Le'Veon Bell 2019 Outlook

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whoa. Easy with the language.

You're lucky I'm not active this year.  This is some of the most useless analysis I've seen and would normally tear it apart a lot more than I'm about to. Bell is the best back in the league.  Un

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Why would somebody give up draft picks for the honor of taking on a terrible contract?  The Lions are 2.5 games out of a playoff spot.  Why would they wreck the next four years of their franchise to chase a six-seed that probably won't come?  I know the later deadline has led to more activity over the past couple years but I don't see how anyone would take this guy on.  Kansas City?  KC's problem is not at RB.  It's on defense, plus an injured QB and WR corps.  Is Lev Bell going to play linebacker and stop the run?  

If you are looking to "make a run at it" I can see trading for Melvin Gordon.  He's a free agent and you don't have to deal with baggage for years to come.  But Bell requires a complete overhaul of a franchise.  Too rich for most blood, IMO.

It's not a terrible contract for the team that trades for him.  It's 1.85M for the rest of this season, then 13.5M next year.  After that he's cuttable with only a 4M cap hit. 

It's actually a very team friendly deal if he's traded.  The acquiring team gets  1 1/2 seasons of a top running back in his prime. 

He would make KC better.  He's at least as good if not better than McCoy out of the backfield and his pass protection is much better.

LeVeon Bell is probably cheaper than what Gordon would cost since the Jets already paid the guy up front.  The only catch is what kind of compensation the Jets want.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Iron-cock said:

It's not a terrible contract for the team that trades for him.  It's 1.85M for the rest of this season, then 13.5M next year.  After that he's cuttable with only a 4M cap hit. 

It's actually a very team friendly deal if he's traded.  The acquiring team gets  1 1/2 seasons of a top running back in his prime. 

He would make KC better.  He's at least as good if not better than McCoy out of the backfield and his pass protection is much better.

LeVeon Bell is probably cheaper than what Gordon would cost since the Jets already paid the guy up front.  The only catch is what kind of compensation the Jets want.

he’s probably the second best pass catching back behind CMC in the entire league. Bell would make McCoy and the DWills irrelevant. KC would probably cut/trade a couple of them 

10 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

KC ABSOLUTELY needs a RB, they have a horrible rushing offense. If anything I’d rather trade for bell then Gordon. At least bell is under contract. Gordon is a rental and is probably just as expensive. 

"Horrible rushing offense?"  McCoy's averaging 5.2 YPC.  Darrel Williams 4.1 YPC.  The problem is that Reid never runs the ball.  

• Haha 2

How does this affect Le'Veons production going forward if a trade does not go through?

Do you still work as hard?

Do you even have the same practice mentality?

Does he pull what he pulled in Pittsburgh and is just a cancer in (or out of) the locker room going forward?

1 minute ago, Juke said:

How does this affect Le'Veons production going forward if a trade does not go through?

Does he pull what he pulled in Pittsburgh and is just a cancer in (or out of) the locker room going forward?

He's been paid bigly and he loves football. He gives 100% effort every game from what I've seen. How was he a cancer in Pittsburgh? I never saw it. The guy was the most worked RB in the league. He never complained about it. When it came time to extend him a longer contract they balked and tagged him, not once, but TWICE.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
16 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

well, we have this ...

but also this ...

Well, you have Mehta reporting it and Hughes confirming it.  I guess it's still just a "made up anonymous story".

Really it makes sense that the Jets would get calls since the story was floated that Gase wanted him traded before the season...

6 minutes ago, Juke said:

Yep, this is what I'm worried about right here. 

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

He's been paid bigly and he loves football. He gives 100% effort every game from what I've seen. How was he a cancer in Pittsburgh? I never saw it. The guy was the most worked RB in the league. He never complained about it. When it came time to extend him a longer contract they balked and tagged him, not once, but TWICE.

Although he did it for his own reasons - due to holding out - he inadvertantly created an atmosphere in Pittsburgh where the offensive line couldn't barely go a day without being quoted talking about Bell in the media. He created doubt, hope and everything in between with his teammates. Although not quite as bad as players like Brown, he still had a hand last year creating a negative vibe.

20 minutes ago, SGagne said:

Hahaha the Jets are arguably the worst run franchise and I love it. 

I don't even think there is an argument about it.  They've been the worst run team since they ran Tannenbaum out of town.  But they're trying to do the right thing here.  I have some hope that GM Joe Douglas might be competent.  He spend a lot of time around Ozzie Newsome and Howie Roseman.  Maybe he learned something...

Edited by Iron-cock
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, Juke said:

Although he did it for his own reasons - due to holding out - he inadvertantly created an atmosphere in Pittsburgh where the offensive line couldn't barely go a day without being quoted talking about Bell in the media. He created doubt, hope and everything in between with his teammates. Although not quite as bad as players like Brown, he still had a hand last year creating a negative vibe.

In his defense, the Steelers paid him less than a million dollars a year from 2014-2016 and then put the franchise tag on him and historically they've played hardball.

I'm not saying what they did wasn't smart, but trade or no, Bell's getting paid 8 digits no matter where he plays with as much guaranteed money as the Jets have ponied up.  I don't think it's the same situation.

13 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

I don't even think there is an argument about it.  They've been the worst run team since they ran Tannenbaum out of town.  But they're trying to do the right thing here.  I have some hope that GM Joe Douglas might be competent.  He spend a lot of time around Ozzie Newsome and Howie Roseman.  Maybe he learned something...

The right thing was to never let Mac have any contract/personnel/draft decisions for this year if they knew they were going to fire him. The johnsons are morons.

• Like 1
Just now, kball09 said:

What a crap show. Guaranteed money out the a** and now you publicly try to trade him. No team is going to want to take that on. You've basically Melvin-Gordoned yourself

if you read the tweets from earlier, the Jets were called by other teams - they were not actively shopping him ... big difference.