NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Le'Veon Bell 2019 Outlook

Fantasy Gooroo

6 hours ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

Bell is averaging 2.9 yards per carry; that’s less than I predicted. You’re right, apparently I’m not watching closely enough because I have given him far too much credit. 

Lol, dude, I didn't even quote you. And nice call waiting a full week for Bell to have a down game to go all "I told you so!" Bell is in a horrible situation but still passes the eye test better than anyone.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Lol, dude, I didn't even quote you. And nice call waiting a full week for Bell to have a down game to go all "I told you so!" Bell is in a horrible situation but still passes the eye test better than anyone.

You do know that teams only play once a week, right? There’s no use arguing between off days. I prefer to let the numbers and results do most of the talking 😎

Just now, Uncle_Ruckus said:

You do know that teams only play once a week, right? There’s no use arguing between off days. I prefer to let the numbers and results do most of the talking 😎

Get a calendar. My post that you quoted was made immediately after their week 2 game, when he had no blocking but was running hard and making what he could out of nothing. The fact that you're actually doubling down is pathetic and laughable.

26 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Get a calendar. My post that you quoted was made immediately after their week 2 game, when he had no blocking but was running hard and making what he could out of nothing. The fact that you're actually doubling down is pathetic and laughable.

You mean the game he still averaged 3.1 YPC. Yeeeaaaaa, you’re really making a case. I’ve seen Sanders, Peterson, Charles...etc with absolutely horrendous, sieve like O lines and they still churned out all pro seasons. Looks like you just don’t know talent.

21 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

He can look like a grandma in a wheelchair for all I care.  As long as he keeps getting the majority of touches, especially via the passing game - I am all in.  This is fantasy folks...not real football. 

It takes real football to get fantasy production. The point is i don't believe he's as good as he is perceived to be

10 minutes ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

You mean the game he still averaged 3.1 YPC. Yeeeaaaaa, you’re really making a case. I’ve seen Sanders, Peterson, Charles...etc with absolutely horrendous, sieve like O lines and they still churned out all pro seasons. Looks like you just don’t know talent.

You clearly can't even read, and apparently you just look at stats. I said he "passed the eye test." I was talking about how he looked running the ball while guys were blowing up his o-line and had no QB worth a damn. He did the best you could hope for under terrible circumstances, running hard and making guys miss while lining up all over the field (in week 2). Go ahead any keep puffing your chest out, though, if it makes you feel like a big boy. I'm done with you.

Edited by EaglesRocker97
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Savatage79 said:

Product of AB and Ben combined, looks super pedestrian out there 

He was playing with a QB dealing with mono in week 1, the backup QB's foot was dangling off his leg in the 2nd game and a 3rd stringer was in the game for much of the last 2 games. 

With Darnold and Herndon returning week 5, this offense will be doing much better the ROS and the schedule gets REALLY soft in a few weeks. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

You clearly can't even read, and apparently you just look at stats. I said he "passed the eye test." I was talking about how he looked running the ball while guys were blowing up his o-line and had no QB worth a damn. He did the best you could hope for under terrible circumstances, running hard and making guys miss while lining up all over the field (in week 2). Go ahead any keep puffing your chest out, though, if it makes you feel like a big boy. I'm done with you.

Clearly you can’t read. I mentioned several others RBs who have played on atrocious offenses but performed historically well, and all you have to combat that with is “but but but he passed the eye test”...

Lmao ok. So numbers don’t matter, but Eagle Rockers “eye test” does—hysterical. You’re right to quit before you get even further behind. 

21 minutes ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

Clearly you can’t read. I mentioned several others RBs who have played on atrocious offenses but performed historically well, and all you have to combat that with is “but but but he passed the eye test”...

Lmao ok. So numbers don’t matter, but Eagle Rockers “eye test” does—hysterical. You’re right to quit before you get even further behind. 

Oh, look, logical fallacies and factual misrepresentations. Cute. You must be new to this game.

I never said that numbers don't matter. Numbers matter to an extent, but YPC is a less valuable stat in fantasy than in real life. Volume can make up for a crappy YPC in fantasy, and Bell gets volume in spades. Points are what matter, and he scored enough for me to be serviceable in the first two weeks. 

I said that he passed the eye test, because you made the ridiculous implication that Bell is not a talented back by saying that I can't recognize talent. So, really, it was you who brought up the "eye test."

Saying that Bell is not a talented back because other talented backs have put up good numbers on bad teams is incredibly superficial and short-sighted analysis. Not all "bad teams" are equally bad, and the fact that we're only 3 weeks into the season and you want to compare Bell to other backs' full-season workloads is a complete analytical failure on your part.

I don't even know why I replied to you, but you're too easy to take down.

Edited by EaglesRocker97

15 hours ago, Savatage79 said:

Product of AB and Ben combined, looks super pedestrian out there 

7 hours ago, wideopen21 said:

He was playing with a QB dealing with mono in week 1, the backup QB's foot was dangling off his leg in the 2nd game and a 3rd stringer was in the game for much of the last 2 games. 

With Darnold and Herndon returning week 5, this offense will be doing much better the ROS and the schedule gets REALLY soft in a few weeks. 

And if you still think Bell looks "super pedestrian"
RB leaders in missed tackles forced per touch through 3 weeks.

1. Alvin Kamara (0.37)

2. Le'Veon Bell (0.32)  

3. Austin Ekeler (0.31)

4. Mark Ingram (0.30)

5. Josh Jacobs (0.28)

6. Dalvin Cook (0.27)

Again, let's wait until his QB is back before we pass judgment on Bell who happened to have a very good week 1 with Darnold especially in PPR leagues where he had 6 catches, 90 total yards and a TD. 

• Like 4

I have been ripping on Bell on these boards for a couple of years now but I have to say he's impressed me recently.  Bell has said all the right things, and played hard.  Good for him.  I did not see this coming.

I would not sell him low right now if I had Bell on my fantasy team.  There are some easier games coming up, and the offense as a whole should have more success when Darnold gets back.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Surprisingly, Darnold says he feels ready to start.  Sounds like it's just a matter of determining whether his spleen is still enlarged.  They will have those tests tomorrow.  

What are folks' thoughts of Bell ROS, assuming Darnold comes back soon and healthy.  

Personally, I think he's at the top of that second tier of RBs right behind Saquon, McCaffrey, and Zeke.  Usage has been amazing.  Just needs an actual real NFL quarterback to move the chains and clear the boxes.  

55 minutes ago, Rainyy said:

Surprisingly, Darnold says he feels ready to start.  Sounds like it's just a matter of determining whether his spleen is still enlarged.  They will have those tests tomorrow.  

What are folks' thoughts of Bell ROS, assuming Darnold comes back soon and healthy.  

Personally, I think he's at the top of that second tier of RBs right behind Saquon, McCaffrey, and Zeke.  Usage has been amazing.  Just needs an actual real NFL quarterback to move the chains and clear the boxes.  

Trying to buy low as we speak

• Like 1