourself in and admit you were wrong. This kids is really pretty awesome.

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Like 1

On 6/8/2019 at 6:20 AM, Boudewijn said:

Seriously man. Stop digging yourself in and admit you were wrong. This kids is really pretty awesome.

Yea anyone with eyes can see hes elite. I wonder why no one at Tennessee could see that.

I wish he could get a full workhorse load he would put up healthy Todd gurely numbers. But I believe he would wear down soon. I believe he was getting nicked up a little last year when he was the main guy for 4 games. But I could be recalling that wrong.

On 6/8/2019 at 2:44 AM, Jags02 said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2018/redzone-rushing.htm

Ok, so he's tied with Henry for 3rd with 8 TDs on 13 rushes inside the 5.

I must have mainly caught a few of those 5 non-TD carries, but they weren't pretty. I'd at least suggest he needs an opening and isn't going to just power his way in. 

Just stop, bro.  Every single statistic lends itself to you being wrong on this.

On 6/4/2019 at 12:03 PM, J.T. Marlin said:

When Ingram was out the first 4 games of the 2018 season, Kamara scored 136.1 total PPR points - a full 16 game pace of 544.40 PPR points, which would have obliterated the fantasy RB PPR season scoring record.  Obviously he's not going to see that pace and the team signed Latavius to share some of the load but this just illustrates how talented and productive Kamara is in this Saints offense.  Would be fun to see the Saints fully unleash this guy for 1 season.

Not going to happen. Payton will stick with RBBC as long as he is coaching.

7 hours ago, joshua18 said:

Not going to happen. Payton will stick with RBBC as long as he is coaching.

Honestly it's the right approach for real life football. Running back is the most physically enduring position in all of sports. Boy wouldnt it be nice if lat murray came up with a. Pulled hamstring thr last 3 games of the fantasy season tho?

• Like 1

What the heck happened in here? Kamara has elite vision and crazy good balance. He slips through tackles like he’s greased up or something. And like mentioned he’s 215. He’s a beast at the goal line. And he’s td dependent to be a top 5 back? He catches 80 balls a year!

• Like 1

On 6/6/2019 at 11:10 PM, Cotton Jones said:

Funny, I didn't see anything about that in the rules and guidelines. So you're saying they were OK before but banned this year? Have a link?

But anyway yeah what's up with stating your feelings about anything on a fantasy football message board? It's not like anyone uses feelings to decide who to draft!  

As for Kamara, even if Murray or whoever vultured the occasional goal line TD, I see no reason to think this guy won't be one of the best FF players this year. If his price isn't driven up past the point of reason, I'm all in. 

Edited by bomont

• 4 weeks later...