NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Le'Veon Bell 2019 Outlook

Fantasy Gooroo

1 hour ago, Zak0221 said:

He's totally gonna be a Raider next year.  

He probably will also put up a ton of fantasy points on that team because they literally have nothing else.   Mildly interested if he signs in Oakland, if he goes to NYJ it will depend on the new coach/OC. 

He goes to the raiders he is a 1st rd pick and will finish as a top 5 rb, Gruden fed Lynch the ball  and bell wouldnt have to be taken off the field for passing downs. gruden sucks in my view but he is adamant about establishsing a running game

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, dashoe said:

He goes to the raiders he is a 1st rd pick and will finish as a top 5 rb, Gruden fed Lynch the ball  and bell wouldnt have to be taken off the field for passing downs. gruden sucks in my view but he is adamant about establishsing a running game

The Raiders won't be able to justify shipping (26 year old at the time) K Mack out of town if they turn right back around the following off season and spend longterm cash on L Bell (26 years old). You don't start a Rebuild (they claim they are rebuilding and that's why they traded Mack) by signing a RB with the miles Bell has to a long term deal. With all those extra draft picks they have accumulated surely they can find a cheap RB or two in the draft. 

Edited by Cdub2k
spelling
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I would have no problem buying him in my auction leagues as my RB2. My guess is he goes to the Jets or Raiders. Both teams have young franchise QB's but need a RB to take the pressure off.  The Raiders made almost 30 yr old Doug Martin look pretty good. I don't see Bell going to the Colts simply because of Mack & Hines.  They would be wise to spend the money on another WR for Luck.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

You are going to use a 2nd round pick on this turd?  The second round is a pretty good place to select a team cornerstone.  I am thinking 7th round is about as high as I would go for Bell.

2019 just started and I’m quite certain this is going to take the cake as saltiest post of the year. 

Edited by Gohawks
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

You are going to use a 2nd round pick on this turd?  The second round is a pretty good place to select a team cornerstone.  I am thinking 7th round is about as high as I would go for Bell.

You work for the Steelers management?

How did that bet of you don't need Bell to get to the SB work out for you?

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

You work for the Steelers management?

How did that bet of you don't need Bell to get to the SB work out for you?

They didn't need Bell, but they did need James Conner.  And they needed to give him the ball.  Neither one of those things happened because Big Ben was out there slinging it around the yard 50x per game.

40 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

They didn't need Bell, but they did need James Conner.  And they needed to give him the ball.  Neither one of those things happened because Big Ben was out there slinging it around the yard 50x per game.

Ahh so it's Big Ben's fault that they didnt even make the playoffs?  Maybe it can even be blamed on losing Haley?

Now no one can say conclusively that the Steelers didn't need Bell but it can be said  for a fact that the Steelers  have a worse record and didnt make the playoffs without Bell on the team, as a matter of fact this is the worst record since Bell played his rookie year. :lol:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cdub2k said:

The Raiders won't be able to justify shipping (26 year old at the time) K Mack out of town if they turn right back around the following off season and spend longterm cash on L Bell (26 years old). You don't start a Rebuild (they claim they are rebuilding and that's why they traded Mack) by signing a RB with the miles Bell has to a long term deal. With all those extra draft picks they have accumulated surely they can find a cheap RB or two in the draft. 

I don't think Gruden cares about justifying anything to anyone, which he has clearly demonstrated since he took over. they hored a tv analyst as the new GM. Gruden controls the team

• Like 4

13 hours ago, fachowski said:

Why shouldn't they? He would make their topflight offense even more explosive. If you're gonna shell out 20m on a skill position player, might as well be bell as opposed to Watkins.

They don’t need to pay $20 million to get production at RB. It would be insane to pay Bell that much. 

8 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

They don’t need to pay $20 million to get production at RB. It would be insane to pay Bell that much. 

personally I think the Raiders are in so much debt between leasing the old stadium and  building the new one that they are not attempting to take on big contracts hence the trading of kali+amari and starting spare parts like doug+jordy. when the Vegas revenues kick in then they will spend the big money on FA talent

• Like 3

Bell is a stunning combination of price-tag and headache.  Competent teams are going to shun him like the plague.  Unless one incompetent team takes the plunge, Bell's 2019 season could end up eerily resembling Dez Bryant's 2018 season...

2 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Bell is a stunning combination of price-tag and headache.  Competent teams are going to shun him like the plague.  Unless one incompetent team takes the plunge, Bell's 2019 season could end up eerily resembling Dez Bryant's 2018 season...

no...#1dez was past his prime. #2 dez was not the focus of the offense. #3 dez needed someone else to make him look good.....you can build a team around bell and pittsburg knew that or they would have given up on him long ago despite the fact that he was a headache to them.i could see a kansas city taking a chance on him. baltimore lets say....washington.....indy???.....i'm good with these spots.

3 hours ago, dashoe said:

personally I think the Raiders are in so much debt between leasing the old stadium and  building the new one that they are not attempting to take on big contracts hence the trading of kali+amari and starting spare parts like doug+jordy. when the Vegas revenues kick in then they will spend the big money on FA talent

and they will have the big$$$$ and the big names because of the income tax revenues in nevada......none

1 minute ago, not an nfl scout said:

not if he would be able to bring a super bowl victory to KC?

Tbh, until we see that he is more than just a product of Pitt’s system, I’m not comfortable spending that much jack on him. Not when you have your own system that is RB friendly and doesn’t need a superstar at the position. 

3 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Tbh, until we see that he is more than just a product of Pitt’s system, I’m not comfortable spending that much jack on him. Not when you have your own system that is RB friendly and doesn’t need a superstar at the position. 

well andy reid loves using one back systems. when hunt was cut they went to a commitee  again and the whole offense suffered from it. even mahomes struggled some as well. i think bell would be a great fit for kc for years he's in his prime and would lift the entire crew. 

3 minutes ago, not an nfl scout said:

well andy reid loves using one back systems. when hunt was cut they went to a commitee  again and the whole offense suffered from it. even mahomes struggled some as well. i think bell would be a great fit for kc for years he's in his prime and would lift the entire crew. 

Could be...but I don't think they would have signed Williams to 2yr-$8mil if they had designs on signing a FA like Bell. It's not a huge contract, but it ranks in the top 20 among NFL RBs in average salary. I'm not sure they'd meet Bell's demands after signing a guy to $4 million a year. I know all the fantasy owners are in love with the idea of Bell in KC because of the numbers he could put up there, but I don't think the Chiefs see $15 million (or more) as necessary. 

2 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Could be...but I don't think they would have signed Williams to 2yr-$8mil if they had designs on signing a FA like Bell. It's not a huge contract, but it ranks in the top 20 among NFL RBs in average salary. I'm not sure they'd meet Bell's demands after signing a guy to $4 million a year. I know all the fantasy owners are in love with the idea of Bell in KC because of the numbers he could put up there, but I don't think the Chiefs see $15 million (or more) as necessary. 

yeah you are probably right about the $$$$ and yes kc did throw some good cash at williams.....not sure why really, but we shall see.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, not an nfl scout said:

guys like you are why i'm in....sorry not to insult, but i see the real brave getting a rb.

In, out, this is not the hokipoki.

There is a right price for every player, and in the case of Bell this will so heavily depend on where he lands that it's pretty much useless to speculate right now.

Clearly no-one will pick him top-5. Clearly he won't last until round 5. Between that, I would say anybody's guess, but in practice round 2 or very late round 1 seems normal.

And you will have to take some distractions into account, especially if he lands in a bad team with weak management.

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Like 1

IMO it is pretty easy:

Chiefs- Bell is a top 5 pick

Colts- Bell is a top 5 pick

Balt- Bell is a top 5 pick

Texans- Bell is a top 10 pick (Oline would need to get some upgrades too)

Raiders- Late 1st/Early 2nd

Jets- Early 2nd (let me see the coaching hire)

I think it comes down to the Jets, Colts and Texans. Hoping the money is close with the Colts or Texans because I would obviously prefer those. Bell knows he can’t look any more stupid and sign a s--- deal, but I think he doesn’t want to play for the Jets if he can help it.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2019 at 5:51 PM, urban2014 said:

Either the Jets or Raiders,  in that case,  I am not touching this guy. If he somehow ends up in Indy, we can talk. Still pissed that I picked him to honor my late grandfather and he did that. At least I won the league 

Patriots

6 hours ago, LarryDavid said:

IMO it is pretty easy:

Chiefs- Bell is a top 5 pick

Colts- Bell is a top 5 pick

Balt- Bell is a top 5 pick

Texans- Bell is a top 10 pick (Oline would need to get some upgrades too)

Raiders- Late 1st/Early 2nd

Jets- Early 2nd (let me see the coaching hire)

I think it comes down to the Jets, Colts and Texans. Hoping the money is close with the Colts or Texans because I would obviously prefer those. Bell knows he can’t look any more stupid and sign a s--- deal, but I think he doesn’t want to play for the Jets if he can help it.

As far as pass catching it goes like this:

Chiefs- Bell racks up catches

Colts-  Bell racks up catches

Balt- Bell is about a zero in the receiving dept and probably ends up on IR with a knee  injury do to a horrible pass from Jackson.

Texans- Bell is nearly a zero but catches about 1/2 his normal amount with similar potential to end up on IR. Coach Doofus still not understanding the value of that skillset

Raiders- Bell racks up catches

Jets- Bell racks up catches

13 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

why would the Colts want Bell?

My prediction is Dolphins to pair with Bienemy and Foles

If you’re predicting the Dolphins, I’m not sure how you could scoff at the Colts. The Dolphins have Kenyan Drake (young and cheap) just like the Colts have Marlon Mack. I would say they are very similar. Drake is dynamic runner and can catch the rock. The only reason Mack is outproducing Drake currently is because Gase is and idiot and I’m Colts have a great system going and oline.

The Florida team I forgot to mention would be the Bucs. Especially if they officially hire Bruce Arians. Ronald Jones and Barber aren’t the answer.. and we have all seen what BA did with David Johnson in AZ.