Le'Veon Bell 2019 Outlook

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whoa. Easy with the language.

You're lucky I'm not active this year.  This is some of the most useless analysis I've seen and would normally tear it apart a lot more than I'm about to. Bell is the best back in the league.  Un

Posted Images

1 hour ago, crazyfingers711 said:

I had the 12th pick and went Cook so I'm pretty happy.  

I was in an insane draft where the first 11 picks were RB's.  Bell went at the 8th pick and luckily Cook was there for me at the 9th, very happy sitting at 8-1. 

Edited by Tob

Powell is the cuff here, right? Went for 2/16 in relief and Montgomery got banged up as well. On the off chance they let bell rest, he may be a sneaky free add that could work as a trade piece to an RB needy team in a must win situation, every league has a couple of those teams.

26 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

He will never be what he was in Pittsburgh ever again.

Some guys are in it solely for the money and Bell is one of those guys.

Sorry for owners of this turd 💩

The only turd bigger than this turd is the coach he ended up playing for this year.

💩

👆🙊🤣

Anyone willing to sit out an entire year of football is only in it for one thing. It’s painfully obvious. I’ve watched rivers play a game on a torn ACL. I’ve watched Big Ben play with a broken nose. Those guys love the game. Bell loves the fame and the paycheck. 

• Haha 1

I'm not necessarily disagreeing in the sense that he may not love football like some do, but the guy gives his all every Sunday, which is more than you can say for a lot of players. Not to mention even after a year off he came back in perfect playing shape. 

His problem this year isn't his lack of love for the game, it's the pathetic Jets offense. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Anyone willing to sit out an entire year of football is only in it for one thing. It’s painfully obvious. I’ve watched rivers play a game on a torn ACL. I’ve watched Big Ben play with a broken nose. Those guys love the game. Bell loves the fame and the paycheck. 

Listening to Bell and reading a lot of content on the Jets, I don't get that feeling. I hate the Jets. I really love to see them lose because its quite entertaining.

With that being said, Bell has actually been the voice of reason for their team.

• Thanks 1
44 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

He will never be what he was in Pittsburgh ever again.

Some guys are in it solely for the money and Bell is one of those guys.

The only turd bigger than this turd is the coach he ended up playing for this year.

💩

👆🙊🤣

Wrong.

16 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

You sound like a scorned ex-lover. Get over it.

Bell wanted his payday and rightfully so. But seeing him play with the Jets every weekend shows me he obviously loves the game just as much as his money. He takes a beating every week. The team is terrible. He rarely takes plays off. I've been impressed with Bell this year despite how bad the team has been.

• Like 3

If I remember correctly, when news broke of the shoulder MRI earlier this season, we found out that same day that he was OK. So, hopefully would should hear soon...

anyone remember specifically how long it took for results to come through with the shoulder?

4 minutes ago, Proto24 said:

If I remember correctly, when news broke of the shoulder MRI earlier this season, we found out that same day that he was OK. So, hopefully would should hear soon...

anyone remember specifically how long it took for results to come through with the shoulder?

They should already have the MRI results. If its clean its all good. If there is something wrong (ACL or Meniscus) then they will need to see what the dr says.  They may even get multiple opinions/options if it is a meniscus issue.  Too much up in the air right now until we here what exactly is wrong with his knee.  Could also be an MCL issue which can range from 1-8 weeks depending on severity. Speculation until we know whats up.

Edited by Big Nate
18 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

Wrong.

Bell wanted his payday and rightfully so. But seeing him play with the Jets every weekend shows me he obviously loves the game just as much as his money. He takes a beating every week. The team is terrible. He rarely takes plays off. I've been impressed with Bell this year despite how bad the team has been.

Wrong

Some crazy takes in this thread.

The O-Line is bad.  Bell is "dependent" on good run blocking?  Why, I believe that makes him...a running back.

He just plays for the paycheck?  Yeah man, nobody is running the ball for their favorite non profit out there.

You've watched guys play with injuries before?  Wonderful.  They probably shouldn't have been but adrenaline's a hell of a drug.  Also doesn't mean they are negotiating in the offseason to be the highest paid player at their position.  Just so happens that's playing quarterback is a much bigger negotiating chip to playing running back.  Phillip Rivers and Big Ben are getting paid 10 million dollars at 37.  Frank Gore is getting paid 2 million dollars and he is a marvel of modern medical science and most guys he got drafted with retired a decade ago.

• Haha 3
33 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Some crazy takes in this thread.

The O-Line is bad.  Bell is "dependent" on good run blocking?  Why, I believe that makes him...a running back.

He just plays for the paycheck?  Yeah man, nobody is running the ball for their favorite non profit out there.

You've watched guys play with injuries before?  Wonderful.  They probably shouldn't have been but adrenaline's a hell of a drug.  Also doesn't mean they are negotiating in the offseason to be the highest paid player at their position.  Just so happens that's playing quarterback is a much bigger negotiating chip to playing running back.  Phillip Rivers and Big Ben are getting paid 10 million dollars at 37.  Frank Gore is getting paid 2 million dollars and he is a marvel of modern medical science and most guys he got drafted with retired a decade ago.

👏

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, tpat30 said:

Wrong.

I been over it lol the jets are like 1-7. He took a slightly bigger payday to sell out go to a terrible team. You don’t leave the Steelers for the jets because you want to go win somewhere else. He was chasing the check, that's all it was. No one even wanted to pay him and he had to settle for the Jets and now he’s trying to save face. As a Steelers fan I’ve loved what’s happened with Bell and Brown lol. He’s going to be mediocre all year long on this team and the best part of his career is absolutely over. He’ll be a free agent without a team by 30. 

1 minute ago, Ryansm11 said:

I been over it lol the jets are like 1-7. He took a slightly bigger payday to sell out go to a terrible team. You don’t leave the Steelers for the jets because you want to go win somewhere else. He was chasing the check, that's all it was. No one even wanted to pay him and he had to settle for the Jets and now he’s trying to save face. As a Steelers fan I’ve loved what’s happened with Bell and Brown lol. He’s going to be mediocre all year long on this team and the best part of his career is absolutely over. He’ll be a free agent without a team by 30. 

Pittsburgh could have avoided it by just squaring him up instead of franchising him a second time. I don't blame him for holding out last year.

Just now, FitzMagic said:

Pittsburgh could have avoided it by just squaring him up instead of franchising him a second time. I don't blame him for holding out last year.

I mean I’m on the boat of paying him. He was always a baller. Dude played his heart out. That said, no team paying a RB a record breaking deal is going to win anything. Who are the top 5 highest paid right now? Gurley? Lol. David Johnson? No RB is worth top money. Bell Gurley and DJ are basically proving that this year. We’ll see what happens with Zeke. 

1 minute ago, sjm76 said:

If Bell ends up missing games, the next man up would be Ty Montgomery but I think they would have Bilal Powell and Trenton Cannon mix in, too.

Realistically it doesn't matter. And I don't mean that condescendingly, but if Lev Bell playing every snap was a low-end RB2 none of these mix of replacements will have any fantasy relevance. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Realistically it doesn't matter. And I don't mean that condescendingly, but if Lev Bell playing every snap was a low-end RB2 none of these mix of replacements will have any fantasy relevance. 

The starting rb on any team including the Jets and Dolphins, has some relevance if only to be a bye week filler.

After some investigating, this seems different than the shoulder MRI for two reasons 

1. Gase said the shoulder MRI was “precautionary”

2. We found out that Le’Veon was OK by mid afternoon with the shoulder MRI

The waiting game continues...... expecting the worst, but hoping for the best

2 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I'm not necessarily disagreeing in the sense that he may not love football like some do, but the guy gives his all every Sunday, which is more than you can say for a lot of players. Not to mention even after a year off he came back in perfect playing shape. 

His problem this year isn't his lack of love for the game, it's the pathetic Jets offense. 

Exactly. 

"Love of the game" means something if you're an amateur. These guys are all professionals. You know what defines the difference? The paycheck.

I come to work to earn my paycheck. Now, I have a work ethic and a desire to do my best every day, to help my "team" win. But if someone was willing to double [or more] my pay if I left, even if it wasn't as stable of a company as the one I currently work for? Yeah, I'd take that. And I'd work just as hard to "win", even if it was a more uphill battle because it wasn't the better company.

Bell, to any outward viewer, is working his butt off for his paycheck and his teammates. Yeah, by going to the Jets maybe he's never going to win a Super Bowl ring. But that doesn't mean he's not out there doing his best. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

The difference between LeVeon Bell and Derrick Henry this year is .8 points per game.

8 yards.

The contrasting way in which you speak of these two RBs is hilarious.

• Thanks 1