NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Corey Kluber 2019 Outlook

5 minutes ago, GeauxLSU said:

On the 60 day DL. If he’s out all of 60 days that would be mid August. 

Could this injury jury require surgery? Or would we already have heard a rumor of that?

If a broken bone required surgery in the form of plates and screws that would have been done already. Hes far enough out now that it would require re breaking to do that.  Also the 60 day DL is retro to when he was placed on it so he could be back before mid August, and was largely a procedural move for roster management. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GeauxLSU said:

On the 60 day DL. If he’s out all of 60 days that would be mid August. 

Could this injury jury require surgery? Or would we already have heard a rumor of that?

While mid August is entirely possible, even though he was transferred to the 60 day IL, the time out is still based on the day he was originally placed on the 10 day IL back in early May. 

Just now, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

While mid August is entirely possible, even though he was transferred to the 60 day IL, the time out is still based on the day he was originally placed on the 10 day IL back in early May. 

I actually forgot to ask if the 60 day started now or back in May.

2 minutes ago, RoadApple said:

He wasnt the Kluber of old before the broken arm and I wouldnt think that would help anything but stranger things have happened I suppose.

I dont know. He was pretty good. I think the only difference was a higher walk-rate but everything else was the same. 35 innings is not enough to convince me that kluber has a problem with command or walking guys.

Corey Klubers MRIs came clean and he’s been cleared to start throwing again 

This is great news. Forearm injuries, unlike shoulder and elbow, aren’t usually reoccurring. Meaning once it’s healed it’s healed. So there is a lower chance of a set back. I think we see Kluber pitch in rehab games in July and return to the majors in August 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Kluber, recovering from a broken right forearm, said he was encouraged by the way he threw Sunday. Regarding the intensity he used, he said it was like an offseason side session. He traveled with the Indians to Toronto after Sunday’s 5-4 win over the Royals and will throw another bullpen on Wednesday.

https://www.cleveland.com/tribe/2019/07/rehab-central-features-kluber-salazar-and-3-other-things-about-the-cleveland-indians.html

Sounds like things are going well. Mid August return would mean he could be pitching strong for us in the fantasy playoffs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Fiveohnine said:

He's not even "top tier" on the Indians, even with Bauer gone. At 24 y/o, Bieber would almost certainly be a better bet in dynasty, then Clevinger. Maybe even Plesac at this point.

i know what you mean. But would you trade him for idk, a pack of not rly high prospects? 

4 hours ago, Fiveohnine said:

He's not even "top tier" on the Indians, even with Bauer gone. At 24 y/o, Bieber would almost certainly be a better bet in dynasty, then Clevinger. Maybe even Plesac at this point.

candidate for 🤡 post of the year 

In the past 5 years Kluber has 4 top 3 finishes for the Cy Young Award. He won it 2 out of the 5 years. 

He gets off to a slow start, then has his arm broken by a line drive, and your clown a** is writing him off like the waiver wire has better talent. It really blows my mind. Guy has a career 3 ERA. He’s a monster.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

You quoted me without responding to what I said. You’d be a fool to trade Bieber for this guy in dynasty.

And yeah. Kluber’s career numbers are nice. They may help him get into the HOF one day. They won’t do anything for anyone’s fantasy team this year though. 

1 hour ago, Fiveohnine said:

You quoted me without responding to what I said. You’d be a fool to trade Bieber for this guy in dynasty.

And yeah. Kluber’s career numbers are nice. They may help him get into the HOF one day. They won’t do anything for anyone’s fantasy team this year though. 

You’d be a fool to want Bieber on the mound in a playoff game over a healthy Kluber. 

You have some crazy recency bias buddy. Bieber has had one good year and he only performs against weak opponents. Kluber is a perennial superstar. 

2 minutes ago, collucho said:

You’d be a fool to want Bieber on the mound in a playoff game over a healthy Kluber. 

You have some crazy recency bias buddy. Bieber has had one good year and he only performs against weak opponents. Kluber is a perennial superstar. 

Get out of here with this. In 4 games against MIN this year he's 2-0 and held them to a .683 OPS. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, collucho said:

You do realize the two of you are arguing over 2 different things? 509 was responding to someone’s question about Kluber’s dynasty value while you keep ignoring that in your rush to defend Kluber.

And for the record, I’d rather have Bieber over Kluber in both redrafts and dynasty and it’s not really close.

• Like 1