NBC Sports Edge Forums

Le'Veon Bell 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, MSkibisky said:

After watching this team very closely all year, the biggest problem I don't think is the playcalling. The playcalling really hasn't been that bad. It's the O-Line.

- If your argument is that Darnold is trash, sure he makes some young-QB-like errors, but he has ABSOLUTELY NO PROTECTION!

- If your argument is that Bell is trash.. - how many rushes did he start by stalling and looking for a damn hole? Bell has NO where to go because this line is just absolutely terrible.

Sure, I'm not impressed by Gase's coaching, but the playcalling hasn't really been terrible. It's the execution by the O-Line. Fix the O-Line, I think you will start to see Darnold making better throws, and Bell getting longer carries. For Christ sake's..Bell's longest run yesterday before the end of the 4th was 7 yards.

/rant.

The O Line is why Gase isn’t running more. 

They should have sold whatever they could at the trade deadline to get OLinemen. 

Ends up what they wanted from the Cowboys for Jamal Adams was an OLineman.  So they know the problem.  It’s just not fixable in season.  

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whoa. Easy with the language.

You're lucky I'm not active this year.  This is some of the most useless analysis I've seen and would normally tear it apart a lot more than I'm about to. Bell is the best back in the league.  Un

Posted Images

Yeah, Gase has been disappointing as a playcaller, but I really don't know what you can do with this dumpster fire. We all knew the line would be weak, but I don't think we anticipated that it would a next-level disaster. It's a catastrophic set of circumstances for a team with a young QB trying to find his mojo and a running back whose success is predicated on good blocking. Watching the Jets offense is pathetic spectacle to behold; there's no redeemable quality on that line. Honestly, when you think about it, it's kind of amazing that Bell has been able to salvage an even modestly serviceable level of production. As it stands, you've got to be happy with 120 total yards, 10-15 points, and the sight of Bell walking off the field under his own power. It's a shame his prime years will likely be wasted on a dysfunctional and directionless team. Darnold is very young and still has time to turn things around, as long as they don't ruin him behind that line, but Bell likely only has 2-3 years left to compete at the highest level. What a shame.

As a Bell owner I am disappointed as I bought into him being a RB1.

My new reality has him pegged as a mid RB2 type in 1/2 ppr and high end RB2 in ppr leagues and a flex in non ppr.

again....disappointing but we have to live in this new reality and just work around it.

1 minute ago, TheJuggernautBTCH said:

As a Bell owner I am disappointed as I bought into him being a RB1.

My new reality has him pegged as a mid RB2 type in 1/2 ppr and high end RB2 in ppr leagues and a flex in non ppr.

again....disappointing but we have to live in this new reality and just work around it.

Who hasn't been a disappointment in the first round ?

McCaffrey 

5 minutes ago, Proto24 said:

Best case he misses a few weeks?

Best case is this is precautionary and he misses no time. He stayed in the whole game and no injury was reported immediately after. He also had an MRI on his shoulder earlier in the season and missed no time.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, bangarrang said:

Best case is this is precautionary and he misses no time. He stayed in the whole game and no injury was reported immediately after. He also had an MRI on his shoulder earlier in the season and missed no time.

Fingers crossed

4 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

maybe he tweaked it awhile ago and has been soldiering on ... but, after yesterday, he said "f this" and is gonna have it checked 🤷‍♂️

Not sure if anyone watched the game but there were definitely some awkward tackles, could’ve gotten twisted up on one of those potentially 

5 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

maybe he tweaked it awhile ago and has been soldiering on ... but, after yesterday, he said "f this" and is gonna have it checked 🤷‍♂️

Maybe the tank is finally on, just a week too late. 

I actually thought Bell would mail it in to a much greater extent once he got paid multiple millions.  It has appeared to me that he has at least tried hard.

I have never thought Bell was all that good to begin with, more of a product of the Steelers' system--A+ Offensive Line and a very good passing game that forced opposing defenses to respect it with extra defenders.

Now that Bell no longer has any of that, he hasn't been very good.  I hope his knee is okay, but even if he's healthy, I expect more of the same blah results going forward.