NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Le'Veon Bell 2019 Outlook

Fantasy Gooroo

I'll take 12 points in .5 PPR on a high school-caliber offense.  

Not great numbers for a 1st round pick, but a completely passable floor until Darnold comes back.  Seems next week is likely.  That should be a huge boost.  

That said, I am a little concerned with the Jets O-line and receivers.  I'll reserve judgement until Darnold comes back.  Teams can just blitz with impunity because Falk is utterly useless at making quick, decisive, and accurate throws.  

• Like 3

On 9/4/2019 at 7:55 PM, Uncle_Ruckus said:

He will average 3.5 yards a carry on this team. Volume doesn’t amount to much when you can’t move the chains or get in the end zone. 1,100 total yards and 6 TDs sounds about right. 

Wow, Bell is on pace for 1,134 yards and 4 TDs with a 2.9 YPC. There were seriously people arguing with me 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

52 minutes ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

Wow, Bell is on pace for 1,134 yards and 4 TDs with a 2.9 YPC. There were seriously people arguing with me 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I think your maths are off I’m getting 1500 total yards

9 hours ago, 904kc said:

Bell will be fine when Darnold is back and the schedule eases up a bit. 

He will be fine, but the Jets are going to need to establish that they have a credible passing game.  Teams have certainly taken notice of Bell's insane usage rate - the entire offense revolves around him.  Yes, some of that is the fact that Falk can't pass more than 5 yards.  But teams would be smart to stack the box and blitz the Jets even when Darnold comes back - until the Jets can prove they have other playmakers.  

The o-line has played poorly.  The receivers have been dreadful (even considering the clown throwing to them).  

I still love Bell as a safe RB1, but Bell might not have the upside I thought he did if the Jets can't move the ball and score TDs.  We will see.  It's very hard to evaluate the offense with a third-string QB so I'm hopeful.  

12 hours ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

Maybe they are arguing with you because you're wrong. Right now Bell is on pace for 1488 total yards.

And, he's played against 3 top 7 rush defenses in 4 games and mostly without a real QB. And, if you've watched the games, he's been a warrior out there. He's a pretty screaming buy-low right now. Based on the schedule, if healthy he could be a league winner in the 2nd half of the season.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, andypro77 said:

Maybe they are arguing with you because you're wrong. Right now Bell is on pace for 1488 total yards.

And, he's played against 3 top 7 rush defenses in 4 games and mostly without a real QB. And, if you've watched the games, he's been a warrior out there. He's a pretty screaming buy-low right now. Based on the schedule, if healthy he could be a league winner in the 2nd half of the season.

Some good points made here. I’m in a .5 PPR league and Bell is quietly scoring only ~1.5 PPG less than Zeke, even given the tough schedule and lack of a competent QB.

My biggest concern is this.. what happens if the jets are say 2-10 going into week 12, is there any reason to keep giving Le’Veon carries? Or do they sit him and prep for next season? Not sure if NFL teams really do that but 

1 hour ago, Proto24 said:

Or do they sit him and prep for next season?

Doubtful. In similar sitations, Barkley had 44 touches in weeks 15 and 16 last year. Chubb had 41. Also, I'd bet there's no way the Jets are 2-12. They play 6 games in a row from week 9 on where they might be favored to win all of them. Dophins/Giants/Redskins/Raiders/Bengals/Dolphins. They're also done with the Patriots after week 7, and have don't play the Bills anymore except for week 17.

Add to this that Bell has never been a committee guy, and has publicly stated he can take 500 touches. You can't know exactly how things will shake out late in the season, but there's no reason to believe that Bell won't have his normal role through the end of this season.

30 minutes ago, andypro77 said:

Doubtful. In similar sitations, Barkley had 44 touches in weeks 15 and 16 last year. Chubb had 41. Also, I'd bet there's no way the Jets are 2-12. They play 6 games in a row from week 9 on where they might be favored to win all of them. Dophins/Giants/Redskins/Raiders/Bengals/Dolphins. They're also done with the Patriots after week 7, and have don't play the Bills anymore except for week 17.

Add to this that Bell has never been a committee guy, and has publicly stated he can take 500 touches. You can't know exactly how things will shake out late in the season, but there's no reason to believe that Bell won't have his normal role through the end of this season.

Some good points here... in that case, (sans week 7) it’s only up from here

11 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

Any thoughts about today?

He's a RB2/Flex. Way overdrafted. 

Took long periods of time off toward the end of the game. Kept looking for injury reports - saw none. He should have been handed the ball 15 times more considering the game script.

I'm puzzled.

• Like 1

For all you guys who are concerned, the jets literally said they wanted to reduce his workload this week after he had to try and carry the team with darnold out. I’m sure we’ll see prime bell soon enough, they’ll need him against the patriots and jags. After that, it’s smooth sailing. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

He's a RB2/Flex. Way overdrafted. 

Took long periods of time off toward the end of the game. Kept looking for injury reports - saw none. He should have been handed the ball 15 times more considering the game script.

I'm puzzled.

This post will not age well through the second half of the season