NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Le'Veon Bell 2019 Outlook

Fantasy Gooroo

20 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Le'Veon Bell says the Steelers were amongst the teams trying to trade for him ahead of Tuesday's deadline.

ūüėā

I wish they would’ve. I miss that man in Pittsburgh. Every time ben had a bad game he put the team on his back. Fantasy monster for years. 

15 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

I wish they would’ve. I miss that man in Pittsburgh. Every time ben had a bad game he put the team on his back. Fantasy monster for years. 

Pitt didn't want to pay the man but wants him back now?

They were so content to go with James Conner last season.

Now Be is stuck playing under Adam head Gase. Lol. Terrible moves by Steelers and Bell.

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Pitt didn't want to pay the man but wants him back now?

They were so content to go with James Conner last season.

Now Be is stuck playing under Adam head Gase. Lol. Terrible moves by Steelers and Bell.

He wanted a ‚Äúrecord breaking‚ÄĚ contract that never got, and ended up signing for a lesser deal (more guaranteed money, which the Steelers are stingy with) the two sides really should‚Äôve just hammered out a deal and moved on. He could‚Äôve been a legend in the steel city.¬†

17 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

He wanted a ‚Äúrecord breaking‚ÄĚ contract that never got, and ended up signing for a lesser deal (more guaranteed money, which the Steelers are stingy with) the two sides really should‚Äôve just hammered out a deal and moved on. He could‚Äôve been a legend in the steel city.¬†

100pct. 

I think he got really bad advice. He is a RB. He is worth what the market says he is worth. With that said, he is been nothing but a fantastic teammate in New York despite the disaster that he has signed on to. 

59 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

This is genuinely my only serious complaint. Darnold is trash. Run the ball with your best player. I don’t get it 

Why even pay a RB all that money if you aren't even going to use him on the goalline? Some coaches are just dumb AF.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Castavar said:

Why even pay a RB all that money if you aren't even going to use him on the goalline? Some coaches are just dumb AF.

Nagy and Z. Taylor are dumb AF.  However, Gase makes them both look moderately intelligent.  Why in God's name, would the Jets even consider hiring him ?  Dude got fired from the Dolphins.  The Jets make the Mets look like a well run organization.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Castavar said:

Cause Gase didn't want an overpaid RB. However, it's dumb how a coach won't adjust what he does with the tools given. You see it so often in hockey where a coach has a system, and makes players play his system instead of adjusting the system.

Gase is an idiot trying to smash a square peg in a round hole. But he's trying to do it with his feet and doesn't understand why it's so hard.

12 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

This is genuinely my only serious complaint. Darnold is trash. Run the ball with your best player. I don’t get it 

16 hours ago, Castavar said:

Gase and the Jets are absolutely TERRIBLE. Have zero faith in Bell. Can barely put up 10 points against the tanking Dolphins

After watching this team very closely all year, the biggest problem I don't think is the playcalling. The playcalling really hasn't been that bad. It's the O-Line.

- If your argument is that Darnold is trash, sure he makes some young-QB-like errors, but he has ABSOLUTELY NO PROTECTION!

- If your argument is that Bell is trash.. - how many rushes did he start by stalling and looking for a damn hole? Bell has NO where to go because this line is just absolutely terrible.

Sure, I'm not impressed by Gase's coaching, but the playcalling hasn't really been terrible. It's the execution by the O-Line. Fix the O-Line, I think you will start to see Darnold making better throws, and Bell getting longer carries. For Christ sake's..Bell's longest run yesterday before the end of the 4th was 7 yards.

/rant.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MSkibisky said:

After watching this team very closely all year, the biggest problem I don't think is the playcalling. The playcalling really hasn't been that bad. It's the O-Line.

- If your argument is that Darnold is trash, sure he makes some young-QB-like errors, but he has ABSOLUTELY NO PROTECTION!

- If your argument is that Bell is trash.. - how many rushes did he start by stalling and looking for a damn hole? Bell has NO where to go because this line is just absolutely terrible.

Sure, I'm not impressed by Gase's coaching, but the playcalling hasn't really been terrible. It's the execution by the O-Line. Fix the O-Line, I think you will start to see Darnold making better throws, and Bell getting longer carries. For Christ sake's..Bell's longest run yesterday before the end of the 4th was 7 yards.

/rant.

I think you're right, but I also think that "fixing" the O line is probably not an in season option, or perhaps an option at all given current management.

Osemele was, on paper, their best blocker.  While it sucks losing him, their hard balling of his surgery now probably makes them the least desirable landing spot for offensive linemen, and the current group probably doesn't view it as favorable either (at least I wouldn't).

7 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

/rant.

Imagine leaving the Steelers to play for this dumpster fire Jets team hahahahahaha 

2 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I think you're right, but I also think that "fixing" the O line is probably not an in season option, or perhaps an option at all given current management.

Osemele was, on paper, their best blocker.  While it sucks losing him, their hard balling of his surgery now probably makes them the least desirable landing spot for offensive linemen, and the current group probably doesn't view it as favorable either (at least I wouldn't).

I agree. Hell, I think I can get through this line.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

You see his interview after getting stuffed by the Pats? He cares.

Should’ve clarified that I don’t think he cares about leaving the Steelers. Seems like that all comes from the Steelers fans. But yea, no doubt he wants to be competitive.

• Like 1